Stephen Jones: "We're looking forward to signing our own guys"

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When Stephen talks about "signing our own guys," I can't help thinking of it as preparing the fans for a renewal of Dak's contract. :huh:
Simply put, that's just the way he rolls -- taking the path of least resistance . . .:grin: In the Joneses way of doing things, it's the safest.

That's not to say they won't allow Lance to have his days in training camp to show his wares but in the end, it's re-signing Mr. Prescott.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Almost 30 years now-Betelgeuse. And where have this illogical thinking gotten you/??? :facepalm:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ha ha ha! What I'm watching right now is incredible.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The core of this team is rotten. It is so obvious. Martin, Diggs and Lawrence are rotten. Zeke, Jaylon and Tyron were rotten. Dak and Parsons look to be rotten. They may not start off rotten but they ended up rotten. Nobody cares.
Happens over and over. If we actually hit on a draft pick they eventually see vying for a Super Bowl isn’t going to happen so they either leave when they become a FA or get their huge bag here and become fat and happy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Happens over and over. If we actually hit on a draft pick they eventually see vying for a Super Bowl isn’t going to happen so they either leave when they become a FA or get their huge bag here and become fat and happy.
That's why you trade them save the money and rebuild with more picks.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Why do you put more stock in what they say over what they do?

Who cares what they say?

What they’re doing is blowing it up.

Stop believing them.
I don't believe for 1 second they are blowing anything up... since when do the Jones clan do that?

Yes CD and Parsons didn't play well in the GB game.. but who did?

Don't trade away the best players.. build around them.

So they get a bunch of picks and we "hope" they hit on a couple of star players again?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't believe for 1 second they are blowing anything up... since when do the Jones clan do that?

So they get a bunch of picks and we "hope" they hit on a couple of star players again?
You would not only have a bunch of picks, you would also have $60M to spend in free agency.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I don't see the point in resigning players who are only after the bag of cash. They need players who want to win
This is the problem with Jerry. He thinks because he over pays the players he drafts it gives them credibility and makes them a higher rated player

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

They’re not trading CeeDee or Parsons.

They’re just doing nothing this season and dumping Dak and McCarthy after.

When you get rid of the coach and QB, the two most important jobs, that’s blowing it up in modern NFL.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You would not only have a bunch of picks, you would also have $60M to spend in free agency.
Yeah that's the part most people miss. Granted Jerry would have to actually spend in free agency and hit on those players, but in theory a Lamb or Parsons trade could end up being like 6 players for one swing once you factor in the draft picks and extra money available. Odds are you wont land another player of that caliber but you have a legitimate chance of having a more well rounded roster.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So what's the haul of picks, for a WR in contract year and a Pass-rusher who's going to break all records (and tires at the end of season)? Plus we 'save' $60m and then go to free agency and overpay on replacement WR and Pass-Rusher. Also havent we seen/learnt that Dak doesnt work without weapon's, if we're getting rid of CeeDee and Micah that would suggest we let Dak leave and rebuild.

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
This all feels like put up or shut up to me. Jerry probably said he'll spend all the money in the world if they show up this year, if not bill Belichick gets the cheque book next year. Wild times ahead!

Flamma

Reaction score
Then why hasn't this happened yet? Stephen said this as if there's something holding us back, is it? Resigning Dak CREATES money, signing Lamb, CREATES money,
You answered your own question. They haven't done it because it creates money they have no intention of using. Those big cap hits allow them to say they have no cap space.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He wa
Then why hasn't this happened yet? Stephen said this as if there's something holding us back, is it? Resigning Dak CREATES money, signing Lamb, CREATES money, Micah is the only one that's going to cost you money. By the time you've gotten all the money you've created with the Lamb and Dak deals, Micah can go sign, and we can put this mess to bed!!! Why are there so many excuses with this team? If there's more to the story, let us know!! Be honest, please give your thoughts!

At what point can we be excited about signing guys that are NOT on this team
He wants to create money for next year.

superonyx

Reaction score
I whine about the team.

You whine about me whining about the team.

Rent free.
Stop giving yourself more relevance to everyone than you deserve. You don't really even exist. You are a handle on a forum. Your troll act says more about you than anyone who calls you on it. You are not important to anyone's life.

I'm feeling generous and kind so I'm responding to the troll because I know you are hungry.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Stop giving yourself more relevance to everyone than you deserve. You don't really even exist. You are a handle on a forum. Your troll act says more about you than anyone who calls you on it. You are not important to anyone's life.

I'm feeling generous and kind so I'm responding to the troll because I know you are hungry.
YOU stop giving me relevance and ignore me.

Rent. Free.