Video: Stephen Jones on Dez!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WR with Dak and Garrett calling plays is just not worth 16 million dollars.

I don't care if we had Julio Jones or Antonio Brown. We would not get our moneys worth with Garrett's pass scheme and Dak not comfortable throwing to Receivers out wide.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funniest thing about this interview is that Stephen himself admits that Dez produced with Romo and not with Dak.

What he fails to mention also is:

Dak sucked in respect to all his WRs. Beasley target-catch ration was probably his worst ever. So was that a chemistry issue?

Stephen sounds like Garrett to me.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
When the entire receiving group has a down year you have to look at th e common factors...

I will LMAO if they let Dez go and he goes to another team with a QB accurate beyond 10yds down field and a coach with even just a little bit of creativity because he will return to form.

khiladi

Reaction score
What positions is that? Separation from the defender? That's on Dez.

Separation has never been Dez’s Forte. Ninety percent of this forum used to be like, you just need to throw it up to Dez. Even if he looks like he’s covered, he’s not.

Now that they got to defend Dak’s horrible play, they say things like Dez doesn’t get separation.

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s hard for any WR to stay mentally focused when your running all day to get open, but your QB is scared to throw into NFL windows.

And when he does happen to throw 1 accurate pass out of 20, often times your so confused that it even got to you so you drop it..

It’s like anybody that plays with Westbrook.. the whole offense is catered to him, so guys like Oladipo were inconsistent offensively at establishing any rhythm.. except Westbrook plays at a frenetic pace while Dak plays at a slow pace..

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Surprisingly candid when he didn't have to be...Sounds like they're evaluating whether they juice is worth the squeeze, notably stopping short of saying Dez's position is safe. Would love to see the entire interview.
Just a public negotiating parry, that is all.

They are not getting rid of him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Separation has never been Dez’s Forte. Ninety percent of this forum used to be like, you just need to throw it up to Dez. Even if he looks like he’s covered, he’s not.

Now that got to defend Dak’s horrible play, they say things like Dez doesn’t get separation.

Well that's been true though. Dez can go up and get the football like no other. With a defender attached to his hip. He just doesn't have a QB who can put it there consistently.

Romo was the smart bomb. Surgically precise.

Prescott is the scud missile. You fire it out of the trunk of your car and then go home to turn on CNN to see where it landed.

I want to replace Dez Bryant immediately but make no mistake about it, his QB makes him less effective.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak had 28 TD's this year, 29 last year. He'll have 35 next year or more. Book it. If one guy can get open more than 2 yards from the line of scrimmage his life would be a lot easier. Every week, I see receivers running wide open for other teams. Can't be every receiver, it is the scheme. Dak could not redesign the offense on the fly in the huddle like Romo did just yet. Let's get a coach, so he won't have to. Even with this vanilla offense, if they get a real deep threat, so the Defenses have to defend more than 15 yards, Dak, Zeke and this offense will be fine. That's a big IF however, since they do not like receivers that run better than 4.6.