Stephen Jones: The Draft Aligns a Little Bit with Our Needs

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With a talented draft class at the top on the offensive line and other positions, Stephen Jones sees a big opportunity to improve in the draft next month.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Just what I didn't want to hear going into the draft, selecting "Need" over best player available regardless of position is a recipe for disaster...

And I do expect Dallas to move back in this draft because of the dreaded "NEED", they need more players than picks they have now..

Sydla

Reaction score
I think I got about another season or two of this before I just kind of bow out. Kids getting older so more travel sports for all three of them. I can occupy my time better than watching the old man and his dimwitted, tight fisted son continue to just plod along.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Just what I didn't want to hear going into the draft, selecting "Need" over best player available regardless of position is a recipe for disaster...

And I do expect Dallas to move back in this draft because of the dreaded "NEED", they need more players than picks they have now..
He did comment to Nick Harris that they are in the position to take BPA. Just lucky it may coincide with a position of need.

He really didn’t say anything unexpected. Reminded us there is a cap, that we have young guys that need playing time, and he revealed the last name of our departed center is Biaditch.

Of course all this was intertwined with the typical sales talk that there’s nothing to see here and everything is sunshine and roses.

Kwyn

Reaction score

BPA = Tight End

You asked for it

Carson

Reaction score
It really doesn't. Ot and C are strong, sure, but it's also weak at DT, LB, DE, RB--you know, all of the other positions we need starters for
They don’t view DT, LB or DE needing starters.

DT - Osa, Mazi
LB - Overshown, Kendrick’s, Parsons
DE - Tank, Williams

We know we can use the help. These guys think we don’t have any holes

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
That’s is brilliance my fellow fans. How could we not see that the draft aligns a “little” with their needs. That is next level management right there.
That’s it! We weren’t resigning our players or adding to our roster to give us more holes to fill all in an effort to make our draft look better.

It’s easier to have a solid draft when you need players at many levels. McClay needs a win after last season. Jones Logic 101.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With a talented draft class at the top on the offensive line and other positions, Stephen Jones sees a big opportunity to improve in the draft next month.

That's true of every team every year, as far as I know no team ever has zero needs, even if it's just a backup for a star player, and with 7 rounds and about 259 picks any team can use SOMEBODY...