Twitter: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan - 10/7/19

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The best better be to come. I don't think 10-6 gets you in the playoffs in the NFC this year...I just did a scenario where Dallas goes 11-5 and they miss the playoffs. They really need to steal a big game on the road.

11-5:laugh:

This team is only go to lose 3 more games the rest of the season?

at Patriots, at Bears, and at Eagles are 3 losses right there. You telling me they are beating everybody else on the schedule?

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
11-5:laugh:

This team is only go to lose 3 more games the rest of the season?

at Patriots, at Bears, and at Eagles are 3 losses right there. You telling me they are beating everybody else on the schedule?
Two weeks ago we were going 16-0. Now we are going 3-13. You can't get too high but you can't get too low. To me, this is the same team as last year. Division winner, maybe wins a playoff game and thats it. Still not good enough.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Too bad we dont live in that alternative time line...…………..we live in the timeline where we trailed 31-3

That's reality.
Ok which means why have a message board? Why discuss things if what’s happened has happened and what’s gonna happen will happen. Your response is pointless

Brax

Reaction score
Maybe, but it's all just "owner-speak" anymore. Is anyone really listening to what Jerry or Stephen say anymore? They have lost all credibility. When Jerry talks about Dak reminding him of Tom Brady, it makes my ears bleed. The Stephen era will be the same guys. Only difference is that Stephen will put the same crap on the field for less money. If the Jones' haven't learned in 23+ years that you need REAL football people to run your team, they never will. They back up the money truck to the players, who then don't produce, but they save money by not hiring a real GM...Makes sense, right?
wait a minute I thought Jerry was a football genius........................................23 years and counting

eromeopolk

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
  • COO Stephen Jones says the fans have every right to be disappointed with how they played yesterday.
  • "We got a lot of confidence that we have a really good football team here, we just have to clean some things up,"
  • "We're very fortunate to have Dak. We're going to win a lot of games with him. We just had some unfortunate things happen (in yesterday's loss)."
  • Stephen Jones says they aren't considering making any moves on special teams in regards to punter Chris Jones and kicker Brett Maher.
  • Is Garrett on the hot-seat? "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," Stephen Jones.
  • Stephen Jones to the fans who are upset: "Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come."
See my post "Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Reactionary is opposition to reform, mindless defense of the status quo.

Garrett has been here for nine years. He is the status quo. If your reaction to everything is “Garrett must be protected,” you’re the one being reactionary.
Scipio--- i have been wanting Garrett gone for years...i do like how the team will play for him..but often the scheme and game plan against opponents and the lack of team preparation leads to needless losses...this has to change

TheHerd

Reaction score
31-3 against a team they should've at least given an okay game to says real ugly to me. Can't put lipstick on this pig anymore.
You haven't been watching very long, have you? The pig has been wearing lipstick for about 18 years. I'll give you the few years after the last Super Bowl!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Who should they sign then? These kind of posts are just ignorant. Who would you bring in? You just want to cut someone just to cut someone. It’s easy to run your mouth and point out the problem and offer no solution. This board is full of that bull ****.

I’m not defending Maher. But i’m not going to spout off at the mouth and complain just to be like every other sheep on the board.
There was a long thread about a kicker from Maher's neck of the woods with much better results then Maher. Why not give him a shot? Could it honestly be worse?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Think I’ll go throw up now...and it was such a nice day too. We’re gonna crash people...I know it. They have to learn a LA game exit one more time This is like watching a heroine addict in the full blown stage of denial that he has a problem. I’m now moving the meter to defcon 2.

X550i

Reaction score
Pathetic interview. Idk why Stephen Jones is sitting in on staff meetings. :facepalm:

"Jason Garrett had the team playing hard yesterday, that game could have gotten ugly." :facepalm:

He’s the VP of Player Personnel, what a joke.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
  • COO Stephen Jones says the fans have every right to be disappointed with how they played yesterday.
  • "We got a lot of confidence that we have a really good football team here, we just have to clean some things up,"
  • "We're very fortunate to have Dak. We're going to win a lot of games with him. We just had some unfortunate things happen (in yesterday's loss)."
  • Stephen Jones says they aren't considering making any moves on special teams in regards to punter Chris Jones and kicker Brett Maher.
  • Is Garrett on the hot-seat? "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," Stephen Jones.
  • Stephen Jones to the fans who are upset: "Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come."
sounds like damage control to me.
clean some things up :facepalm:
We just had some unfortunate things happen :facepalm:
Me and My dad are the smartest men in the world, so we will figure out this football stuff eventually :lmao: It may take another decade or two but
we are gonna get it done! And yes we will continue to meddle and be innovative like having a passing game coordinator call the defensive plays!:clap:
We are very good at meddling , we have decades of experience, and we are quite good at it, and we love doing it!:flagwave:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You know. After a loss like THAT, for that *bleep* to issue those statements is just stunning.

After almost a quarter of a century, you would think this franchise would have been able to put together a team capable of winning an NFC Championship just by random chance.

We'd do better with monkeys throwing darts.

I've been saying for a decade now....I'd do a better job. I'm sure I could do better than a monkey. @ least I got them to sign up Kellen.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
https://i.*******/dn4i99hetv5z.jpg

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
- Is Garrett on the hot-seat?
- "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," - Stephen Jones.

giphy.gif