Rayman70

Reaction score
200.gif
Stevie has spoken.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but it is a stupid rule though.

If the forward toe tap counts, so should this.

On the other hand the toe tap is pretty stupid too.
It would be difficult to administer it if the rule was changed.

What if the toes are in and there if the width of a sheet of paper between the heel and ground for 1/10th of a second before the heel touches out of bounds?

There are many many bigger issues with the NFL rules and how their enforced than the heel issue.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I’m not sure at what point fans started thinking that part of the foot out of bounds isn’t really out of bounds.

As soon as one person says it, the rest think, "maybe I'm not a lone wolf crazy person after all" and then you have your floodgates open.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It would be difficult to administer it if the rule was changed.

What if the toes are in and there if the width of a sheet of paper between the heel and ground for 1/10th of a second before the heel touches out of bounds?

There are many many bigger issues with the NFL rules and how their enforced than the heel issue.

Fair point, but I think you might be making it more difficult than it is.

There are plenty of times where it's unclear if a white shoe is on the white sideline or not. Stuff is inconclusive all the time. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to say forward toe = good, backward toe = no good.

But yeah it's not so much of an issue that it's ruining the game or anything.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair point, but I think you might be making it more difficult than it is.

There are plenty of times where it's unclear if a white shoe is on the white sideline or not. Stuff is inconclusive all the time. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to say forward toe = good, backward toe = no good.

But yeah it's not so much of an issue that it's ruining the game or anything.
I would like to see the rules simplified and less overall rules.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they do. it's a homophone, just using the wrong one. easy mistake.
It's also easy to see when you accidentally type it. If it was one or two times, that's one thing. When close to half (or at least it seems it) of the people spell it wrong, it gets really annoying. Not as bad as people writing "lead" instead of "led", but still.

Londonboy

Reaction score
It's also easy to see when you accidentally type it. If it was one or two times, that's one thing. When close to half (or at least it seems it) of the people spell it wrong, it gets really annoying. Not as bad as people writing "lead" instead of "led", but still.
Be patient, time heels all wounds Bruv.

catiii

Reaction score
I don't know about all this malarchy. Sounds dodgy to me. We got robbed.

Reaction score
I’m not sure at what point fans started thinking that part of the foot out of bounds isn’t really out of bounds.

,,, lol, kinda shocking really. Meanwhile Micah Parsons is being held about 50 times per game without a flag, the NFL officials should be answering questions about that and not wasting time on this drivel.