Video: Stephen Jones on Dez!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Those plays you posted had nothing to do with the play I was posting about. Do you see a WR screen in those videos you posted? You probably don't even know what that is. I suggest you take football 101 class before making a stupid posts.

You: "DeZ dusnt' catch paSses high. lOw or too the side anemore"

Me: [posts video of Dez catching those types of passes in 2017]

You: "DEz dus'nt rUn thru tacklez aNemore. He gets tackled by duh Furst guy!"

Me: [posts video of Dez taking a short pass, juking Patrick Peterson out of his jock, and then trucking 3 defenders into the end zone]

You: "Heeeee-haaaw....heee-haaaaw! BuH, thatZ not whut I'm tawkin about!"

Zman5

Reaction score

Me: [posts video of Dez taking a short pass, juking Patrick Peterson out of his jock, and then trucking 3 defenders into the end zone]

Me: "Dez used to catch EVERYTHING thrown at him. Even the type of passes he dropped this year. Dez is not the same player he was pre-2015."

You: "Dez still catches EVERYTHING thrown at him. He is still a top 3 WR."

Me: [post video of Dez getting shutdown by Eagles DBs and not making plays he used to with his eyes closed.]

You: "I'm a blind Dez fanboi and I still think Dez is great as he was in 2014. Duh. I have no clue what WR screen is because I'm just a fanboi and don't know anything about football."

khiladi

Reaction score
Doubtful Romo had much say in the offense, being a starter for 10 games or whatever it was in 2006. As Tony grew into the position, he was able to really decide what routes he liked vs those he didn't. I find it hard to believe that the owner came out said "romo friendly" offense and Tony was on the table pounding for exotic routes and over the middle throws and the coaches were like "Nah, we good bro". Everyone that hates JG, claims that Tony ran the offense, was calling the plays, was designing the plays but then they want to blame JG for the lack of slants and crossers. That makes a lot of sense.

In 2006 they were running an Erhardt-Perkins, in 2007 with Garrett the passing game went Coryell.

Tony Romo only started having influence in 2013 when he had the contract and it was forced from above. But even then Garrett was interfering with Callahan and Jerry finally relegated Jason to the sidelines in 2014, but getting Linehan because they didn’t want to completely change the offense they were running for years because of Garrett.

Romo wasn’t in game planning nor had any influence in play-calling until that time.

This was all confirmed by guys like Jerry, Wilson and even Garrett himself, who had no choice but to affirm it openly as making sense that the QB needs to like the plays he’s being called. Wilson himself said that Romo was now going to get to implement his concepts with this change.

What happened in 2014 when Garrett was relegated to just clap? We actually never abandoned the run, Romo threw for 34 TDs and 9 INTs only, while throwing the second least amount of attempts. It was a brilliant display of highly/efficient QB play.

So yes, Romo was calling the plays in 2014 with Linehan, while prior to this when Garrett was running the plays, by the second half Dallas had to primarily go hurry-up and up-tempo because Garrett’s game-plans and playcalling couldn’t do squat.

So these statements Butler correlate exactly with this timeframe. Butler came in 2014 when Romo started taking real control.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Me: "Dez used to catch EVERYTHING thrown at him. Even the type of passes he dropped this year. Dez is not the same player he was pre-2015."

Me: [post video of Dez getting shutdown by Eagles DBs and not making plays he used to with his eyes closed.]

You: "I'm a blind Dez fanboi and I still think Dez is great as he was in 2014. Duh. I have no clue what WR screen is because I'm just a fanboi and don't know anything about football."
:lmao: good stuff,guys!:lmao:

(From a former fellow connoisseur of the fine arts illustrated,,,o_O)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

The irony in this is that it's you that put Dez on some unrealistic pedestal "Dez used to catch EVERYTHING thrown at him."

But I'm guessing you understand irony to be a word used to describe the taste of a multi-vitamin.

Zman5

Reaction score
The irony in this is that it's you that put Dez on some unrealistic pedestal "Dez used to catch EVERYTHING thrown at him."

But I'm guessing you understand irony to be a word used to describe the taste of a multi-vitamin.

Sorry for being realistic. As I said, I still like Dez and defend him but anyone with a half a brain could see Dez is not the same player he used to be pre-2015. Only a giddy fanboi like you would think otherwise.