Audio: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan

starfan1

Reaction score
Noah Brown must be the greatest wide receiver of all time.

Dallas praises and rewards this guy like nobody else, despite playing about 5 minutes the past five years.

ya my biggest Noah Brown memory was the crucial drop in the end zone in 2018 i think it was. Otherwise the guy is just a name. Great special teamer good blocker I'm told but none of that seems to get him any additional playing time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dallas praises and rewards this guy like nobody else, despite playing about 5 minutes the past five years.

or more likely they know a lot more of what is going on than many arm chair self proclaimed experts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

It's because Zeke fully endorsed his old college teammate.

817Gill

Reaction score

Looks completely different this year (down to 215 from 225-230) and if you see him out there he actually looks like a WR and not a TE.

I’m no Noah Brown fan but the way he was pigeon-holed in by the prior staff was probably the biggest negative about him. McCarthy said he’s made plays every day and I trust what they see at this point much more than what last staff saw.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks completely different this year (down to 215 from 225-230) and if you see him out there he actually looks like a WR and not a TE.

I’m no Noah Brown fan but the way he was pigeon-holed in by the prior staff was probably the biggest negative about him. McCarthy said he’s made plays every day and I trust what they see at this point much more than what last staff saw.
I think we need to throw out all of our past assumptions until we see the players play several games under a new coaching staff.

I have no opinion on Brown or any other player at this point, but I have a feeling we are going to be surprised by how well some players look with a new coaching system and staff in place compared to how they looked in previous years.

McCarthy has said many times he makes the system fit the player where as Garrett used the square-peg-in-a-round-hole system approach.

jrumann59

Reaction score
What is it with that family and "uh" "uh" "uh" "uh" "uh".... it seems so uhh.. stupid to me. I guess it just rubs off from Jerry.
Or it is just the way people talk even the younger reporters and public speakers have had this sneak into their form.

fivetwos

Reaction score

They need to save up for the Crawford style extension.

The need to be right hasnt fully left the upper parts of the building.

That said it doesnt shock me that they want to trust a vet over a guy like Parker this season. Makes full sense.

Guess they both clearly beat our D Smith, and that's ok.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What is it with that family and "uh" "uh" "uh" "uh" "uh".... it seems so uhh.. stupid to me. I guess it just rubs off from Jerry.
Not sure with the kid, but I think Jerry wants the audience to know he isnt dead.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
There's more to being a receiver than just running routes, especially when you're the fifth or sixth receiver on the depth chart. Brown has size for goal line situations, receiving or blocking, can line up in numeorus position, and plays special teams.....that is valuable when your on the depth chart and why he makes the team..

visionary

Reaction score

Maybe he’s the Jason Garrett of WRs?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I’m fine with Woods playing one safety spot.

And if HaHa looked like his past self, I’d be happy with that. But if Thompson is starting, that’s a definite weak link in our defense that could be easily upgraded by any of Earl Thomas, Eric Reid or Tony Jefferson.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Noah Brown is a Perennial All Pro.....in practice lol

Seriously, you have to give the guy some credit because he is making a career out of his efforts on ST's. That is the most you can ask for from a 7th round pick. If you get more than that you as an organization should consider yourself lucky

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He must be a great WR because he cause 5 passes last year only playing 1-2 minutes!!!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This just confirms what the media has been saying about Wilson/Brown. I bet if they decide to keep 6, Bryant is the next in line if he is healthy.