Twitter: Stephen Jones: Trysten Hill will be a starter

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Hey...ok the kid didn’t cope well last year or maybe it was his handlers...whatever. But I’ve seen kids like him not just in football but all pro sports...there’s an adjustment period and then things click. I’m withholding my opinion till I see the kid do it for real, gangsta style hard core ballin’ full bore baby. I got the vattos back if he wants to ball it it up big time this year and rep it hard....
Puro Cowboys

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hey...ok the kid didn’t cope well last year or maybe it was his handlers...whatever. But I’ve seen kids like him not just in football but all pro sports...there’s an adjustment period and then things click. I’m withholding my opinion till I see the kid do it for real, gangsta style hard core ballin’ full bore baby. I got the vattos back if he wants to ball it it up big time this year and rep it hard....
Puro Cowboys

Exactly, with some DL it takes some time to click. Everson Griffen only started one game in his first four seasons (in year 3) but went to four Pro Bowls after that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm happy for Baby Cakes! Hope you keeps proving us wrong but most importantly living up to his potential. If you've got the physical attributes and talent, get your mind straight and make sure you don't let your physical abilities go to waste. Glad to see Trysten doing an 180° and taking his opportunity as a Dallas Cowboy so seriously this 2nd year for him. Just in time when we need him the most. Keep it up, Trysten.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player acquisition and setting of the depth chart are two different things - and you know that. If it was all about them looking good why wasn’t Taco starting? They had a first rounder invested in him. You have a set narrative and are trying to bend pieces of the facts to fit it. Nothing but BS and you know it

Yes, I have a "set narrative" that Jerry micromanages the team.

Meanwhile you deal in truth and stuff.

Be gone, cheerleader.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Wow, that's good to hear that Hill has stepped up to win that starting position. But we all know it was McCoy's position until his injury. But still, Hill beat out Crawford and Gallimore so that's saying something for the young man. Way to go former UFC Knight!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems the Head Coach should be the one deciding on who is starting and when to say this publicly.

Now the rams know Hill is starting and can take a longer look at ways to attack him specifically.

but yea everything is different now. This is the 4th time this week Jerry or Steve have talked on the radio.
The head coach may well have made the decision. It may just be Stephen saying it publicly, which is something we know to expect from the Jones family.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

+100%.......I remember having a debate with one poster ( won't bother calling him out ) who called him a bust during the 2019 training camp. Yes, before the kid could play his first NFL game. As the poster put it, " he was a wasted pick".

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
It’s amazing the amount of hate Crawford gets on this board.

it seems so personal

Its because he is from Windsor, Ontario. The butthole of Canadian Cities. It can be fun playing around it sometimes, but it generally stinks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure McCarthy and Nolan decided who starts... Stephen just was the one who told the media.

Shouldn’t this kinda be understood?

Not to people desperately looking for any reason to bash the Joneses.

According to them, Jones forced Moore on them, forced them to run the same offense against their will, and have now forced them to name Hill a starter.

:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With this declaration, could that mean Crawford is on the way out?

It should. But I doubt it.

Floor’s open to anyone that tries to justify a $9.1 million hit for a backup defensive lineman.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Yes, I have a "set narrative" that Jerry micromanages the team.

Meanwhile you deal in truth and stuff.

Be gone, cheerleader.
Typical response, resorting to name calling when called out for talking out your pie hole. Go back to diddling yourself while watching Wentz videos on Youtube.