Stephen Jones on Gilmore

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Did anyone really wonder what was going to happen? Sign the Stephen Jones Blue Light Special Contract or find yourself another team ASAP!

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Everything he said when talking about Gilmore was in the past tense. The decision has been made.

bigE79

Reaction score
DB's are not our problem with Diggs coming back. We can't stop the run.
Nobody knows how diggs will perform after his injury,or how long it it take to return to form, Gallup never did and Pollard took more than half the year to look like himself... resigning Gilly is a must if for nothing more than insurance just in case.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nobody knows how diggs will perform after his injury,or how long it it take to return to form, Gallup never did and Pollard took more than half the year to look like himself... resigning Gilly is a must if for nothing more than insurance just in case.
We may not know about Diggs? You don't think they are monitoring Diggs?

Do you think we know about our run D? Or do we need to wait and see?

bigE79

Reaction score
We may not know about Diggs? You don't think they are monitoring Diggs?

Do you think we know about our run D? Or do we need to wait and see?
I'm sure they were monitoring Gallup and Pollard also... how'd that turnout? And what does diggs or Gilly for that matter have anything to do with the run defense? You're talking apples and oranges.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm sure they were monitoring Gallup and Pollard also... how'd that turnout? And what does diggs or Gilly for that matter have anything to do with the run defense? You're talking apples and oranges.
Gallup was signed after he got hurt and before he recovered. Dumb GM Jethro move. At the exact same time frame he traded a away Cooper for what a 5th round pick?

I don't know how dumb you have to be to convince yourself, that both of those decisions are smart moves.

Owner Jerry, should have immediately fired GM Jethro and changed all the locks.

But hey, that is Dak's fault right?

bigE79

Reaction score
Gallup was signed after he got hurt and before he recovered. Dumb GM Jethro move. At the exact same time frame he traded a away Cooper for what a 5th round pick?

I don't know how dumb you have to be to convince yourself, that both of those decisions are smart moves.

Owner Jerry, should have immediately fired GM Jethro and changed all the locks.

But hey, that is Dak's fault right?
I agree with this assessment but This has nothing to do what we were talking about.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree with this assessment but This has nothing to do what we were talking about.
Not sure what to tell you. Our run defense is horrendous and has only gotten worse. We will not need any DB's at this point.

Teams will run the ball 65+ times a game.

bigE79

Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you. Our run defense is horrendous and has only gotten worse. We will not need any DB's at this point.

Teams will run the ball 65+ times a game.
This we can agree on.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yep. That's the new way here. Lease a guy for one year fairly cheap, who then has a good year and watch him sign elsewhere for a pile of money and get your Comp Pic and say OMG we gamed the system and we are super bowl bound.
I would rather have Gilmore than a compb pick that might not even make your team. A 4th rounder will not be as good a Gilmore is right now!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Honestly, Gilmore was invisible the last few games. Then he was hurt and wasn't the same.
Of course he wasn’t the same. He was injured!

They put him on the best teams receiver over Bland at times AND he played EXCELLENT when they did it.
That should tell you Gilmore is AT LEAST as good as Bland!
I would sign him in a heart beat!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Stephen is as subtle as a sledgehammer. Anytime Stevie starts talking cap and “only so much pie”….Gilmore won’t be back.
hes stating the truth. Im not sure what else he can say.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I hate "Cap Boy"!!!!!! You'd think he was spending his inheritance to sign people. We are so screwed and yet the only thing I read in this place is Dak.Dak,Dak. Cap Boy is 10 times worse than Dak's contract or on field play :facepalm:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would rather have Gilmore than a compb pick that might not even make your team. A 4th rounder will not be as good a Gilmore is right now!
GM Jeruh likes to trade his late round picks and have them replaced by comp picks.

So if we are projecting 3 5th's then GM Jeruh can trade next years 5, 6 and 7th.