Stephen Jones: "we’re going to pay Zeke a significant contract at some point"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well I I thought this was a forum for Cowboys fans, not wannabe know-it-alls who wanna run every player out of Dallas.

Fan of the COWBOYS, as in the team - there is no rule book that a fan must 100% support every player on the team. Being a fan can also be critical, and the person you responded to didn't post in a way that was insulting or even harsh. You cried over a mere disagreement on the value of a position/player.

You really need to get to therapy if this is how big made you get on a message board over freakin' football players.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Fan of the COWBOYS, as in the team - there is no rule book that a fan must 100% support every player on the team. Being a fan can also be critical, and the person you responded to didn't post in a way that was insulting or even harsh. You cried over a mere disagreement on the value of a position/player.

You really need to get to therapy if this is how big made you get on a message board over freakin' football players.
Lmao I need therapy? Oh the Irony.. Coming from someone who does nothing but post thousands of comments on internet forums every day. Lmao I make a joke and you're the one getting offended, but I'm the one taking it seriously? It's actually funny lol.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lmao I need therapy? Oh the Irony.. Coming from someone who does nothing but post thousands of comments on internet forums every day. Lmao I make a joke and you're the one getting offended, but I'm the one taking it seriously? It's actually funny lol.

What was the "joke"?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
+1 but getting Dak and DLaw done in 2019 is a much.

Dallas has handled their cap as they should. Fans get mad because they do not go out and spend big money on outside FA but this is why, we can get DLaw signed and we can get Dak signed.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Well I I thought this was a forum for Cowboys fans, not wannabe know-it-alls who wanna run every player out of Dallas.
You were sent a pitchfork once you reached 300 likes recieved. Please tell me didn’t regift it over the holidays o_O

Speaking of which Zeke is a crucial part of this team y’all do realize we can’t just draft and wash players in order to save money right?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry Jones have both now stated Prescott and Zeke will both be here a long time. I believe one of them stated that Cooper will be getting a large contract as well.

Yay. Can't wait until they collectively take up $60 million of our cap.

We'll make a whole bunch of long term contracts the same year that Garrett's job is supposedly on the line, making the Cowboys an undesirable location for the next coach.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good point. When the Boss talks about a raise in the future, he's telling you he doesn't want to give you a raise now, but also doesn't want you to leave until he finds a replacement.
I heard somewhere that Elliot wanted a new contract. Don’t know why he would hold out this year since he is still under rookie deal though. I know bell did it because he didn’t want to play under the tag again. Passed up 14.5 million. Lol what a bad move on his part.

Johnny23

Reaction score
You don't think it has anything to do with Zeke being a good player? Besides, I don't think it can be explained simply as "what we do". We didn't offer a big contract to Murray, we cut Zez, and we didn't even offer Ware a contract at all.
That's definately part of it. And what I said.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Stephen is quoted as saying Gurley is the starting point for negotiations. Gurley is around $60MM in total contract, I believe. So $70MM doesn't seem that far fetched.

I just found that Stephen quote and it is Elliott's contract will be in the neighborhood of Gurley's. Second Gurley signed a 4 YEAR 57.5 MIL contract With your guestimate of 70 mil it would be an 18% increase which would move Elliott out of Gurley's neighborhood into a higher neighborhood. Bit this is what happens when fans try to play GM. I'll wait and see what actually gets negotiated and avoid playing GM and making guesses.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Zeke haters (even pre-draft) were saying "he's not getting a deal after his rookie contract". And in no way is this same as Murray. He's younger, dealt with much less injuries and is better built for the position.