aac2eafa-eb20-4839-ae89-3b7a9df7a1ba-kv-final-2.jpeg

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Offered new deals to Cee Dee and Dak…. Yup

Cee Dee’s agent we want 35.2 million apy- Stephen we will give him 28 million
We want 35.2 million not a penny less
Ok wait we will up our offfer to 30 million
WE WANT 35.2 million
Friday - ok ok we heard you loud and clear we are willing to bump it up to 31.2 million - deal ???

Daks agent —— same conversation as above but twice the money and more hand wringing

Of course this is all just sarcasm not really how it works but I can see a similar negotiation tactics

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They are doing fine. They will sign him this week and sign Dak too.
I've thought from the start that he'd be signed within the first couple of weeks of camp. Gives him plenty of time to get ready for the season while limiting the opportunities for him to get injured.

Camp is so different than it was back in the day when it mattered. Back then, players actually needed it to get in shape for the season. Now, it's just a tune-up for the regular season (unless you are installing new schemes). It's mainly for the younger players, to figure out if they belong and try to get them up to speed.

The main negative of a player like Lamb not being there IMO is defenders not getting to work against the best. Iron sharpens iron.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All fines are waivable.. let Dak play without CeeDee and continue to throw picks in training camp…

https://overthecap.com/collective-b...or the avoidance of doubt,(b) of this Article.

Unexcused late reporting for or absence from preseason training camp by a player under contract except those signed as (1) an Unrestricted Free Agent pursuant to Article 9; or (2) a Drafted or Undrafted Rookie pursuant to Article 7—mandatory fine of $50,000 per day. For the avoidance of doubt, any such fines shall be mandatory, and shall not be reduced in amount or waived by the Club, in whole or in part, but must be paid by the player or deducted by the Club as provided in Section 5(b) of this Article. For purposes of this Subsection (vi) and Subsections (vii)-(ix) below, preseason training camp shall be defined as the period beginning with the mandatory reporting date for any player through the Sunday immediately preceding the first game of the NFL regular season

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/spo...d-for-holding-out-yup-heres-how-much/4423522/

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It’s easy for fans to say that. If you were in his situation, you would be doing the same thing. What he’s doing happens all the time. The NFL is a cutthroat business and players have to take care of themselves and their families. Their careers could be over at any moment. Once their skills diminish their teams move on from them. You have to get your money while you can.
I don't have to support the greed and I won't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't have to support the greed and I won't.
You don’t have to, but that’s the way it is in the NFL and in all sports. There’s a soccer player making 200 million a year. Everyone is looking to make more money. We’re all greedy.

rambo2

Reaction score
Actually yes. Honor your contract. Simple enough. And if your play stays first rate then team will also.
How about use your leverage to get all the money you can because they aren't going to help you when you are 50 and have CTE?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If CeeDee doesn’t accept the offer, this could be a prolonged holdout and we might not have him for the opener. Good luck going to Cleveland facing Miles Garrett with a couple of rookies on the OL and without your star WR. Even with CeeDee we could be facing a real butt whipping unless we figure out what’s going wrong on the road.

DAL1180

Reaction score
How about use your leverage to get all the money you can because they aren't going to help you when you are 50 and have CTE?
Then get another job if you're that worried about the health risks. They are outlined in detail from youth league football all the way to the pro's. There are plenty of professions that don't have the physical risks the NFL has.

rags747

Reaction score
Did Lamb make a difference vs GB last year, a good difference?

Reaction score
Just sit down and hammer it out. The Cowboys make it sound like it's brain surgery trying to get a big deal done. I think we're all ready for the drama to be over with and finally move on. Watching the way the Cowboys operate is so unnecessarily painful sometimes. Jebus.
Honestly I think he's just taking the opportunity to miss half of camp like a lot of players do.

rambo2

Reaction score
Then get another job if you're that worried about the health risks. They are outlined in detail from youth league football all the way to the pro's. There are plenty of professions that don't have the physical risks the NFL has.
Lol

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you say this about Martin last year?
Yes I did, as a matter of fact I would try to trade him this year too. I really like Martin but he has more trade value than long term value now.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Sign Lamb. Trade Parsons. Let Dak walk if you can’t trade him.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
We have maybe 10's of thousands of posts discussing Dak's deal. IMO, a QB cap hit of over $50mm is really difficult for a team to get around. Most of the recently signed big QB contracts are actually small cap hits now and huge cap hits later.

Regardless, I think giving a WR $35m is even more nuts than giving a QB 55m. Nothing against Lamb here. I just don't think that there is enough positional scarcity to justify that level of pay.

This is set up to be a down year. See if you can trade Lamb (2 1st round picks?) and then draft his replacement.

If I was forced to pick between a QB, a WR and a DE to sign long term, I would take the QB and DE.