Stephen Jones on 105.3 right now

Mannix

Reaction score
For every ONE non bootlicking intelligent fan like 99% on here, there are FIVE brainwashed idiots like those boobs we saw at First Fake in Frisco 3-4 weeks ago...that was the cringiest and most embarrassing gathering of Cowboy fans that I've ever seen in my entire life.....seeing that made me lose ALL faith that anything could ever get bad enough to bring about change.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's nice to have context.
Such a endangered species.

But the very next question was the one in the OP. His answer was something about money for this player or that player, talk about salary cap this or that, but he never answered the question that was asked. There was no context in his answer, just a bunch of rambling that avoided the question he was asked.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But the very next question was the one in the OP. His answer was something about money for this player or that player, talk about salary cap this or that, but he never answered the question that was asked. There was no context in his answer, just a bunch of rambling that avoided the question he was asked.
I disagree, but I'm no better than you at trying to translate anything from them there Jones boys, lol.
You're probably right.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I disagree, but I'm no better than you at trying to translate anything from them there Jones boys, lol.
You're probably right.

Trust me - when I heard the question I turned the radio up a bit and listened intently for his response, hoping to hear something to rebuff the fans belief about his and Jerry's desire for money over winning. There was nothing but more garbage about salary cap. I'm really not concerned whether anyone believes me or not, but I'm not about to waste my time ranting about something if it didn't really happen.

I'm just saying that the quote from Twitter does make sense, I heard Stephen make that very comment. But the very next question - oh hell.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
Trust me - when I heard the question I turned the radio up a bit and listened intently for his response, hoping to hear something to rebuff the fans belief about his and Jerry's desire for money over winning. There was nothing but more garbage about salary cap. I'm really not concerned whether anyone believes me or not, but I'm not about to waste my time ranting about something if it didn't really happen.
I believe you. I really do.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I have a feeling this stubborn cap mentality that Stephen Jones has, isn't going to change no matter who the coach or the QB of the Cowboys is. He'll still try to convince Cowboys fans that his way of roster building is the right way, no matter how many times it fails to get this team back to the Super Bowl or even the Conference Championship game.

And we also know that all Jerry cares about is having the media talk about the Cowboys, which is what he uses to comfort himself when the Cowboys get eliminated from the playoffs, but still somehow is in the media conversation while the playoffs are still going on.
Talking about the Cowboys is one thing. Bashing Jerry is another. The media has to keep bashing him day and night.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
owners, presidents, vps all those upper management positions arent required to do interviews

but not ours.....they gotta give 84749283 a week
I was literally just thinking about this. Like every other organization ever has PR people for this kind of stuff. Not the Joneses.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 on my way home from work and Stephen Jones is on.

The host asked him to say what he thinks about fans who feel he is not interested in building a winning team as much as he is about making money. Stephen went on a 2 to 3 minute rant about how he manipulates the salary cap and tries to spend every dollar.

Dude never answered the question - for whatever reason he totally ignored it and went on a rant about the cap instead.

There you have it folks, if that isn't proof enough where Jerry and Stephen's priorities lie, I don't know what else to tell you. Stephen didn't have to admit it, but by totally avoiding answering the question that's exactly what he is doing.

To hell with them.
The Jones probably want a winner.
If nothing else winning teams generate more income and profits.
Problem is they don't know how.
They think they do, but they don't.
27 years is proof of that.
Jerry is very stubborn so he's not going to change his spots now.
Once Stephen's in charge he might.
That's our hope.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 on my way home from work and Stephen Jones is on.

The host asked him to say what he thinks about fans who feel he is not interested in building a winning team as much as he is about making money. Stephen went on a 2 to 3 minute rant about how he manipulates the salary cap and tries to spend every dollar.

Dude never answered the question - for whatever reason he totally ignored it and went on a rant about the cap instead.

There you have it folks, if that isn't proof enough where Jerry and Stephen's priorities lie, I don't know what else to tell you. Stephen didn't have to admit it, but by totally avoiding answering the question that's exactly what he is doing.

To hell with them.
Well the cap has nothing to do with how much money they make.
Not spending cap $ for 2022, isnt profit, it just rolls into the next year giving them more cap $ the next year.

If they spent the 20 mil they have extra right now, they would only have the new cap $ in 2023 to spend, and if they have players
they want to extend in 23 , then they have to save $ for that.

Not spending all of the cap in one year has no effect on their profits, as all that cap $ has to be spent on players at some point.
No cap $ can go back in their pockets.

So that is why he ranted about the cap.

Where they hurt the team is in what players they keep and what they pay them.
Examples are overpaying elliot, dak and some others.
And letting good players go because they dont want to pay them what the market value is.
So player managment is where they err.

They will extend lamb for big $ even though he is just ordinary wr. They may extend dak or elliot again lol.

The only star player they have worth extending right now is parsons, he is the type to keep and pay big, as he is a difference maker, but
the jones boys do that with average players who had only 1 good season.

They actually spend too much on these ordinary avg players, and then when they should get a high priced FA or 2 to make the team a contender
that year, they dont have the $ because it is tied up in guys like elliot, dak, lawrence, and soon lamb.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I hope that all the Band waggon fans that jump ship and do not buy merch causes the jones to reduce to price of Merch to the rest of the fans. Really Only place to hit them is with NO one showing up to the game and boycotting buying there merch. only way to hit them in the mouth really. you can talk all you want. but if you really want to stick it to them boycott the next 2 home games. have the stands be filled with only apposing fans and thats it.
not going to games is the only way to hurt them, because that would embarrass them and cut down on concession $.
Keep in mind the seats are all sold even if no one is in them, so even a empty stadium would not hurt them $ wise, but it would make them mad
and be embarrassing.

That is why nfl is such a moneymaker, the seats are always sold out, due to PSL's.
The concessions and merchandise is much smaller amount, and is just gravy for the owners. PSL's are the meat of what they make.

Thats why they want more home games, that is where owners make the bulk of their money.
The tv contracts just pay for the cap/players. Which means the home games are almost pure profit.

Toro9

Reaction score
Well, this is a team we believe in. And some other bs

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Someone should ask Jerry/Stephen point blank....do you think you've assembled the best roster in the NFL ? If not ...get off your butt and make some trades or position yourself to get some higher draft picks. It just seems like everything they do has ZERO sense of urgency. As if no one else is also trying to make themselves better.
Who's gonna fire em?

Flamma

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but there are better ways to answer this without ignoring it.

"I understand the fans frustration, but our priority as General Manager and President is to build the best possible roster capable of competing at the highest level. We have always been committed to winning and will continue to do so".

Totally ignoring the question leads to posts like this and more anger from the fans when it could easily be avoided.

And yes, I was also shocked when I heard the question. 105.3 is the flagship radio station here in DFW, and the hosts know to avoid questions like this because Jerry has a short fuse and won't hesitate to rip up their contract. Was it a fan question? I don't know, I probably started listening half way through the interview.

I'm actually glad he didn't outright lie and say what you suggested. Because that's clearly not what they're doing.

Corso

Reaction score
Well the cap has nothing to do with how much money they make.
Not spending cap $ for 2022, isnt profit, it just rolls into the next year giving them more cap $ the next year.

If they spent the 20 mil they have extra right now, they would only have the new cap $ in 2023 to spend, and if they have players
they want to extend in 23 , then they have to save $ for that.

Not spending all of the cap in one year has no effect on their profits, as all that cap $ has to be spent on players at some point.
No cap $ can go back in their pockets.

So that is why he ranted about the cap.

Where they hurt the team is in what players they keep and what they pay them.
Examples are overpaying elliot, dak and some others.
And letting good players go because they dont want to pay them what the market value is.
So player managment is where they err.

They will extend lamb for big $ even though he is just ordinary wr. They may extend dak or elliot again lol.

The only star player they have worth extending right now is parsons, he is the type to keep and pay big, as he is a difference maker, but
the jones boys do that with average players who had only 1 good season.

They actually spend too much on these ordinary avg players, and then when they should get a high priced FA or 2 to make the team a contender
that year, they dont have the $ because it is tied up in guys like elliot, dak, lawrence, and soon lamb.
This is a great post.
I know it's going to sink into the quicksand of the forum, but darnit... I hope that many here read this and understand what is happening.