Stephen Jones on Gilmore

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So they will see after the draft if they can’t get a CB.
Stephen is as subtle as a sledgehammer. Anytime Stevie starts talking cap and “only so much pie”….Gilmore won’t be back.
He's also coming off an injury and isn't getting any younger. Not much of a market for a player like that. Be nice to get him on the cheap.

ICP

Reaction score
I honestly don't think we see anymore FA signings unless they are scraped from the very bottom of the barrell

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's also coming off an injury and isn't getting any younger. Not much of a market for a player like that. Be nice to get him on the cheap.
I believe Gilmore is not what we need anyway. He was a great player in his day but he will be 34 next year. We need to move on IMO.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Stephen Jones is absolutely enamored with the fact that Daron Bland has cap hits of $1,061,197 in 2024 and $1,176,197 in 2025.

Throw in that Jordan Lewis only counts as $1.377M (four-year qualfiying contract) against this year's cap and he is downright giddy.

I think he seriously cares more about cheap labor than he does playoff wins. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls the league after losses and asks for an exception to be made since his players cost less. Except that would impy he cares about wins and losses, which he clearly does not.

I like Bland so no dig at him here. Just Stephen being cheap as usual.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is absolutely enamored with the fact that Daron Bland has cap hits of $1,061,197 in 2024 and $1,176,197 in 2025.

Throw in that Jordan Lewis only counts as $1.377M (four-year qualfiying contract) against this year's cap and he is downright giddy.

I think he seriously cares more about cheap labor than he does playoff wins. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls the league after losses and asks for an exception to be made since his players cost less. Except that would impy he cares about wins and losses, which he clearly does not.

I like Bland so no dig at him here. Just Stephen being cheap as usual.
I like Bland too but he's a liability in man coverage......especially against speed guys. Can't remember how zone Zim plays but that's his strength

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Gotta love it. There’s a few contracts we could restructure easily to get too 26 million under the cap and this guy thinks us fans don’t know this lol
Agree but I honestly think this is his way of saying they have no intention of bringing Gillmore back....