Twitter: Stephen Jones says Big Mac and K. Moore Didn’t Agree “Philosophically”

Ussdelavan

Reaction score

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

Just validated the disfunction that persists with Jerry and kid. There isn’t a coach or player that will get us to SB in current organization. 28 years and counting.

khiladi

Reaction score
Silly you and your Dak hatred. Do you have to go after everyone that sees it differently than you do?

Gallup did not round up his route and stopped which allowed the defender to stop in front of him. Thus causing the INT to happen. This is a problem with Moore's offense. There are too many read options with his routes which causes several INTs to happen. I know you can't stand the truth but hey life isn't fair and you just have to swallow your pride and go with it.

Moore is gone and Dak will be here for the foreseeable future. I know you hate him. But you need to suck it up. If that is not what you wanna do, then go root for another team. I know the Cowboy nation won't be missing you and your seething Dak hatred. Now go away.
No…. QBs are given options. Dak was staring Gallup down, Gallup was blanketed.. Dak being the mental midget QB, still threw it when Zeke was WIDE OPEN in the flat period..

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
No…. QBs are given options. Dak was staring Gallup down, Gallup was blanketed.. Dak being the mental midget QB, still threw it when Zeke was WIDE OPEN in the flat period..
Well if you haven't heard the reason why Moore was let go was because his offense had too many options and it is up to both QB and receiver to be on the same page. Both of them were not. Gallup stopped his route which allowed the defender to jump in front of him. Sure Prescott could have thrown it away. But why run curl routes all day where even the defender knows where the ball is going?

Cmac

Reaction score
Makes perfect sense when you send a 5wr empty set on a 2nd and 2. Smh....
Until some of the posts get off the "It was Dak's fault" or the "Let go of Zeke", as the sole problems......you might as well be at the carnival getting hoodwinked about why you're BB gun doesn't pop the balloons.
Big Mike let it ride too long witht the Air Coryell Jr philosophy. Perhaps Big Mike got tired of the BB gun not working, thus the house cleaning (some collateral damage). Leading offensive stats were as misleading as the BB gun with a misaligned sight.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well if you haven't heard the reason why Moore was let go was because his offense had too many options and it is up to both QB and receiver to be on the same page. Both of them were not. Gallup stopped his route which allowed the defender to jump in front of him. Sure Prescott could have thrown it away. But why run curl routes all day where even the defender knows where the ball is going?
No, Dak was looking at Gallup the whole time, meaning his FIRST option and Dak had Zeke wide open on the same side for an easy 10 yard gain. That’s not throwing it away. And no matter how many excuses you make up, Dak shouldn’t have thrown it there period.

You have zero clue what you are talking about.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
No, Dak was looking at Gallup the whole time, meaning his FIRST option and Dak had Zeke wide open on the same side for an easy 10 yard gain. That’s not throwing it away. And no matter how many excuses you make up, Dak shouldn’t have thrown it there period.

You have zero clue what you are talking about.
Once again you are flat out wrong and your true hatred for Dak is clouding your understanding of football.

Option routes is where both the QB and the Receiver needs to be on the same page. If the Receiver sees the coverage different than the QB, he is going to run a certain route.

Thus it's imperative they be on the same page.

This was the case for that situation. Where Gallup ran the wrong route and the defender was able to cut it.

Second, you fail to realize that our offense is predictable as hell. When all you do is run curl routes, the defender just needs to sit on those routes and break when the ball is released.

The solution to this is stop being predictable. This was the problem with Garrett and it was the problem with Kellen. Dak of course is guilty as well. But to only point at Dak and nothing else, no matter what others have said, then point the finger at yourself for being the one that's clueless.

catiii

Reaction score
Then today Jerry is quoted as saying Dan Quinn will be like a “co-head coach”. Dysfunction Junction.
And people wonder if I really mean it when I say I'm done with this malarkey and refuse to watch next season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Once again you are flat out wrong and your true hatred for Dak is clouding your understanding of football.

Option routes is where both the QB and the Receiver needs to be on the same page. If the Receiver sees the coverage different than the QB, he is going to run a certain route.

Thus it's imperative they be on the same page.

This was the case for that situation. Where Gallup ran the wrong route and the defender was able to cut it.

Second, you fail to realize that our offense is predictable as hell. When all you do is run curl routes, the defender just needs to sit on those routes and break when the ball is released.

The solution to this is stop being predictable. This was the problem with Garrett and it was the problem with Kellen. Dak of course is guilty as well. But to only point at Dak and nothing else, no matter what others have said, then point the finger at yourself for being the one that's clueless.
How do you know it was an option route? You don’t.

No, Gallup was blanketed and Dak still threw it into coverage when he had Zeke wide open..

Basically you are saying the QB is supposed to throw the ball while the WR is responsible for everything else..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

MM was saddled with Kellen. He never got to choose his OC which is a kind of stupid unique to Dallas.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Sounds like Stephen is just making it up and has no idea what it was McCarthy and Moore specifically disagreed on

kskboys

Reaction score

Yes, Stephanie, we already knew this.