Stephen Jones: The Draft Aligns a Little Bit with Our Needs

kskboys

Reaction score
Idk man. Bossman fat, Schoonmaker, trysten hill. Those were all picks forced due to need.
Nope. That's the agenda stuff of people who spew BPA BPA BPA all day.

Those were very bad picks due to crapp evaluations. Had nothing to do w/ need or BPA.

Quite simply, the drafting of college prospects is way too complicated to think that it comes down to BPA or Need. That's just fan talk. Neither should be ignored, and neither should be used as a standalone draft tool.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Nope. That's the agenda stuff of people who spew BPA BPA BPA all day.

Those were very bad picks due to crapp evaluations. Had nothing to do w/ need or BPA.

Quite simply, the drafting of college prospects is way too complicated to think that it comes down to BPA or Need. That's just fan talk. Neither should be ignored, and neither should be used as a standalone draft tool.
Everybody and their mother knew the cowboys were taking CB and TE in the second round when those picks were made.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It might take a miracle to extract a contending playoff team from the Cowboys in 2024.
Their front office has, evidently, done everything they possibly can to make it so. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
With a talented draft class at the top on the offensive line and other positions, Stephen Jones sees a big opportunity to improve in the draft next month.

It aligns a little bit, with a lot of our needs.

Meaning we have so many holes, we should be able to fill some of them.

kskboys

Reaction score
Everybody and their mother knew the cowboys were taking CB and TE in the second round when those picks were made.
It wasn't the position that was the problem w/ CB, it was the player. W/ the TE selection, it was not needed and we reached for him. Their thinking makes zero sense w/ either pick.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With a talented draft class at the top on the offensive line and other positions, Stephen Jones sees a big opportunity to improve in the draft next month.

Stephen comes across as more knowledgeable than I thought. But he is an eternal optimist like his daddy. It was heart-rending tha he would talk about Overshown (an underweight LB coming off an injury) helping Kendricks and Parsons perhaps as a part-time LB.
I think Stephen is frustrated a bit with things in general, constrained by a very elderly fool who nonetheless knows how to make money.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just what I didn't want to hear going into the draft, selecting "Need" over best player available regardless of position is a recipe for disaster...

And I do expect Dallas to move back in this draft because of the dreaded "NEED", they need more players than picks they have now..
90% of all draft picks made in rounds 1-4 are based upon need now. Teams define the 3-4 positions that are priority, and then choose the highest person on the board in one those 3-4 positions.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen comes across as more knowledgeable than I thought. But he is an eternal optimist like his daddy. It was heart-rending tha he would talk about Overshown (an underweight LB coming off an injury) helping Kendricks and Parsons perhaps as a part-time LB.
I think Stephen is frustrated a bit with things in general, constrained by a very elderly fool who nonetheless knows how to make money.
Stephen is the one preventing money from being spent, not Jerry.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have made better choices. We forced Joseph but we could have had Asante Samuel Jr. Don't think as many fans would have been upset by us taking a corner if that had happened. We drafted a type over talent, which is never a good idea.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stephen is the one preventing money from being spent, not Jerry.
I dunna know how you infer from me post tha I say Stephen is spending or not. I mentioned tha Stephen's perhaps frustrated with things in general and the fact he's not a GM.