Twitter: Stephen Jones still thinks we can win the division

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They can, but only because the division is so bad - I've never seen one worse. But they can't do it with DiNucci.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's amazing how JJ and Son really think us fans are that stupid. I mean really?

Yeah, they might sell that "we can still win the division" to the dumb azz players on this team because these players are not to bright, but to think us fans are that dumb? Take that crazy crap somewhere else!

Tim93gt

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the hell he was talking about with Dinucci being fun to watch. This wasn’t like Romo replacing Bledsoe. It was worse, much worse.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I’m not sure what the hell he was talking about with Dinucci being fun to watch.
It's fun because he and his daddy drafted DiNucci and now he's playing in games, so he must have been a great choice.

Look at the guy we drafted. We are such football guys! The rest of the NFL was wrong.

bigE79

Reaction score
Dallas moved the football all night but dinucci is a waste of space. He and his wiffle ball throws werent fun to watch, it was embarrassing to watch. If the defense played the way they did last night when dak was healthy they would;ve been undefeated.
Only if we played philly's offense every game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

"Please keep buying tickets."

Note that when asked about selling players, he said we were "focused" on winning. That's not saying we wouldn't be selling players. It was just a dodge of the question.

And of course, we very well could win. It wouldn't even be hard.

The division just stinks. Wentz had a lower QB rating than DiNucci.

Getting Knight back will improve the oline. Dalton is better than Dinucci. Gregory, LVE, Lee, and Awuzie probably doubles, or more, our quality on defense.

We *could* win the division. Hope we don't. I'm not excited about getting curb stomped in the playoffs and going down as the playoff team with the worst record ever.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
We’d have to go 5-3 in the second half to have a realistic chance at wining the division. Stephen must be drinking heavily if he thinks this unit has a chance at that record.

willia451

Reaction score
2-14 is a real possibility. 3-13 is most likely. 4-12 would be overachieving.

There could be 3 teams from the NFC East in the top 7 of next year's draft.

How did it come to this?

7Ek9m1w.jpg

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Jones needs to be fired. At this point you just go for the highest draft pick and rebuild. This is no where near a playoff quality team, why go through the embarrassment.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LOL.

I mean after a hot start, Smith has kind of leveled off. Why not trade him while he might still have some value?

Trade value has to beat comp pick value. That's usually hard to do.

He has tailed off, but maybe they think he improves with more rotation between him and Gregory.

One of the reasons to play guys is to increase their contract next year, and thereby the comp pick we get for them. It won't be popular with fans, but it's can be a decent investment.

Many will probably want DiNucci to start over Dalton, but if we can make Dalton look like a starting caliber QB, we'll get a big fat comp pick for him. That's a decent investment of snaps. And while it would be fun to see Da Nooch, I don't see that he is that ready to benefit from snaps that much anyway, or is that close to being useful.

Majic

Reaction score
Of the remaining teams on our schedule. I expect maximum effort from Piitsburgh, Minnesota and Baltimore. Will be really tough to get a win in any of these.

I think we can expect Washington to be in contention for the division so that will be tough as well. Hard to be confident of a win there

@Cincinnati will be tough on a Thursday night but we will have10 days rest, which will give us a shot.

V San Francisco is an interesting one, they have so many injuries, I think we have a chance there along with the Philadelphia and Giants (tanking?) games

I'm guessing with Dalton we win 3 more games to go 5-11

iamliko22

Reaction score
They don't believe it..they know this team sucks..they are just selling the same **** as every year even though this team is maybe not going to win another game.. I guess they've made it a thing to talk every week but at this point just stop talking, or spinning it into a positive every week.

Ren

Reaction score
Technically we still can but why would you even want to?
I’d rather be forgotten than a 5-11 team in the playoffs loosing out on a top 5 pick