Twitter: Stephen Jones on The Ticket - Talks Dak's deal and Coaching Search w/audio

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
one game but it sure looked good against marshmellow Washington the next week..odd huh?torn says you sit out sprain says you can play, if it were bad he should have been sat as soon as he was ineffective against philly..

but again hes so hurt he plays the next week against Washington and all of a sudden could hit receivers.. he was horrible in the philly game but really he played poorly against better teams.. thats his issue , inconsistency..
One game my *** you haven’t been paying attention or don’t care because it doesnt’ fit your agenda. He hurt is shoulder in the 1st quarter of the Rams game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
One game my *** you haven’t been paying attention or don’t care because it doesnt’ fit your agenda. He hurt is shoulder in the 1st quarter of the Rams game.
so they say we didnt truly know but I didnt mention he rams game he looked awful in the CHI, NE, BUFF, and others to name a few..

my agenda lol is what telling the truth? I said I like him but no way hes earned the big LTD, not for his demands..if it were true hed be signed already..

im not the dak hating troll lke AMri and Papp but im not going to keep acting as if hes the next coming..ive supported him but never been a fanboy or a hater ive been in the middle waiting..he was huge disappointment down the stretch before he sprained his shoulder..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
so they say we didnt truly know but I didnt mention he rams game he looked awful in the CHI, NE, BUFF, and others to name a few..

my agenda lol is what telling the truth? I said I like him but no way hes earned the big LTD, not for his demands..if it were true hed be signed already..

im not the dak hating troll lke AMri and Papp but im not going to keep acting as if hes the next coming..ive supported him but never been a fanboy or a hater ive been in the middle waiting..he was huge disappointment down the stretch before he sprained his shoulder..
Did you watch the NE game? Even Brady looked like crap in that game. Against the Bears Dak was 27-49 for 334 yards and 1 TD. Against the Bills he was 32-49 for 355 yards 2 TD’s and 1 int. So he looked awful? Come on man, pull your head out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did you watch the NE game? Even Brady looked like crap in that game. Against the Bears Dak was 27-49 for 334 yards and 1 TD. Against the Bills he was 32-49 for 355 yards 2 TD’s and 1 int. So he looked awful? Come on man, pull your head out.
Brady hasn't looked good this year either, bad example lol

yes he did he threw way too many bad balls and we got behind because of it all the 3 and outs because dak couldn't hit anyone.. those stats he built in say like the GB and BIFF games he did so trying to come back late in the second half ie garbage time..open your eyes..

this isnt new news bro..we all saw the games he stunk yes first half of the GB buff NE chi etc etc , he then built a ton of hollow yards late in games when we were down big..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Brady hasn't looked good this year either, bad example lol

yes he did he threw way too many bad balls and we got behind because of it all the 3 and outs because dak couldn't hit anyone.. those stats he built in say like the GB and BIFF games he did so trying to come back late in the second half ie garbage time..open your eyes..

this isnt new news bro..we all saw the games he stunk yes first half of the GB buff NE chi etc etc , he then built a ton of hollow yards late in games when we were down big..
Well I tried. You Dak haters make yourself look foolish everytime you post about him. He’s the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. He came within 5 yards or so from setting the single season Cowboys QB record. He’s going to get 30+ million a year. And there’s a reason why he’s all of that.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Stephen & Jerry say the dumbest things. Irregardless of what you think of Dak saying all these amazing things about Dak and telling everybody how desperate you are to sign him does NOT help in the leverage phase of the contract negotiations. Just SHUT UP!

2nd point is TALK IS CHEAP..... if you really feel that way than sign the guy and quit creating the drama & circus environment. You already cost us fans the 2019 season by staying with a lame duck head coach and an unsigned QB.

How many games this year did Dallas lose that were by 7 points or less? How many times in those games did Dak not use his legs and take off and run for a 1st down and extend a drive? Why was he not running? Because of the risk of injury with no guaranteed contract.

Why did Dallas go from 11 wins to 8? The Defense was about the same. Zeke had about the same yards per carry plus we had Pollard. Maher was missing kicks in 2018 as well. The difference was that 2% difference of are QB was not risking a major injury and playing care free football.... Plus putting the additional stress on the QB having to worry about money and contracts and long term security and where he would be playing next year. Stephen & Jerry are the reason why Dallas went 8-8. Just SHUT UP the both of you.

Thanks.... I am done venting.... for now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The whole “cast a wide net” thing is not an issue for me here. People keep bringing it up, but we clearly got OUR guy. You don’t keep looking when you have what you want within your grasp.

Cast too wide of a net and you’ll search forever while everyone gets hired then you’re left with nothing.

I don’t think the Jones settled here, and I don’t think it was some impulsive decision. They knew what they wanted, and quickly learned that McCarthy fit the bill.

Rank the guys you want most. Bring them in in that order. Before the interview, the evaluation of the coach's performance should be done. The interview is just about making sure that you can see eye to eye on expectations for the working relationship. If that's fine, don't hem haw and possibly lose the opportunity, pull the trigger.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think the problem is that no team really know that meyer is serious about coaching in the nfl. or maybe meyer does not want to committ to what it will take to be a headcoach again.

Rumors are the Meyer wants full control over player personnel...…………...so he wants to be HC/GM.

Very few NFL teams are willing to do that with somebody that has never coached in the league before.

Obviously not going to happen here, Jerry will never give up the GM job, not even to his own kids.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It sure did take Jimmy a long time but it was worth that endless wait.
He deserves it as much as anyone. Congratulations, Jimmy!:thumbup:

Last edited: