Twitter: Stephen Jones on possible Dak contract extension

Mannix

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE explain to me....I've not seen the explanation anywhere....why we cannot wait until after this coming season to possibly extend??? Is it really so advantageous to rush into it now, and risk making a catastrophic mistake? I'd rather let 2023 play out than free up more cap space to sign another Nolan Carroll.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah, they should follow your brilliant advice!

"DURRRRR JUST DRAFT DA NEXT PATRICK MAHOMES!!!"

The know-nothing who thought we'd finish 8-9 this year has the answer!!! It's so obvious!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
No let’s just stick with QBs who can’t win more than a few wildcard games in a decade

Mannix

Reaction score
An extension is about creating salary cap space for the Cowboys. Since he has the biggest deal it just makes sense to do it.
Doesn't it make more sense to let 2023 play out and be sure? Six more years of poor decisions and inaccuracy is more than most of us can take....extending him again could ruin this franchise for close to another decade.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Remember when you thought this was Daks last year? I do. Good times.
I have accepted that Dak will be here and we will fail because of it.

My focus has now shifted to hoping for complete failure and embarrassment for the organization so much so that they can't justify putting Dak on the field again and Dak fans will go back under their rocks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Envy maybe. For an organization that can admit mistakes and move on. Unlike Dallas.

They also had the best record in the league.

I’m not suggesting they cut Dak. They can’t. But what I am suggesting is keeping that two year out you’re referring to. If they extend him, that’s off the table and you’re stuck in the deal longer no matter how things go.
not really 2 years even on an extension with higher cap and less dead cap down the road will be able to cut or finally trade him.. back to reality Dak is for sure on the same or higher level than many SB qbs ie foles, Flacco, eli, Dilfer, Stafford, and many other that got there like Goff, Garoppolo, kap, and many others dude so how about back to my plan, if the eagles saw in Hurts he was disparate for help like LJ and fields will be to filed a SB team go do that NOW..dont give me the cap issues and Daks holding us back.. if Dak was on that eagle team, they also have the same or better record and still make the SB , that's the point want to suckle on the green tite, well they also put out high caliber D, added AJ , had a healthy OL that was tops in the league and ran the dang ball more then they threw it most games. they also gave AJ relief with Goedert and Smith heck ther 3rd wr was better than Noah you asked dak to pay with Lamb and bunch of dudes with an OL falling apart as the year went on and an OC who again seemed to abandon the run .. is that what the eagles did? more and BTW i saw when the eagle had the slightest injury issues to key payers, they lost games especially with Lane out Hurts struggles Dak payed without his HOF LT and add a rookie started there with New LG, new RT , and again, a bunch of WRs who were just jags al year.

HURTSD does not function in that offense, that why this dak hate is ridiculous, goes back to TEAM and coaching. Hurts had better at both, yet Dak still had us on the eagles' heels and dropped 40 on said eagles.. give dak that type of support in a playoff game, and he WINS.

that's fact. Show me the run game, the dominate OL, any player outside of Lamb that made an effort.. 2021 9er game 14 penalties torpedoed that game, also another game with no run support an done dimensional team even with Amari and we lost by a score and here we are again same thing our OL was pushed around and run game easily taken away pollard goes out but hey blame dak because he threw one INT that gallup was clearly pushed off his route and the defender got to where Gallup was supposed to be with ease, Gallup made no effort to get back, sure he forces one so Did Burrows, hurts fumbles , Stafford throws 2 picks in the SB also led the league in INTs , Josh allen had more TOS this post season that daks had his career in the post season, eli somehow makes SB leading the league in INTS 3 years and the totals were near record breaking...

Back to team, KC beta the eagles at their own game flipping the script and going heavy run , physical OL, efficient passing. they came back and won because the team and coaches said lets adjust and go after philly with something they didn't expect.

our coaches have not done that in long time and our player have not stepped up in the same manner. blame dak, i saw meh , blame the team..

all that up there are facts. get Dak a team who decides that they wasn't to have their best game not their worst come help and I'll show you more playoff success.

its what John Elway needed, PMannings best year were them, finally runnig the ball more and playing defense but it took manning and how coaches that long also over 7 years or more to start winning these games , Dak throw's far less iNTS and more tds over the same 97 games Manning played , playoff success the same yet here we are as fan base , wanting to throw dak away for the unknown and not admit there are other issues..

blueblood70

Reaction score
No let’s just stick with QBs who can’t win more than a few wildcard games in a decade
OR replace him and go 5-12 8-9 the next 5-6 years.. you all think replacing dak suddenly the new guy instantly takes us to a NFCCG? a SB you see how many qbs we went thought between Aikman and romo.get real! it could get far worse than making the playoff 4 of 6 years having b2b 12 win season , making the second roun d NO LOSING seasons..right dak sux cut him now i mean the 89mil cap hit means nothing the FT means nothing just change NOW blow it up. lmao., the hate is real the trolling is real. get REAL!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not really 2 years even on an extension with higher cap and less dead cap down the road will be able to cut or finally trade him.. back to reality

Yes, let’s get ‘back to reality’. I’m going to cut off your word salad right here.

Show me the math that supports the outlandish claims you’re trying to make here.

Londonboy

Reaction score
"We'll wake up one day and it'll be done"???

Is He expecting a visit from the contract Fairy?

mardwin

Reaction score
Face it guys, we're gonna be stuck with him for a while. He'll keep us competitive so it's always unlikely we could move on from him and also happen to be in position to use a top 3-5 pick on a new QB...The only route out is if he wants a trade, and we get a bunch of picks to get a blue chip prospect. Here's hoping Jerry/Stephen botch the extension convos early on lol
Rush kept us competitive with the same supporting cast. Heck, two years ago Andy Dalton was balling with half of the squad on IR. So the notion that Dak brings something unique makes no sense. In his 7/8 years in Dallas, Dak has been surrounded by an all-pro caliber OL, all-pro caliber RB in his prime, good defense, and very good receivers, and he still falls flat on his face.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, let’s get ‘back to reality’. I’m going to cut off your word salad right here.

Show me the math that supports the outlandish claims you’re trying to make here.
its all in the numbers your is all emotional outbursts with strong hate for dak , get out of your feelings daks top 10 you can easily win with a qb like that, with a better team...Hurts couldn't do squat his first 2 seasons they "all in" loaded and he won oh wait lost the sb but the FO pulled talent off the team; Cooper, Jarwin, Collins, ced, Cwill, turner, all off this offense and cu8nted on gallup whoa never ghot back to himself so hey lets let Brown be the 2 with rookie LT, new LG, new RT , and we still made the 2nd round..,somehow that historically bad offseason, not enough talent , the early prediction here and inthe media we would finish 3rd in the division and not make the playoffs , sure that all of sudden now Dak didn't do enough , maybe have your talent get off the bus with Dak ie again a RUN GAME, OL, and more players sides Lamb doing their jobs, dak would win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its all in the numbers your is all emotional outbursts with strong hate for dak , get out of your feelings daks top 10 you can easily win with a qb like that, with a better team...Hurts couldn't do squat his first 2 seasons they "all in" loaded and he won oh wait lost the sb but the FO pulled talent off the team; Cooper, Jarwin, Collins, ced, Cwill, turner, all off this offense and cu8nted on gallup whoa never ghot back to himself so hey lets let Brown be the 2 with rookie LT, new LG, new RT , and we still made the 2nd round..,somehow that historically bad offseason, not enough talent , the early prediction here and inthe media we would finish 3rd in the division and not make the playoffs , sure that all of sudden now Dak didn't do enough , maybe have your talent get off the bus with Dak ie again a RUN GAME, OL, and more players sides Lamb doing their jobs, dak would win.
As expected. Nothing of substance.

This is nothing but noise. Not worth my time.

:thumbdown:

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Rush kept us competitive with the same supporting cast. Heck, two years ago Andy Dalton was balling with half of the squad on IR. So the notion that Dak brings something unique makes no sense. In his 7/8 years in Dallas, Dak has been surrounded by an all-pro caliber OL, all-pro caliber RB in his prime, good defense, and very good receivers, and he still falls flat on his face.
no you didn't just compare Andy Dalton to Dak lol. I jumped off the Dak bandwagon last year, and definitely agree that he's likely not going to be the one to take us to a SB, but you are crazy if you think he doesn't make us more competitive than Rush or Dalton...Rush did great, but you can look at both eagles games and see the difference between when Dak is there and when he isn't, and that's my point. Very unlikely you'll end up with a top 10 pick in next years draft with Dak as your QB unless he's hurt. Remind me again where our draft position was after having Dalton as our QB?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And the Eagles moved on when they realized Wentz wasn’t the guy. They drafted a replacement and went to the Super Bowl two years later.

Meanwhile the Cowboys haven’t gotten close in 28 years.

Feel free to correct anything wrong that I’ve said.
I hate how factual this is from start to finish.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate how factual this is from start to finish.
the-truth-hurts-truth-hurts.gif

mardwin

Reaction score
no you didn't just compare Andy Dalton to Dak lol. I jumped off the Dak bandwagon last year, and definitely agree that he's likely not going to be the one to take us to a SB, but you are crazy if you think he doesn't make us more competitive than Rush or Dalton...Rush did great, but you can look at both eagles games and see the difference between when Dak is there and when he isn't, and that's my point. Very unlikely you'll end up with a top 10 pick in next years draft with Dak as your QB unless he's hurt. Remind me again where our draft position was after having Dalton as our QB?
See below. Dak only put up numbers after falling behind multiple scores and throwing against prevent defense. "Patting stats" Dalton won 5 games with a banged-up offensive line.

LwJznkz.png

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We were stupid to ever think Jerry and Stephen cared about winning at any point after the 90s.

They make too many decisions to go against it.

If we have fans that still believe the Joneses are about winning then Jerry has some jerseys to sell ya.
Stephen surely doesn't care about winning. He just wants to keep us competitive. He even said so.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
See below. Dak only put up numbers after falling behind multiple scores and throwing against prevent defense. "Patting stats" Dalton won 5 games with a banged-up offensive line.

LwJznkz.png
Again i say, what pick did we end up having with Dalton as our QB? and banged up o-line? come on dude, We reshuffled our o-line this year so many times i lost count and still had some success. We both agree that Dak isn't the guy to take us to the top, but i disagree that Dalton/Rush are equal or better than him. Dalton couldn't even beat out Justin Fields or Jameis Winston for QB1 and those guys are worse than Dak.

JBS

Reaction score
I have accepted that Dak will be here and we will fail because of it.

My focus has now shifted to hoping for complete failure and embarrassment for the organization so much so that they can't justify putting Dak on the field again and Dak fans will go back under their rocks.
Complete failure is definitely better than what we are doing. But dumb and dumber are on record, they’re rather not win than hit rock bottom.