Twitter: Stephen Jones on bye week plan

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Don't like his answer at all......this team needs to find a play with the same intensity EVERY week. Beating the Eagles last night won't mean dilly do if we lose to the Giants after the bye.

He means they aren’t going to be making big moves,but they are looking at what’s out there...it’s not a bad answer. I’m pretty sure they will sign someone to help at depth.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Honestly our bye week couldn't have came a better time.

With the trade deadline coming up it makes sure that our FO is fully invested and leaving no stone unturned. We had what, six?, starters that were questionable for last night's game and gives them two weeks to get fully healthy. And to top it all off it gives us an extra week to prepare for our seven week slate of Vikes, @ Lions, @ Pat's, Bills, @ Bears, Rams, and @ Eagles.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't like his answer at all......this team needs to find a play with the same intensity EVERY week. Beating the Eagles last night won't mean dilly do if we lose to the Giants after the bye.

I don't think what he said was meant to be the entire plan for the off week, but rather just something they plan to do. Plus it appears he was talking about possible transactions, not what will be going on in practice and in the locker room.

rags747

Reaction score
If any of us are expecting a Jones family member to sound like anything other than very comfortable, it will be a long wait. They all always sound like people who know they will have millions rolling in despite the results.

It’s a great gig. In fact I recommend it if your Daddy can buy it for you.
Jealousy will get you absolutely no where...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beating the Eagles last night won't mean dilly do if we lose to the Giants after the bye.
that-is-not-going-to-happen.gif

Carson

Reaction score
Vic Beasley for a 5th? Too pricey. 12.8 cap hit this year, going to have to resign him next year. He’s been beyond terrible in their scheme. He will likely do better elsewhere

A difference maker at DT? I see us picking up Terrell McClain. He had his best years here and was going to sign a few years back before picking Atlanta

A safety? Would like to see what Wilson can do

Would love an upgrade for all three! Just my two cents

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Good Lord, people. He's giving generic answers to generic questions. Stop looking so deeply.
Some of us are just not very good at reading the tea leaves.

Most of my days are spent wondering, what am I missing?
How can I gain perspective without questioning the simplicity in life? Can it really be that simple?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I do love that some just look at the numbers instead of what each player is actually doing down to down. A DE with no sacks may be having a bigger impact because extra blocking is devoting to him or he's causing the QB to pull the ball down or try to escape the pocket than one who ends up getting credited for a sack caused by others.
Are you surprised that the vast majority just use numbers in this new era? Many think just because they regurgitate some stats from some known stats guy off Twitter they’re smart.