Twitter: Stephen Jones says Big Mac and K. Moore Didn’t Agree “Philosophically”

khiladi

Reaction score
What the hell does this gibberish even mean? He said they differed philosophically, but didn’t say how.

And this looks like they are trying to sell some garbage, because McCarthy basically said when he came here, everything was about keeping continuity for Dak.

DanA

Reaction score
My guess (and it's 100% a guess) is Kellen had a lot of freedom when Mike came in to build an offense with Dak at the helm. After this last season, Dak had obvious issues with interceptions, McCarthy probably had ideas on how to resolve that and Kellen didn't agree with them, nor appreciate the loss of control/freedom that was previously afforded to him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes people blame Jerry for many things and rightfully so. The playcalling was a major factor in why we lost. Kellen was the playcaller. And with a predictable offense that can't get receivers open, it has lead to INTs. Sure we all want to blame the players. But they were given the playbook and they executed it. Your blaming the players and giving credit for Moore for having a top rated offense doesn't makes sense. The players were the ones that executed the plays didn't they?

So the main person to blame isn't the players, or even Kellen. It's Jerry. Kellen was forced onto McCarthy and he didn't have any choice. Why blame him for this debacle?
Another Dak scapegoat post… Dak zealots back at work looking for more creative ways to absolve out trash QB from his garbage play. First it was Dez forcing Dak to throw him the ball, then it was Cooper Rush, then Linehan, the OL, then Amari Cooper stopping in routes, then Lamb apparently did know the routes, now it’s Kellen Moore.

Moore was 5–1 with Cooper Rush..

Moore didn’t tell Dak to throw it to a blanketed Michael Gallup, when he had Zeke wide open in the flat on the same side.

leeblair

Reaction score

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

So the die is cast, and now we know what the Jones' will be pitching to the fans this off-season.
McCarthy will make Dak better; something he couldn't do as long as Kellen Moore's philosophies were being followed.
And that will buy them enough hype to try and get fans to believe one more time.
And then the next year it will be "Dak made great gains under McCarthy once Moore was out of the picture, and this year he should be even better."

Dak fans will eat it up.
And there will be some truth to it. McCarthy will change the way Dak plays. But it's not the way he plays that is an issue; it's the way he chokes.

leeblair

Reaction score
Another Dak scapegoat post… Dak zealots back at work looking for more creative ways to absolve out trash QB from his garbage play. First it was Dez forcing Dak to throw him the ball, then it was Cooper Rush, then Linehan, the OL, then Amari Cooper stopping in routes, then Lamb apparently did know the routes, now it’s Kellen Moore.

Moore didn’t tell Dak to throw it to a blanketed Michael Gallup, when he had Zeke wide open in the flat on the same side.
:hammer:

khiladi

Reaction score
So the die is cast, and now we know what the Jones' will be pitching to the fans this off-season.
McCarthy will make Dak better; something he couldn't do as long as Kellen Moore's philosophies were being followed.
And that will buy them enough hype to try and get fans to believe one more time.
And then the next year it will be "Dak made great gains under McCarthy once Moore was out of the picture, and this year he should be even better."

Dak fans will eat it up.
And there will be some truth to it. McCarthy will change the way Dak plays. But it's not the way he plays that is an issue; it's the way he chokes.
Now it’s Moore’s fault for Dak staring down WRs and throwing pick 6s..

MM taking control of the offense and changing it, it’s going to be great. Dak is a mental midget and if it’s a new offense, fans will he calling did his benching by the middle of the year.

khiladi

Reaction score

Cooper Rush should be Cole Beasley.. also throw Noah Brown in there..

khiladi

Reaction score

How in the world can a Head Coach work three full seasons with an OC he doesn’t agree with “philosophically”? It’s a miracle this team won 12 games and made the playoffs two years in a row with major philosophical differences.

Makes me think Kellen Moore was kept around despite what the head coach wanted. Or…something happened to change his mind. I tend to think it’s the first reason. But I don’t know for sure. “Dysfunction Junction”!

Complete BS…. They kept Moore to keep stability for Dak. McCarthy when he was hired said the same thing. Jones gave Moore a pay raise to stay.

Ask them to define what they want to do different? If they aren’t going West Coast, this is just BS excuses. MM coached in a WCO…

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Big Mac showing some gravitas. He booted Jerry's pet project. Jerry didn't have the ammo to fire McCarthy and I'm sure Mike exposed the fact that this offense can get it done in the regular season but not the playoffs. Same it's been since Garrett and Romo.
Lol...couldn't be further from the truth. Kellen had enough of this clown show...and it was his choice to bolt.

This team is in serious trouble...and when the wheels come completely off...we will all know it was Kellen keeping this thing together despite the continued backstabbing and sabotaging.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Watch how San Diego's offense explodes into a mega scoring machine and let's all sit back and wait for another idiot Jones response about Moore!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Mike told us he didn't like option routes in a press conference. He told us Kellen has to be smarter, in a press conference.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Watch how San Diego's offense explodes into a mega scoring machine and let's all sit back and wait for another idiot Jones response about Moore!
His offenses exploded here at the beginning of the seasons...started sputtering towards the middle...fizzled out at the end. A lot of fans blamed the QB.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
His offenses exploded here at the beginning of the seasons...started sputtering towards the middle...fizzled out at the end. A lot of fans blamed the QB.
You're not serious, are you????? WENTZ 2.0 has been a complete train wreck for the past season and a half and has shown the whole football that he doesn't play well in pressure games. His inability to look off his first read and try to finmd a now favorable target in his 2nd or 3rd choices is mind boggling. Too many times FILM has shown WENTZ 2.0 throwing into unfavorable coverages while his other targets are WIDE FRICKING OPEN! It happened again in the 9er game where Hilton was open for big yards or better yet a TD, but no WENTZ 2.0 stuck with his 1st read and either threw an incomplete pass or an interception and, in some cases, those incomplete passes were completable if he had been on target with the pass. Parsons was dead on target when he put the loss on WENTZ 2.0's back! Now that Moore is gone, I can't wait for the WENTZ 2.0 fan club members to blame someone else for his lousy play in 2023.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Buzzbait said:
When MM was 1st hired he expected to be handling the play calling. That got changed shortly afterwards and not by him, but he had no choice but to go along with it.
I remember that too
Thanks Mike, glad somebody caught that besides me.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It should be noted that the criticism of Mike was his play calling toward the end with Green Bay. So people hoping things get better putting Dak into a new system may be rudely awakened.
Dak just might be unfixable this late in his career. But the Moore and Dak offense just was not working. We needed a change.

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak just might be unfixable this late in his career. But the Moore and Dak offense just was not working. We needed a change.
I guess that’s reality, but if Dak isn’t reading well the offense he’s been in for 7 years I don’t see how changing schemes is really going to help him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Silly you and your Dak hatred. Do you have to go after everyone that sees it differently than you do?

Gallup did not round up his route and stopped which allowed the defender to stop in front of him. Thus causing the INT to happen. This is a problem with Moore's offense. There are too many read options with his routes which causes several INTs to happen. I know you can't stand the truth but hey life isn't fair and you just have to swallow your pride and go with it.

Moore is gone and Dak will be here for the foreseeable future. I know you hate him. But you need to suck it up. If that is not what you wanna do, then go root for another team. I know the Cowboy nation won't be missing you and your seething Dak hatred. Now go away.