Twitter: Stephen Jones paying quarterbacks too much ‘decreases your chances to win’

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m actually surprised they are acknowledging it.

Good on them..

Now do something about it and don’t just ignore it.

Right now you have to overpay your QB because of the Eagles and Rams.. Don’t play that game.

Set your number and if Dak signs then fine.. If he doesn’t then fine.

The problem is the stats for not having a franchise QB are undeniable.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Good on him. I agree with Stephen. I want Dak on this team but if he doesn’t budge and come down on his price, re-sign Andy Dalton & draft a QB in Round 1 next year and be done with it. This offense is too talented, another QB will succeed behind Center.

With that said, where was this like of thinking when they made Zeke the highest paid RB in league history.. :rolleyes:

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Franchise Dak 2 years and let him walk. Have a plan in place to not have a rookie starting year 3. You have an offense in place and plenty of draft capital next year if there is a QB you like trade it all and the following years 1 to get him. He sits behind Dak his rookie year and takes over the following year. Or just give Dalton a reasonable 4 year deal and let’s go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team is not as confident in Dak as many may think. The way they are handling this, makes it obvious.

Why prolong paying him, when its only going to get significantly more expensive once Mahomes signs?

Actually, its just the opposite. The Cowboys are so confident in Dak that they want to wrap him up for 5 years rather than the 4 that he wants. They want him longer, he wants less.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Franchise Dak 2 years and let him walk. Have a plan in place to not have a rookie starting year 3. You have an offense in place and plenty of draft capital next year if there is a QB you like trade it all and the following years 1 to get him. He sits behind Dak his rookie year and takes over the following year. Or just give Dalton a reasonable 4 year deal and let’s go.

DALTON BABY!!!!! LOL

Gets better everyday. The best was when some of you were saying the Chiefs are going to cut Mahomes after this season. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Well we do have a bus driver and a good RB

So we just need to focus on the defense
But the bus driver part is suppose to keep the QB price down, so you can keep the defense together. Some say Seattle had to rip their defense apart after signing Wilson. I just prefer Parcells ideology in today's cap and free agency era.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Actually, its just the opposite. The Cowboys are so confident in Dak that they want to wrap him up for 5 years rather than the 4 that he wants. They want him longer, he wants less.
Actually, it isnt

They want him more years so they can lower his salary cap hit. If Dak doesnt accept their offer, it will cost them A LOT more by waiting

Qcard

Reaction score
LOL...…..nobody needs analytics for that.

What are the analytics for making your RB the highest paid back in the NFL?
Yep....great point. Zeke contract whilst the highest has been structured to give Cowboys leverage in 3 seasons. Zeke had to capitulate due to off-season problems and change in offense with Kellen.

Stephen Jones is being the GREAT negotiator that he's proven to be.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep....great point. Zeke contract whilst the highest has been structured to give Cowboys leverage in 3 seasons. Zeke had to capitulate due to off-season problems and change in offense with Kellen.

Stephen Jones is being the GREAT negotiator that he's proven to be.

3 seasons of paying a RB 15 million 2 years before his contract was up? I would say that's about the worst negotiation I have ever seen.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The analytics say he was when he signed the deal. The analytics also say, next year Dak won't be the highest paid QB in the NFL if he signs a deal this year making him the highest paid QB. Not sure what the point is.

The point is contracts end up looking smaller down the road and you'd have to be a complete moron to let your best players walk because you don't want to make them the highest paid player at their position

Qcard

Reaction score
3 seasons of paying a RB 15 million 2 years before his contract was up? I would say that's about the worst negotiation I have ever seen.
Cowboys had no choice.......I was against signing Zeke to a long term Contract because of off-field issue but so far.. he's been clean and Contract structure allows team flexibility.
Dak has been model citizen, underpaid and deserving....no reason why he should give Cowboys anything but market value demands....It's Stephen and Jerry's problem to build a team...

Proof

Reaction score

Yeah I’d never, ever consider Stephen a great negotiator. Dallas has been held hostage each of the last three years lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The point is contracts end up looking smaller down the road and you'd have to be a complete moron to let your best players walk because you don't want to make them the highest paid player at their position

NAILED IT!!!...……….unless its a RB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboys had no choice.......I was against signing to a long term Contract because of off-field issue but so far.. he's been clean and Contract structure allows team flexibility.
Dak has been model citizen, underpaid and deserving....no reason why he should give Cowboys anything but market value demands....It's Stephen and Jerry's problem to build a team...

Of course they had a choice. A carry the load RB is not a quintessential part of a championship team.

The play was to let him play out his 5 years rookie deal. Zeke had ZERO leverage other than Jerry thinking he needed him. Then let him walk after that.

8-8 with him...………….we didn't need him.

Qcard

Reaction score
Of course they had a choice. A carry the load RB is not a quintessential part of a championship team.

The play was to let him play out his 5 years rookie deal. Zeke had ZERO leverage other than Jerry thinking he needed him. Then let him walk after that.

8-8 with him...………….we didn't need him.
I can't argue with facts...good points. But sadly Jerry was hamstrung by his history (Emmitt) and an average Coach who couldn't convince Jerry otherwise