News: Stephen Jones said Dallas sent Lamb a new offer on Friday

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL...Dak feels "better than he's ever felt."

Duperbowl...here we come!!!
I’ll guarantee you one thing, if he moves on we’re going to be a lot further away from a championship than we are now until we find a solid replacement. We’ll see how many of you are laughing if that happens. :thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ll guarantee you one thing, if he moves on we’re going to be a lot further away from a championship than we are now until we find a solid replacement. We’ll see how many of you are laughing if that happens. :thumbup:
I don’t see any possible way that Jerry isn’t thinking the same thing.

I’ve been neutral on this forever but at this point I’m at about 70/30 that the best play is to take another couple of shots with Prescott and hope for the best rather than waiving the white flag…given the state of the rest of the roster, unless they clean house.

Yeah, it probably won’t work out, but you could easily spend those same years looking for a better QB who never arrives.

For all those who don’t like that or don’t agree….yeah I get it. I do, but the FO is being run by unqualified people and they have left the organization in a bad spot. For those who don’t like THAT….talk about 12 wins all you want. Thats in the rear view mirror. Now it gets difficult with no Romo and now maybe no Prescott to cover many deficiencies as far as how this team is run.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We have maybe 10's of thousands of posts discussing Dak's deal. IMO, a QB cap hit of over $50mm is really difficult for a team to get around. Most of the recently signed big QB contracts are actually small cap hits now and huge cap hits later.

Regardless, I think giving a WR $35m is even more nuts than giving a QB 55m. Nothing against Lamb here. I just don't think that there is enough positional scarcity to justify that level of pay.

This is set up to be a down year. See if you can trade Lamb (2 1st round picks?) and then draft his replacement.

If I was forced to pick between a QB, a WR and a DE to sign long term, I would take the QB and DE.
good post, I thought I Was alone in thinking you dont pay a wr 35 million.
Just get another one next draft.

It is starting to look like the jones boys will just cave again and pay way too much for 2 players, dak and lamb.
And they wont be any better next playoffs. lol crazy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We have cycled through multiple "stars" and all pros (Ware, Witten, Romo, TO, Zeke, Tyron Smith, Frederick, etc.) and STILL have not produced a Super Bowl appearance.
The problem is not talent but management and coaching.
We're not getting anywhere with Jerry as leader of this franchise or the coaches he selects.
So, we have to hope lightning strikes and hope that the next batch of stars/all pros produces a combination that gives us that one-in-a-billion chance at a rare appearance in a Super Bowl.
My proposal would be to keep the rotation of good players coming through and if they haven't delivered a division championship or a Super Bowl appearance, trade them/let-them-walk. get top draft picks, let McClay do his magic and see if the new talent fairs better than the previous.
Right now, we're just wasting talent just like we're wasting Parsons', Lamb's, Martin's careers because leadership doesn't know what it takes to mold this talent into a Super Bowl contender.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I believe CeeDee's price just went up a little bit after DJ Moore got his money.