Stephen Jones on Gilmore

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen is as subtle as a sledgehammer. Anytime Stevie starts talking cap and “only so much pie”….Gilmore won’t be back.
I’m not terribly disappointed with that. To me, Gilmore looked to be running on fumes towards the end of last season. He definitely appeared to have lost a step.

I wouldn’t slam the door, but I don’t want to see them pay him big money either.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bye Gilmore. BTW TY Stevie for telling the world our draft plans via megaphone. Thats great GM-ing.

Big_D

Reaction score
Can someone in the vicinity pelt this clown with rotten tomatoes? It would definitely spice up these interviews!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I believe Gilmore is not what we need anyway. He was a great player in his day but he will be 34 next year. We need to move on IMO.
It’s fine moving on, but if you’re a team truly trying to win right now and going for it today, you probably bring a Gilmore back. Again, fine if they have a different direction but they should just be transparent

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s fine moving on, but if you’re a team truly trying to win right now and going for it today, you probably bring a Gilmore back. Again, fine if they have a different direction but they should just be transparent
I think it’s clear by now the Jones FO does not know HOW to build a championship contender in the cap era. They’ve literally never done it.

As far as “winning now”, I honestly have not seen a sense of true urgency to win by those guys in a very long time. No other team in the league has a front office so completely comfortable with throwing whole seasons away while they play.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They're making a mistake. CB is the one position group you definitely want to have a "teacher" back there in some capacity, something Diggs, Bland, and Lewis are not.
Well that is what coaches are supposed to do. Our DB coach is supposed to be legit and a potential Head Coach.

rambo2

Reaction score
Stephen is as subtle as a sledgehammer. Anytime Stevie starts talking cap and “only so much pie”….Gilmore won’t be back.
If they do sign him, it will be said here that he is a washed up injured player and they don't know what they are doing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking only for 2024, I'd rather have Gilmore than Diggs coming off the knee.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.e11c4c47996610d41acdd95fd31b6316