Twitter: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan - 10/7/19

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Playing hard isn't enough, this game is about execution, something his teams have lacked from day one.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Scipio--i agree...9 years of observing his coaching is not reactionary

Reactionary is opposition to reform, mindless defense of the status quo.

Garrett has been here for nine years. He is the status quo. If your reaction to everything is “Garrett must be protected,” you’re the one being reactionary.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Talk is cheap Stephen. Back it up or make changes at the end of the year. We are tired of flat teams losing games that they really shouldn't. The problem with this team isn't that it doesn't have enough talent.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Don't you guys know that he read off the script that was originally written 20 years ago...no need to change the wording or pay someone to rewrite history

JMPearson

Reaction score
Stephen is the worse thing that as happened to the Boys at least Jerry played the game at high level and proved that he wins the game by winning three SUper Bowls. Stephen is just a fooll

Mannix

Reaction score
-------"Clean some things up"

You sure you weren't listening to a Kirk Ferentz Post Game interview???

BTW, anyone else think that Stephen is starting to look older than Jerry?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
  • COO Stephen Jones says the fans have every right to be disappointed with how they played yesterday.
  • "We got a lot of confidence that we have a really good football team here, we just have to clean some things up,"
  • "We're very fortunate to have Dak. We're going to win a lot of games with him. We just had some unfortunate things happen (in yesterday's loss)."
  • Stephen Jones says they aren't considering making any moves on special teams in regards to punter Chris Jones and kicker Brett Maher.
  • Is Garrett on the hot-seat? "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," Stephen Jones.
  • Stephen Jones to the fans who are upset: "Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come."

Not as great at the happy talk as dear old dad, but he's trying.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Stephen, who is going to correct these things?

Just curious. Because it's largely the same coaches each year and every year they have to "correct" things and often times they don't get corrected.

Who is going to correct the coaches? That's were it needs to start...Something strange is going on...on the defensive side of the football....and it's not working.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
  • COO Stephen Jones says the fans have every right to be disappointed with how they played yesterday.
  • "We got a lot of confidence that we have a really good football team here, we just have to clean some things up,"
  • "We're very fortunate to have Dak. We're going to win a lot of games with him. We just had some unfortunate things happen (in yesterday's loss)."
  • Stephen Jones says they aren't considering making any moves on special teams in regards to punter Chris Jones and kicker Brett Maher.
  • Is Garrett on the hot-seat? "Absolutely not. He's done a great job with this team. He had the guys playing hard when it could have gotten really ugly," Stephen Jones.
  • Stephen Jones to the fans who are upset: "Just hang in there with us. I really believe we're going to correct these things to be really more consistent. I feel like the best is yet to come."
The best better be to come. I don't think 10-6 gets you in the playoffs in the NFC this year...I just did a scenario where Dallas goes 11-5 and they miss the playoffs. They really need to steal a big game on the road.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Patented Garrett. He's gonna do just enough with a very talented roster to save his job and they'll still fail to get over the hump.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN
Stephen is just as dumb as his daddy, I told all of you guys this when yall said things would be so much better when Jr. took over.....yeah, right.

No Stephen, you dont have a "really good team", you have an average team that beats the scrubs and loses to anybody .500 or better. That is what your record says and I seem to recall a HOF head coach once saying that "you are what your record says you are".

And one more thing Stevie, your head coach is a freaking joke. Nobody respects him, not even the refs. Dont you think its kinda funny that we have switched out coordinators and assistant coaches about a million times already and the team still cant win jack? Gee, I wonder what the one common denominator is, oh yeah, its the doofus in my avatar facepalming himself.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Titans are actually better coached.

The Titans missed some FGs yesterday in their loss to the Bills...…………...today they released their sorry arse kicker.

Titans may suck, but at least they try to win...………..unlike Dallas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who should they sign then? These kind of posts are just ignorant. Who would you bring in? You just want to cut someone just to cut someone. It’s easy to run your mouth and point out the problem and offer no solution. This board is full of that bull ****.

I’m not defending Maher. But i’m not going to spout off at the mouth and complain just to be like every other sheep on the board.

Apparently the Titians dont think missing multiple kicks in a game is acceptable...…………they just released their kicker.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I've said many times on here that this team needs to play EVERY GAME like it's a playoff elimination game if you lose. Even if we make the playoffs this year, we'll be playing in GB or NO now that we lost both tiebreakers.

Of course we could play in Seattle or LA. Good times!!!! Not like home field does anything for us anyway...

This team aint winning no road playoff games...……..in fact, last road playoff win...………….1992 Candlestick Park against the 49ers.

27 years ago:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Was this taken from yesterday's game?

If so, I have nothing but respect for them. I have stated it for years. Positioning a negative image in front of cameras is the first step of remotely getting Jerry Jones' attention. And possibly, in some measureable way, motivating him into doing something atypical of him running the team.

Embarrassment.……………..that is how to get Jerry to change his ways and do things like hire a real head coach, hire a real GM, etc.....

I was laughing my arse off when the score was 31-3 and the team was getting flat out embarrassed in front of George Bush, Ellen DeGeneres, Rupurt Murdock, and Jerry's other celebrity friends.

Embarrass Jerry infront of his friends, that is the one thing Jerry cant stand.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cowboy fans we’re thinking Super Bowl after 3-0 and now are joining a Lynch Mob after 3-2. I’m not sure why I even bother coming on this fan forum any longer. Lol

To chat with other fans about the team?

Isnt that kinda the entire purpose of a fan forum?

If you dont enjoy it, why do you come here day after day?