Twitter: Stephen Jones on possible Dak contract extension

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It was headed this way before the ink was dry on his first extension. They were never going to go into the next 2 years with a $50 million cap hit.

Since then, they've never wavered on their belief in Dak. Fans just didn't want to believe them and convinced themselves they'd move off him.
We were stupid to ever think Jerry and Stephen cared about winning at any point after the 90s.

They make too many decisions to go against it.

If we have fans that still believe the Joneses are about winning then Jerry has some jerseys to sell ya.

Nav22

Reaction score
Imagine being proud of mediocrity.

Another miss by the infamous benchwarmer Nav22.
"Imagine being proud of mediocrity :angry::angry::angry:"

Bottle those tears up for me next time!

When NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs agree that Dak's a top 10 QB, something tells me you'll have 3 gallons of tears ready to go. YUMMY!!!

"DURRRRR WHY WE PAYIN TOP 10 MONEY TO A TOP 10 QB???"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was headed this way before the ink was dry on his first extension. They were never going to go into the next 2 years with a $50 million cap hit.

Since then, they've never wavered on their belief in Dak. Fans just didn't want to believe them and convinced themselves they'd move off him.
I think that’s part if the problem.

They ‘never waiver’, even when they should.

Other teams - the Eagles for example - admit when they’ve made a mistake and they move on.

The Cowboys don’t.

It’s how we wasted over a decade on Jason Garrett.

Sometimes they need to see the writing on the wall instead of thinking they know better than everyone else when results clearly show that they don’t.

Nav22

Reaction score
We were stupid to ever think Jerry and Stephen cared about winning at any point after the 90s.

If we have fans that still believe the Joneses are about winning then Jerry has some jerseys to sell ya.
Yeah, they should follow your brilliant advice!

"DURRRRR JUST DRAFT DA NEXT PATRICK MAHOMES!!!"

The know-nothing who thought we'd finish 8-9 this year has the answer!!! It's so obvious!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

MS17

Reaction score
This is a fair question. He's essentially getting rewarded for doing just enough to keep the carrot dangling in front of these two clowns.
True that. The clown show enrolls Dak in Interceptions Anonymous, and enlists quarterback therapists. Their thinking of course is that Dak could take them to a Super Bowl if he "is helped". It's an overworked expression, but it's impossible to make this s__ up.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Can the Anti-Dak Cult Members do me a solid and start bottling up their DELICIOUS tears for me now?

Re-elect Dak Prescott! 4 more years baby! Leggo QB1!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think that’s part if the problem.

They ‘never waiver’, even when they should.

Other teams - the Eagles for example - admit when they’ve made a mistake and they move on.

The Cowboys don’t.

It’s how we wasted over a decade on Jason Garrett.

Sometimes they need to see the writing on the wall instead of thinking they know better than everyone else when results clearly show that they don’t.
first off Daks better then wentz, sorry its a fact don't care how you rank them , hes for sure better. move on from what to what?? right we can wave wand and have QB better then dak immediately. no transition.... hes not mistake that an opinion.

our offense with dak still ranked top 5 in a lot of important areas ie scoring, red zone scoring %, and 3rd down %, including turning this #2 WR in Lamb into a 1..i mean that was the consensus going tonto the season and maybe a qtr way into the season.

Dak is top 5 in win% since 16, no losing seasons, playoff 4 of 6 years, 166 passing tds, 26 rushing and drum roll please, ONLY 65 INTS. right hes huge a mistake.

daks top 10 QB no matter how you slice it not 16 , maybe states with 32 teams you have to be 16-32 ranked to be called avaerge ..hes well above average his entire career....wentz is average,.

if any hater needs small reminder of the plays dak made all year.. check this out.

Maybe blame the OL shuffling through injuries, no run game, and other factors like STs backsliding most of the back half of the year and even the defense got in 4 game slump getting ran over and giving up more points that had to have qb who could drop 40 on the eagles when they needed more scoring. Daks options for targets, were outside the top 32 in separation some in the 100s, pass blocking win rate was not good, and explosive plays disappeared and that's before the line was shuffled weekly over injuries.

let's kick all that under the carpet all the tipped INTs at the line and off receivers' hands, his arm being hit, his jersey grabbed as he was following through, a broken hand, and many games without a run game especially the 9er game. there are larger problems here in those playoff games then dak alone. mostly the OL, OC and lack of run game of late.

give Dak Andy reid and that run game and OL they had in the 2nd half of the SB and Dak wins those types of games, sure like most qbs , one dimensional uncreative offense is easy to defend and neutralize and we still only lost by 7 and 6 .. we are close and blowing this up with no real plan isn't the best option just because the FAN BASE full of armchair GMS says so,..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first off Daks better then wentz, sorry its a fact don't care how you rank them , hes for sure better. move on from what to what?? right we can wave wand and have QB better then dak immediately. no transition.... hes not mistake that an opinion.

our offense with dak still ranked top 5 in a lot of important areas ie scoring, red zone scoring %, and 3rd down %, including turning this #2 WR in Lamb into a 1..i mean that was the consensus going tonto the season and maybe a qtr way into the season.

Dak is top 5 in win% since 16, no losing seasons, playoff 4 of 6 years, 166 passing tds, 26 rushing and drum roll please, ONLY 65 INTS. right hes huge a mistake.

daks top 10 QB no matter how you slice it not 16 , maybe states with 32 teams you have to be 16-32 ranked to be called avaerge ..hes well above average his entire career....wentz is average,.

if any hater needs small reminder of the plays dak made all year.. check this out.

Maybe blame the OL shuffling through injuries, no run game, and other factors like STs backsliding most of the back half of the year and even the defense got in 4 game slump getting ran over and giving up more points that had to have qb who could drop 40 on the eagles when they needed more scoring. Daks options for targets, were outside the top 32 in separation some in the 100s, pass blocking win rate was not good, and explosive plays disappeared and that's before the line was shuffled weekly over injuries.

let's kick all that under the carpet all the tipped INTs at the line and off receivers' hands, his arm being hit, his jersey grabbed as he was following through, a broken hand, and many games without a run game especially the 9er game. there are larger problems here in those playoff games then dak alone. mostly the OL, OC and lack of run game of late.

give Dak Andy reid and that run game and OL they had in the 2nd half of the SB and Dak wins those types of games, sure like most qbs , one dimensional uncreative offense is easy to defend and neutralize and we still only lost by 7 and 6 .. we are close and blowing this up with no real plan isn't the best option just because the FAN BASE full of armchair GMS says so,..

And the Eagles moved on when they realized Wentz wasn’t the guy. They drafted a replacement and went to the Super Bowl two years later.

Meanwhile the Cowboys haven’t gotten close in 28 years.

Feel free to correct anything wrong that I’ve said.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And the Eagles moved on when they realized Wentz wasn’t the guy. They drafted a replacement and went to the Super Bowl two years later.

Meanwhile the Cowboys haven’t gotten close in 28 years.

Feel free to correct anything wrong that I’ve said.
first off they went to sb and won it with FOLES when wentz got them 3/4 of the way that year.. hurts needed an excessive amount of extra talent to get him over the hump..

BUT sometimes you get lucky make moves and they work, its HARDLY a blueprint most teams have spent the better part of decade trying to find qb even on Daks level and after failed drafts for a very long time they go and get Watson for 250mil guaranteed, and trade for Wilson and other qbs including getting bilked for wentz lol.

this is easy go route for the eagles, your GREEN is showing.

Daks not our issue Hurts while good had a ton of help getting to a SB let alone his team but the path beating the giants and shorthanded 9ers , right .. thats normal. Truck load of talent and luck. Right, you can just recreate that.

go ahead reach into the Nostradamus magic hat and give us full proof pan to replace dak,

first his NT clause, find a suiter to give us market value like Watson and Wilson got, then who replacing him and then a perfect infallible plan to find a quarterback to even match Daks success hes had so far..i posted his success and other failures to real Bonfield issues that lost those last 2 playoff games., those are all facts. you blame dak hes not been prefect nor elite but Hes top 10 and those are hard to find. having b2b 12 win teams winning 26 games in 2 season and you say blow it up because we can improve..how long and what the plan.,

heres better pan keep dak 2 more seasons get the OL more physical and run game that can show up and support the pass game in the tougher payoff games, been missing for while KC just won game like that against those very eagles. they were down , changed the 2nd half plan to run it down the eagles throat, give Mahomes a great pocket and just go win as a TEAM

play calls, run game, physical OL.. Dak had none of that against the 9ers 2 straight games.

if dak cant get it done in the next 2 seasons, blow it up but why waste that small window of opportunity you have......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first off they went to sb and won it with FOLES when wentz got them 3/4 of the way that year.. hurts needed an excessive amount of extra talent to get him over the hump..

BUT sometimes you get lucky make moves and they work, its HARDLY a blueprint most teams have spent the better part of decade trying to find qb even on Daks level and after failed drafts for a very long time they go and get Watson for 250mil guaranteed, and trade for Wilson and other qbs including getting bilked for wentz lol.

Envy maybe. For an organization that can admit mistakes and move on. Unlike Dallas.
Daks not our issue Hurts while good had a ton of help getting to a SB let alone his team but the path beating the giants and shorthanded 9ers , right .. thats normal. Truck load of talent and luck. Right, you can just recreate that.

They also had the best record in the league.
go ahead reach into the Nostradamus magic hat and give us full proof pan to replace dak,

first his NT clause, find a suiter to give us market value like Watson and Wilson got, then who replacing him and then a perfect infallible plan to find a quarterback to even match Daks success hes had so far..i posted his success and other failures to real Bonfield issues that lost those last 2 playoff games., those are all facts. you blame dak hes not been prefect nor elite but Hes top 10 and those are hard to find. having b2b 12 win teams winning 26 games in 2 season and you say blow it up because we can improve..how long and what the plan.,

heres better pan keep dak 2 more seasons get the OL more physical and run game that can show up and support the pass game in the tougher payoff games, been missing for while KC just won game like that against those very eagles. they were down , changed the 2nd half plan to run it down the eagles throat, give Mahomes a great pocket and just go win as a TEAM

play calls, run game, physical OL.. Dak had none of that against the 9ers 2 straight games.

if dak cant get it done in the next 2 seasons, blow it up but why waste that small window of opportunity you have......
I’m not suggesting they cut Dak. They can’t. But what I am suggesting is keeping that two year out you’re referring to. If they extend him, that’s off the table and you’re stuck in the deal longer no matter how things go.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting they cut Dak. They can’t. But what I am suggesting is keeping that two year out you’re referring to. If they extend him, that’s off the table and you’re stuck in the deal longer no matter how things go.
I think they will.....remember the $31M this is all guaranteed money left on the contract. Dak and Todd have 100% leverage here. Stephen and Jerry have no choice but to play alone, so of course say nice things and be supportive. I have said before, I honestly think they are just as disappointed as we are as fans but they have to treat the situation differently. Just my guess.........2024 and 2025 are new guaranteed years for $45M each, no-trade clause removed. This way he's still the QB for MM final two years and a new coach for only one year.

This sounds like the principles of the extension are already decided.......

clff15701

Reaction score

What window? Our qb leads the league in turnovers and tanks games against top qbs. Why waste two seasons?

conner01

Reaction score
An extension is about creating salary cap space for the Cowboys. Since he has the biggest deal it just makes sense to do it.
If fans want to add to the team then it’s the only real option
If fans want him to play out then they can’t complain about not getting better and not signing FA
To me you extend him and improve the team or blow it up. Trade the guys that have real trade value and move forward with drafting a new QB
I don’t see a scenario where it makes since to keep guys who are about to get really expensive and not have a QB

Redline360

Reaction score
We may get on Jerry for obvious reasons but when he passes away I think Stephen is far worse. Sadly this may be the best it gets and we may be in serious trouble

Jerry, Stephen, and their certain brainwashed posters like to brag about regular season success and stats. No one gives a flying F about regular season success.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the goal is to eventually get a new deal done..........Dak now has the upper hand and can demand whatever he wants lol.
I hope they give him 60 mil a year , no trade clause, and all guaranteed !....and a reserved parking spot right by the door!

“My bet is there’s not gonna be a lot said about it. We’ll wake up one day and it’ll be done.”............It will just be magical !!

JBS

Reaction score

Remember when you thought this was Daks last year? I do. Good times.