Twitter: Stephen Jones still thinks we can win the division

conner01

Reaction score
Oh I have no doubt about that, but as an Owner and all my life into a team I wouldn’t be giving up. The players out there don’t care about tanking, only the fans.
I agree
And you don’t want your players to tank
But I also wouldn’t go out and waste picks on players just to try and win a weak division
I’d stayed Denucci the rest of the season and with this oline you won’t have to tank, you just won’t win lol

Majic

Reaction score
I think the Commanders have a better shout than perhaps is realised. Can they win 3 of there next 4? 1) NYG 2) @DET 3) CIN 4) @ OURPLACE

That would put them at 5-6

Last 5 games

1) @PIT 2)@SF 3)SEA 4) CAR 5) @EAGLES

maybe 2 wins from the above to take them to 7-9, which should be enough for the division

Aven8

Reaction score
I agree
But I also wouldn’t go out and waste picks on players just to try and win a weak division
I’d stayed Denucci the rest of the season and with this oline you won’t have to tank, you just won’t win lol

I would too. Dalton is lousy too.

kskboys

Reaction score
And this line of thinking, my dear feller fans, is why we remain perpetually mediocre.

In the NFL, if you want to get some nice draft picks for players, you must do so before the trade deadline. In our case, we refuse to do so. So, we remain mediocre. I'm still in shock we turned down 2nd round picks for Mike Jenkins and Marty Weird. And we knew beyond any doubt whatsoever that Jenkins was gone after the season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Denucci should start the rest of the season and we should try to lose every game.

Release Dalton as well.
Release Dalton? Coming from you? The guy who loves picks. What about the comp pick we get for Dalton next season? lol

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.RfaSoncJerlh5vMAn9Ru8gHaFj

Plankton

Reaction score
Denucci should start the rest of the season and we should try to lose every game.

Release Dalton as well.

If they start The Nooch the rest of the season, the Cowboys wouldn't have to try to lose every game - they would lose every game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If we get the level of effort from the defense that we got last night and Dalton just plays "mediocre" at QB then Stephen is right. There are 5-6 winnable games on the schedule if we get those things. 8-8 would absolutely win this division. But the question is whether Dalton can stink a little less and the defense can continue to fly around at least. We know they are undermanned but if all 11 guys fly to the ball they have a chance to at least be decent.

The OL was a lot better than I expected (which was horrible). I would have bet a ton we would have given up more than 4 sacks with Nooch starting, getting Martin back to line up on Fletcher Cox made a big difference.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree
Players do not and cannot tank. It's a coaching decision and cannot be so obvious that it can be proven.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He is a businessman, that's why he's never been qualified to be a GM. Short-term, he is only concerned with getting the most out of this year to "make a run" which = making $$$. Especially this year where every team will probably lose money, he doesn't want to sell high on any of the few assets we have because he still wants to win the division and maximize profits.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

Release Dalton as well.
This gentlemen, is brilliance personified, if you define brilliance as something analogous to using wet cardboard to build a house.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Major ice storm here, no power in almost a week, phone almost dead but just had to log in to say big enos and little enos are delusional. Would any other organization hire either of them for any football operations?