Twitter: Stephen Jones: Trysten Hill will be a starter

Loso86

Reaction score
You have talked to MM about that? You sure he “doesn’t care”?
Just going off of what's come out of his mouth, he was upset in GB because he was made to be the bad guy in the media because Ted Thomson didnt talked more

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Stephen Jones said on Sirius/XM NFL Radio Trysten Hill is going to start at DT..............ah at some point, maybe, possibly, if we don't cut or trade him!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just sick of the optics of the Jones’ boys running into other people’s lanes. This seriously cannot be the first time you have heard someone raise the issue that it appears the Jones’s are undermining their HC— is it?
Hi didn’t with Parcells.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Absolute nonsense. JJ definitely wanted Romo to start over Dak a few years ago and JG told him no
He did initially but public perception influenced his decision. Jethro realized he was better off In the public eye losing in playoffs with Daks hot hand than risk losing with Romo’s blundering history.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Hi didn’t with Parcells.

JJ absolutely forced TO on Parcells. Is it beyond the realm of possibility to consider the FO wants Hill to be a success story and is forcing the coaches to give him more opportunities bc of his draft pedigree?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJ absolutely forced TO on Parcells. Is it beyond the realm of possibility to consider the FO wants Hill to be a success story and is forcing the coaches to give him more opportunities bc of his draft pedigree?
“More opportunities” is different than starting. Sure I can see Jerry telling MM he would like to see what we have with Hill, but I do not see him forcing MM to start him. I think If MM tells Jerry that Hill is not the right man for the starting job, and that’s the decision.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Good.

Kid put himself in position to prove the doubters wrong. It’s on him to produce and keep it going

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Maybe—just maybe— I am sick of the optics of the Jones boys running into the lane of their HC

Yeah I get it and I knew that’s what you meant. But I want to believe that is an old narrative as I can’t recall Stephen acting like Jerry in that way, if he did again I don’t recall. Secondly I want to give Mike more credit then to allow it.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Cheapskate Son is just trying to tout our top pick in 2019 draft so it won’t be considered another bust.

Just another example of our great ownership and front office meddling.

you’re making no sense

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Seems the Head Coach should be the one deciding on who is starting and when to say this publicly.

Now the rams know Hill is starting and can take a longer look at ways to attack him specifically.

but yea everything is different now. This is the 4th time this week Jerry or Steve have talked on the radio.
that is a good point.
Jerry should just build a radio station, so anytime he wants to say something, he and steve can get on there and talk.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Hopefully Hill shows improvement and Gallimore plays well enough that the cowboys
Can lockdown the 3tech position and focus on finding poe's eventual replacement