Twitter: Stephen Jones says Big Mac and K. Moore Didn’t Agree “Philosophically”

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
just proves KM was Garrett 2.0. Jerry is hell bent on trying to prove he can make a coach.

It also bothers me tho that this is 2nd time MM has done this. He had problems with Rodgers in GB and KM here. Hes just proving he cant work with people. Good coaches (say Reid) works to a players/persons strength. MM will make it his way or no way.
Not true. Rogers is a jerk. No one gets along with him not even his family.

MM with all his faults seem to get along with his players and coaches except for Moore, who was forced on him by Jerry. If you want to blame MM for this fiasco, you should blame Jerry.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

Why is this happening? Why is Stephen rambling on about McCarthy and Kellen not being able to work together? Why couldn't think handle this like grown men and do it in house without the media?

Stephen and Jerry should have allowed McCarthy what he wants to do. Why did they force Kellen on McCarthy?

reddyuta

Reaction score
i feel like pulling my thinning hair out with these 2 numbskulls running things.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We kind of saw this on the sidelines, didn't we? There were times when Mike would make a face after a certain play call.
I'm glad to see McCarthy taking over the play calling. I trust his experience more than the young inexperienced K Moore. I'll also be glad to get away from some of those Boise St. trick plays that didn't work.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

Gee, it only too 3 years to flush it out and get closure.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Force is not the same as strong preference. And Mike McCarthy admitted he had the same preference, so the argument and assumption is not completely accurate.
I can't say for sure he did not say that, but then what choice did he have? When Jerry made his preference perfectly clear, that left McCarthy with a simple choice, tell his new boss to shove it or reluctantly agree. McCarthy has a long history of play calling by his own choice prior to the Cowboys, I don't think he happily chose to reverse that personal trend, but Jerry had the advantage and MM wanted the job.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Well it probably took a year or 2 for him to come to that conclusion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When MM was 1st hired he expected to be handling the play calling. That got changed shortly afterwards and not by him, but he had no choice but to go along with it.
Never heard that. Where’s your proof or are you just slinging **** out there to see if it sticks.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
One is a Hackett WCO scion and the other is a Garrett Air Coryell scion. It is little surprise they couldn't mesh and that is exactly why I think Dak was so squirrelly on his reads. One is a timing philosophy and the other is a quick hitting instant separation RAC style.

Lamb is the only WR we have that matches that skill set however. Our other guys are possession types.

Kwyn

Reaction score
BH, it's crystal clear what happened when Mike McCarthy was brought in. Jerry and Stephen wanted to keep their new project, Kellen Moore, so they forced Mike McCarthy to do things Kellen's way offensively the past 3 years. That project put up glitzy numbers, stats and even made it to 2 playoffs, but it wasn't good enough to help this team advance far enough to at least taste a conference championship game that has been missed for 27 seasons now.
Again, this is simply not true. The continued comments about this are either the result of ignorance of the facts or simple lies.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Never heard that. Where’s your proof or are you just slinging **** out there to see if it sticks.
Well Rock I'll leave the **** slinging to you. You're better at it than me. I heard him say it with my own ears shortly after he took the job. He stated something to the effect that he would have to call his own plays to be able to install his new offense. Shortly after that the wording all got changed, no doubt by Jerry. At that time Jerry had big plans for K. Moore.
It would appear that now MM's going to get it back to the way he wanted it back then.
Like I said, I heard him say it and I don't care if "it sticks" or not. I heard him say what I heard him say.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...........Zekes been great. LOL I have no stats to prove it and Its difficult to define because I cant, but we love him!! :lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

This franchise is totally and completely screwed. MY GOD!!! One guy is just as dumb as the other. He's even stopping and starting "if you will" in his speech just like Jerry.

Is it me or is his head starting to shake a little bit?

Anyone that blames Romo or Dak for this franchises ills or the lack of championships is a fool.

These turds are going to bring back Zeke Elliott while they run off Pollard. If I am Pollard I run for the hills. Get the hell out of Dallas son.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Why is this happening? Why is Stephen rambling on about McCarthy and Kellen not being able to work together? Why couldn't they handle this like grown men and do it in house without the media?

Stephen and Jerry should have allowed McCarthy what he wants to do. Why did they force Kellen on McCarthy?
I thought Stephen sounded like he was really struggling with what to say, he should've just avoided the subject like you said.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well Rock I'll leave the **** slinging to you. You're better at it than me. I heard him say it with my own ears shortly after he took the job. He stated something to the effect that he would have to call his own plays to be able to install his new offense. Shortly after that the wording all got changed, no doubt by Jerry. At that time Jerry had big plans for K. Moore.
It would appear that now MM's going to get it back to the way he wanted it back then.
Like I said, I heard him say it and I don't care if "it sticks" or not. I heard him say what I heard him say.
Well I do t believe you because it would’ve gone viral here. So yeah, you were just trying to see if it stuck. It’s not at least for me.