Twitter: Stephen Jones on bye week plan

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ole soft taco is looking like a gem in the poop stream about now. Who in their right mind simply lets a # 1 walk, if anything they could have show cased him a few weeks and tried to do something like this Willie.. but NOOO let's just kick him to the curb. Go figure.

Is he?

I just just watched all of this 1st half snaps from this weeks game. I didn't see anything that was much different.

Here is his "sack". He is #96.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is he?

I just just watched all of this 1st half snaps from this weeks game. I didn't see anything that was much different.

I do love that some just look at the numbers instead of what each player is actually doing down to down. A DE with no sacks may be having a bigger impact because extra blocking is devoting to him or he's causing the QB to pull the ball down or try to escape the pocket than one who ends up getting credited for a sack caused by others.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Good Lord, people. He's giving generic answers to generic questions. Stop looking so deeply.

I enjoy laughing at there responses though! Please people, continue reading way to much into stupid ****! It makes this place so much more comical.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Is he?

lol. Taco was in pass coverage while the other 3 defensive lineman and a LBer were applying the heat to the QB. He basically came off the coverage and got a garbage sack. Basically tackled a QB who was about to start running.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought we might consider him and toss out the DT we recently signed.
@SeanLee50

McClain was on the street earlier this season. KC signed him and he played in 2 games before they released him.

He was oft injured when he was with the Cowboys.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
his answer is on talent acquisition it sounds like, not preparation.
That’s what I thought. Idk how can think the other way on this. Seems they’ll evaluate who’s out there and can possibly help us going forward. Who’s on the block that can take us to the next level like coop did last year ?

stiletto

Reaction score
They need to upgrade Heath before the trade deadline if a team is willing.

gimmesix

Reaction score
@SeanLee50

McClain was on the street earlier this season. KC signed him and he played in 2 games before they released him.

He was oft injured when he was with the Cowboys.

He played well, though, for us when he wasn't injured, proving to be a pretty good fit for this defense. The DT we just signed, Hamilton, has played in eight games in the last three seasons and was also tossed out on the street. McClain at least played in 13 games in 2018 and had five starts.

Techsass

Reaction score
Good Lord, people. He's giving generic answers to generic questions. Stop looking so deeply.
We know that. Even us slow pokes have figured it out after years of hearing the same basic answers to various questions year after year.
We just like to have a little clean fun with it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He played well, though, for us when he wasn't injured, proving to be a pretty good fit for this defense. The DT we just signed, Hamilton, has played in eight games in the last three seasons and was also tossed out on the street. McClain at least played in 13 games in 2018 and had five starts.
Agree. He was good with the Cowboys when healthy.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Steve, what are your plans for the bye? Well, Dad's already passed out on the floor.....so it's kind of up in the air.:thumbup:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Agree. He was good with the Cowboys when healthy.

I will say that I do not know if he is healthy now. I'd probably bring him in for a look, though, and give him Hamilton's spot if he is healthy. He was solid against the run when he was here while also being able to pressure the passer some. We were able to use him both at 3-tech and 1-tech.

Techsass

Reaction score
I will say that I do not know if he is healthy now. I'd probably bring him in for a look, though, and give him Hamilton's spot if he is healthy. He was solid against the run when he was here while also being able to pressure the passer some. We were able to use him both at 3-tech and 1-tech.
He probably isn't close to what he was, but what would it hurt to find out?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Improve coaching.

Stop coaching the team with EGO and thinking we're the big bad Cowboys and we will just be one dimensional on both sides of the ball.