Stephen Jones said that the Cowboys wanted to drain the clock

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They don't know what they r doing. I wondered the same thing during the game. Rush to get a play off and 15 seconds later you are worried about bleeding the clock. Worst coached team in the league. And ownership just makes excuses for Garrett for the last 9 years. He's the ultimate puppet coach so they want to be the coach forever. Like they said, they are looking for reasons to keep him. Don't remember the exact quote but they said something along those lines a few weeks ago.
It is what it is.

But I can tell you it’s heating up locally against Garrett. I can’t see him surviving after this season barring a deeper run. We shall see. It’s also setting up for Moore to be a scapegoat. Never a dull moment after a loss. Lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys.....inventing new ways to lose for decades and counting.

And theres always an excuse, and a "we beleive," which is why the owner who has to push his product shouldn't also be the damned GM, who should be demanding accountability.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Lol, Jerry, Stephen, and Garrett need to have a meeting and get their lies straight.
Like when linehan was fired. Garrett said just days before he would be with the team the next year. Then Jerry says hey u need to fire him to save your ***. So then he gets fired.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys.....inventing new ways to lose for decades and counting.

And theres always an excuse, and a "we beleive," which is why the owner who has to push his product shouldn't also be the damned GM, who should be demanding accountability.
Correct !! It’s a conflict of interest wearing all hats.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
So, we have Garrett saying that Dak had the option to pass or keep the ball for himself. And that Moore was the one doing the playcalling. Garrett tried to avoid the fact that a running play was called or that the mindset was installed with Dak and Moore that the ball needed to be ran to take time off of the clock. They choose to take the ball out of Dak's hands because they didn't trust our defense to make the stop.

Wonder what would Garrett would have said if Dak threw a pass to take the lead with the TD and then the defense gave up a score. Since he is good at deflecting blame, I'm sure he would have said that he thought that time should have been taken off of the clock. smh.

Both sides can spin it however.

jsb357

Reaction score
Apparently Garrett Vader's "PROCESS" has finally converted Emperor JJ's son, SJ.

Now the three operate as one powerful entity.

Only Jedi Bezos has the power to break the spell.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Call a timeout, get organized and make sure you're calling a good play on 3rd and 4th down. This wasn't even a goal to go situation, they still needed the 1st down. Make sure you pick up the 1st down and then you can start playing the clock strategy chess match (Minny probably uses their timeouts at that point).

They didn't understand that the game was on the line at that point, there was no purpose of saving the timeouts because all you were gonna get is a hail mary attempt anyway if you got the ball back.

This, you can tell this is a red led team for sure. Everyone got the hands in the kool aid but no one can tell you the flavor.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is pretty silly, if you ask me. First prove you CAN score a TD in the red zone. Then worry about the clock. Besides, the Cowboys struggled because they were trying to stop the run and the pass. If they got the TD and left let's say 1:45 on the clock. Then they take the field knowing the Vikings almost have to pass. A FG, assuming Dallas got the TD, only ties the game. The Vikings had only 2 TOs left would have had to save one for the FG try if they got in range. With Quinn, Tank and Bennett rushing the QB knowing Cousins has to throw, I like their chances of holding the Vikings.

The Natural

Reaction score
I honestly fell asleep with 5 minutes left. Woke up and saw we lost on on my phone. Sounds like I missed another Garrett special.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ha! Now if that ain't a bunch of fearlessly foisted fiction fired off out in front of the fact of our on-field failure, in an feable attempt of directing the narratives focus ,,,:lmao2:lmao,,, since when in the hell has Kirk Cousins & Crew been elavated to the feared levels of a formidable Aaron Rodgers- like catagory?
Hell, I'd just read on Friday that Football Dad personally pointed the finger of no faith at Kirk Cousins,,,, SHEESE,,, FOOLS NAMES & FOOLS FACES ARE ALWAYS SEEN IN PUBLIC PLACES,,, Durrrr:rolleyes:

:facepalm:o_O:facepalm:ok, sure,,, whatever the f*** they wanna' float is fine

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And I call BS on Jones and Garrett trying to argue that running clock was a key component in this.

If running clock was that important then why did they hustle up Dak and have him run a play before the 2 minute warning? They quickly ran a play which was a short completion to Witten right before the 2 minute warning.

If you are that concerned with the clock then why not let the 15 seconds run off and not rush a play before the 2 minute warning?
"Toodle-shoot&BINGO"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Haha Stephen conveniently left out the play call on 3rd and 2.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that suite to hear what Clem and Jethro actually discuss in regards to coaching and the product on the field.

That's because the second-down run was fine. The third-down run was idiotic.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
They botch clock management no matter which way they go. They had already taken plenty of time off the clock. They still have to score. If your defense can't hold a lead against Cousins with a minute left then they don't deserve to win.

Cousins has been one of the NFL's best QBs this season. If we'd given him a minute, no doubt in my mind he'd have gotten in FG range against our sad sack defense and that hack Awuzie.

Trying to milk the clock isn't a problem, though if they were trying to do it they should have ran the clock down further on some plays. Horrible playcalling was the problem. Compounded by telling the punt returner to FC no matter what and sacrifice the opportunity for a huge return.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
with how bad our defense has played I would have been scared to give them the ball back with more than a minute left with all their timeouts.

The defense and mainly that tackling was terrible. I mean do other teams practice different than us because how do we continue to field a defense that can't tackle.

Are they allowed to tackle during practice?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
with how bad our defense has played I would have been scared to give them the ball back with more than a minute left with all their timeouts.

The defense and mainly that tackling was terrible. I mean do other teams practice different than us because how do we continue to field a defense that can't tackle.

Are they allowed to tackle during practice?
Then this team is a fraud. If you are so worried your defense can't hold a mediocre qb out of the endzone with a minute left then it doesn't really matter. The Cowboys first priority is to score. It wasn't like they were on the 1 yard line and can blow a play or two.