Stephen Jones on 105.3 right now

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 on my way home from work and Stephen Jones is on.

The host asked him to say what he thinks about fans who feel he is not interested in building a winning team as much as he is about making money. Stephen went on a 2 to 3 minute rant about how he manipulates the salary cap and tries to spend every dollar.

Dude never answered the question - for whatever reason he totally ignored it and went on a rant about the cap instead.

There you have it folks, if that isn't proof enough where Jerry and Stephen's priorities lie, I don't know what else to tell you. Stephen didn't have to admit it, but by totally avoiding answering the question that's exactly what he is doing.

To hell with them.

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
owners, presidents, vps all those upper management positions arent required to do interviews

but not ours.....they gotta give 84749283 a week

acr731

Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry spin away from every tough question that people throw at them.

This isn't anything new, and I'm glad Wolchuk had the stones to ask him that.

I understand what you are saying, but there are better ways to answer this without ignoring it.

"I understand the fans frustration, but our priority as General Manager and President is to build the best possible roster capable of competing at the highest level. We have always been committed to winning and will continue to do so".

Totally ignoring the question leads to posts like this and more anger from the fans when it could easily be avoided.

And yes, I was also shocked when I heard the question. 105.3 is the flagship radio station here in DFW, and the hosts know to avoid questions like this because Jerry has a short fuse and won't hesitate to rip up their contract. Was it a fan question? I don't know, I probably started listening half way through the interview.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
People are starting to see the Joneses for who they are. Jerry and Stephen could care less about winning. At least on the field. I mean what do you think Jerry and Stephen would be doing now if the Cowboys were worth only 1 billion versus 8??? You'd see action. Not chatter. These two are just pimping the fans out of every dollar they can get from us. Then giving us a fake story on how hard they are trying to win. They are the kids with the money. We "fans" are the suckers who keep making it possible for them to have it.

Last edited:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand what you are saying, but there are better ways to answer this without ignoring it.
"I understand the fans frustration, but our priority as General Manager and President is to build the best possible roster capable of competing at the highest level. We have always been committed to winning and will continue to do so".

Totally ignoring the question leads to posts like this and more anger from the fans when it could easily be avoided.
You're hired!! :p

acr731

Reaction score
People are starting to see the Joneses for who they are. Jerry could care less about winning. At least on the field. I mean what do you think Jerry would be doing now if the Cowboys were worth only 1 billion versus 8??? You'd see action. Not chatter.

No, I have felt this way for years. This is the first time I can think of that either Stephen or Jerry has provided evidence to support our beliefs.

Bagman

Reaction score
Someone should ask Jerry/Stephen point blank....do you think you've assembled the best roster in the NFL ? If not ...get off your butt and make some trades or position yourself to get some higher draft picks. It just seems like everything they do has ZERO sense of urgency. As if no one else is also trying to make themselves better.

Carson

Reaction score
Whats funny is Stephen also told the host that every dollar afforded to the cap has been spent, which I think is a lie. Don't they have about 20 million in space right now that isn't being used?
They had nearly $23 million prior to signing Peters

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 on my way home from work and Stephen Jones is on.

The host asked him to say what he thinks about fans who feel he is not interested in building a winning team as much as he is about making money. Stephen went on a 2 to 3 minute rant about how he manipulates the salary cap and tries to spend every dollar.

Dude never answered the question - for whatever reason he totally ignored it and went on a rant about the cap instead.

There you have it folks, if that isn't proof enough where Jerry and Stephen's priorities lie, I don't know what else to tell you. Stephen didn't have to admit it, but by totally avoiding answering the question that's exactly what he is doing.

To hell with them.
I hope that all the Band waggon fans that jump ship and do not buy merch causes the jones to reduce to price of Merch to the rest of the fans. Really Only place to hit them is with NO one showing up to the game and boycotting buying there merch. only way to hit them in the mouth really. you can talk all you want. but if you really want to stick it to them boycott the next 2 home games. have the stands be filled with only apposing fans and thats it.