Audio: Stephen Jones on 105.3 The Fan

cowboyed

Reaction score
What is it with that family and "uh" "uh" "uh" "uh" "uh".... it seems so uhh.. stupid to me. I guess it just rubs off from Jerry.

Just be thankful that Stephen or Jerry are not yodeling their communications.

cern

Reaction score
Good stuff here! Obviously McCarthy and the FO is convinced he's a new man. Happy for the kid. He's come a long way lately!
Great catch by noah, but coverage was tight and diggs actually looked back for the ball. Pass was perfectly thrown.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Noah Brown must be the greatest wide receiver of all time.

Dallas praises and rewards this guy like nobody else, despite playing about 5 minutes the past five years.
Noah Brown joins the roster of the Cowboys famous bigger hype jobs. These are players who haven’t done anything but somehow get to stick around several yrs- joining the likes of Danny McCrae, Kevin Ogletree, Jameil Showers, and “The Amazing” Rico Gathers, Lol.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Wow so much analysis, reanalysis, and over analysis for the 5th WR spot. Yikes!

817Gill

Reaction score
I dont think they will. There is no one beyond the 5th spot to really develop that wont make the PS.

Guys like Smith and Bryant can brought back in off the street if there is an injury. And if not, there are plenty of Smith's and Bryants out there. Id rather keep a Westry than a Smith or Bryant
Aaron Parker will likely make the PS along with Jonvea Johnson

stiletto

Reaction score
Just be thankful that Stephen or Jerry are not yodeling their communications.

tumblr_nix3wc6uI71tsskpyo2_1280.png

bigE79

Reaction score
Why all the Noah Brown hate... he's a 7th rounder on his 4th year who has been injury-riddled. I understand hating on a guy like Tavon Austin who had a bigger contract when here, or Allen Hurns, Deonte Thompson. But Noah Brown!? Sheesh.
Who "hates" him?..is that the thing now,if someone thinks a player is average or below average,you automatically call it hate? No one hates him... Hate is a strong word, use it wisely.

Valkyr

Reaction score
How did Stephen Jones get involved in our lives? I don't recall agreeing to that.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I dont think they will. There is no one beyond the 5th spot to really develop that wont make the PS.

Guys like Smith and Bryant can brought back in off the street if there is an injury. And if not, there are plenty of Smith's and Bryants out there. Id rather keep a Westry than a Smith or Bryant

It really comes down to if they need another quality special teamer. Odds are, barring major injury, a #6 WR will not see any reps within the offense. Same can be said about rostering another CB.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Does anybody think Jon'Vea Johnson is a young talent worth giving a little time to develop?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Noah Brown must be the greatest wide receiver of all time.

Dallas praises and rewards this guy like nobody else, despite playing about 5 minutes the past five years.
4th and 5th players on the depth chart better be able to play special teams...and noah is really good on special team.

how many chances do you expect a 5th and 6th WR to get on the team? and if they do, it speaks more to lack of talent at the top or injuries.....at that point, if you have to rely on your 5th WR, then you are in deep doodoo anyways.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There's more to being a receiver than just running routes, especially when you're the fifth or sixth receiver on the depth chart. Brown has size for goal line situations, receiving or blocking, can line up in numeorus position, and plays special teams.....that is valuable when your on the depth chart and why he makes the team..
I think the key is special teams......the 5th and 6th players on the depth chart better be good at special teams....you can't have talent 5 or 6 deep at WR, not sure what people are thinking....how much playing time any 5th or 6th player on the depth chart gets or gotten over the past few years, here in Dallas or anywhere else....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Does anybody think Jon'Vea Johnson is a young talent worth giving a little time to develop?
PS player. has size, speed, but not an NFL WR yet. his hands are iffy. one more year on PS and lets see if he can learn special teams....that would be his first ticket into the league.

cern

Reaction score
never discount the possibility of injuries. depth is crucial to success.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Who "hates" him?..is that the thing now,if someone thinks a player is average or below average,you automatically call it hate? No one hates him... Hate is a strong word, use it wisely.
You're right. Its okay for the 4th and 5th WR to be average and even below average.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
still not NFL ready and PS player for now, and needs to learn to be a special teams demon.
I understand. I was being disingenuous with my original question. Johnson does need to more seasoning if he's to become an NFL caliber player. My point was that Johnson is at the stage where he could conceivably improve and grow - and that bodes well for a player like Brown who is ahead of Johnson and also isn't doing maturing as a talent.