Twitter: Stephen Jones: Trysten Hill will be a starter

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The head coach may well have made the decision. It may just be Stephen saying it publicly, which is something we know to expect from the Jones family.

tenor.gif

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You don’t have any clue how things work. MM doesn’t seek the spotlight. In fact, the opposite. It’s been obvious since day 1 he has been in control of who the coaches are, what he needs as far as the draft, what he needs as far as FA’s. It’s right there in front of you if you open your eyes. Sure the Jones are going to say this and that but as far as the players are concerned its after MM has made his decisions.

Just sick of the optics of the Jones’ boys running into other people’s lanes. This seriously cannot be the first time you have heard someone raise the issue that it appears the Jones’s are undermining their HC— is it?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I didn’t say they weren’t.
Hawkeye I know you didnt and I know many are in your camp about coaches speaking to the media but McCarthy didnt speak so often to the Green Bay media and he managed a pretty good run there.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Hawkeye I know you didnt and I know many are in your camp about coaches speaking to the media but McCarthy didnt speak so often to the Green Bay media and he managed a pretty good run there.

Yah... MM has never publicly run anyone down regarding his experience in GB. But there were reports of frustration and tension regarding how decisions were made by the GM up there.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Ooooo i likes this. Anyone but ty craw is my motto

That statement from Stephen Jones does not indicate otherwise. Just because Jones conveys it doesn't mean both management and the coaching staff aren't making these decisions in unison. But then this place runs on assumptions that fit individual agendas and narratives to prove a point.

So true and if Jerry would have stated this then the slings and arrows would have been worse. Jerry the meddler or he has turned Mike McCarthy into his puppet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So true and if Jerry would have stated this then the slings and arrows would have been worse. Jerry the meddler or he has turned Mike McCarthy into his puppet.

Oh it's already made it's way into this thread.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Stephen wouldn't just conjure that up. Clearly the decision and news came courtesy of McCarthy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If this is indeed true and what MM's staff wants, this is fantastic news. He has taken advantage of an opportunity that occurred when McCoy went down. I'm excited to see his play this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cheapskate Son is just trying to tout our top pick in 2019 draft so it won’t be considered another bust.

Just another example of our great ownership and front office meddling.

starfan1

Reaction score
Just because a player plays for the team doesnt actually make them good football players

im not a big Crawford fan don’t mistake my comment for that. My point is fans are fickle myself included they are all good and decent aFB players or they wouldn’t be where they were at

We got fans that hate. zeke hate ,Dak hated Romo , hate Crawford the list goes on fans don’t like mistakes that cost their team wins and I’m no different

generally speaking I can’t remember many cowboy teams that didn’t have someone on it that some fans didn’t like but I could be wrong

this cowboy team on particular has a lot of unlikeable players IMO but I’ll cheer like hell on Sunday

hey at least Garrett’s gone

birdwells1

Reaction score
That statement from Stephen Jones does not indicate otherwise. Just because Jones conveys it doesn't mean both management and the coaching staff aren't making these decisions in unison. But then this place runs on assumptions that fit individual agendas and narratives to prove a point.

You are correct but when should management have a say on who starts? Thats the problem because a coach just cares about who's going to help him win games but management cares about how they look to the rest of the world.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wow, that's good to hear that Hill has stepped up to win that starting position. But we all know it was McCoy's position until his injury. But still, Hill beat out Crawford and Gallimore so that's saying something for the young man. Way to go former UFC Knight!
He's a UFC fighter? ;)

stilltheguru

Reaction score
if it doesn't matter then how come yesterday Bill Belichick said he is not naming any starters at any positions today to the press.
Because that's what he does. Everybody doesn't copy belichick like that loser Garrett tried to and failed.