Twitter: Stephen Jones: Officials correctly administered CeeDee Lamb call

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think he needs to look at the lamb play, as it wasnt a toe drag.

Nope, it wasn't Lamb's foot actually hit the defender and that's what deflected it towards the turf. Arguably, Lamb wouldn't have gotten a foot down without that so the defender gave him a chance, just not enough.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The stadium operators should have protested by playing Tears for Fears "Head over Heels".

silvernblu

Reaction score
If CeeDee magically broke his ankle so that his toe could touch but his heal wouldn’t. That would be a catch. But because his foot stayed intact, like a normal body part, it is not a catch.

Change the stupid rule!

While you are at it. Change when single hand is out of bounds despite the rest of body and football is in bounds too.

Sydla

Reaction score
I still can't believe there are long, multiple threads on this. LOL.

As I said in another thread, if AJ Brown does the same thing against us, all you whining about the rule would be screaming at what a great call it was. And you most certainly wouldn't be saying change the rule if they had ruled it a TD against us.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Don't get me started Runwild!

I'm in the UK and don't understand Americans failure to use the letter U or for that matter, use Z in place of S far too often.

P.s. I'm getting grumpy in my old age so just ignore me!

That's how you can tell somebody is new/a visitor to my area. They always call Boise Boy-zee. :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
Just a rule that we are unfamiliar with, because most toe taps the WR is leaning forward.

This was a rare toe tap, going backwards.

Personally, the NFL has made the catch rules unnecessarily complex.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just a rule that we are unfamiliar with, because most toe taps the WR is leaning forward.

This was a rare toe tap, going backwards.

Personally, the NFL has made the catch rules unnecessarily complex.
It's really not complex. Foot lands partially out - no good.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If a receiver gets any part of their 2nd foot in bounds, whether it be a toe or heel it should be a catch. They need to change the rule.

CWR

Reaction score
It's really not complex. Foot lands partially out - no good.

Unless leaning forward, when toe taps are ok. I see your point though because if you are leaning forward, the rear of your foot never comes down. You end up falling to your chest and arms first.