Twitter: Stephen Jones says Big Mac and K. Moore Didn’t Agree “Philosophically”

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

BH, it's crystal clear what happened when Mike McCarthy was brought in. Jerry and Stephen wanted to keep their new project, Kellen Moore, so they forced Mike McCarthy to do things Kellen's way offensively the past 3 years. That project put up glitzy numbers, stats and even made it to 2 playoffs, but it wasn't good enough to help this team advance far enough to at least taste a conference championship game that has been missed for 27 seasons now.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I think you are right.
Moore was Jerry's HC in waiting.
I think he was OC as a condition of Mac getting the job.
Power struggle, Mac won.
Jerry could not fire Mac after 2 12 win seasons.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Big Mac showing some gravitas. He booted Jerry's pet project. Jerry didn't have the ammo to fire McCarthy and I'm sure Mike exposed the fact that this offense can get it done in the regular season but not the playoffs. Same it's been since Garrett and Romo.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Then today Jerry is quoted as saying Dan Quinn will be like a “co-head coach”. Dysfunction Junction.
Him saying it … yes
It being uncommon … no
The list goes on
Mike Ditka - Buddy Ryan coexisted

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No....coaches grow in different directions...you're just trying to feed your Jerry disfunction....great job, mod.