Twitter: Stephen Jones On Trades

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I can't understand this Stephen speak. Never understood his pappi so why should I understand what he is saying.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You would pay our 1st, 2nd and maybe 4th round picks just for Sutton?
Come on Rayman
Not quite what I meant..but ok. I'm talking about hypotheticals...not reality. I think IF..its a huge IF...any team wanted the best WR in the draft,they might have to get up into the top 10 to do it..because IMO...there's only 1 elite guy..and thats Sutton NOT Ridley. Like Ridley..dont love him. I am not saying for 1 hot minute WE would do this at all..so back down from the ledge man. It would be a horrid move if we did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Glad you don't have any influence on the team
Ha ha ...its all hypothetical dude. Not sayin at all this would be a reality. We have too many other pressing needs to give away picks to jump up...but your pretty clever.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Who you do you think they target if they do go up?
Derwin James, raquan smith or minkah fitzpatrick --- i really like ronnie harrison too dont think we need to move up for him though solid player

rkell87

Reaction score
Ha ha ...its all hypothetical dude. Not sayin at all this would be a reality. We have too many other pressing needs to give away picks to jump up...but your pretty clever.
lol...its done SO WELL without my help ...Lighten up. We are all just throwing darts here...its what we do.
Moving from 19 into the top 10 for any position other than franchise QB or franchise LT is pretty ludicrous, never mind the next Roy Wi11iams and ignoring the fact that WR is far from our most pressing need.

Falco78

Reaction score
Frustrating to read he didn't know that. You just know he Patriots have a hard drive sitting around with data on all their trades and probably every other 31 teams.
Actually they most likely know it off of the top of their heads

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well I think it is safe to say the apple has not fallen very far from the tree.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, with as many holes we have, trading up would be an afterthought, seeing we would lose our second or third and we need them both. Personally I feel a star player we need will fall to us at 19, rather in the LB, DE, DT, or maybe even WR if we covet such. There is really only one guy I would trade up for and it would take the whole draft and part of next years... LOL Mr. Bradley Chubb will never fall enough to even dream of such, so I would stay put..... Maybe if the pickings are slim at our pick, we get our star DT in the form of Vea or Payne. I can hope anyways.....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There are 3 ways to improve the team and Stephen hates doing 2 of them because they have been horrible at them.......Draft- Trade- Free Agents

He has also made some bad Draft picks but he has never considered abandoning the Draft

His thinking is juvenile....... if you made bad trades or signed bad Free Agents in the past then learn from it and do better..... Don't eliminate them forever

I almost think he signed guys like NCarroll and Thornton just so he can say he tried but there are no good picks

I think the bigger problem is that Stephen is cheap as hell.....................apparently he doesn't want to spend any of his inheritance.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Does that sound like a guy with even the slightest clue of what he's doing?

It's hard to put my finger on why we do what we do. I didn't even realize we've been doing that.

Exactly...................and folks thought things were going to get better once Junior took over:lmao2: