Stephen Jones: "We're looking forward to signing our own guys"

superonyx

Reaction score
Or not even sniff the Super Bowl for 30 years and rely on fans like you to fall in line and do as they’re told every year.

I like my way better.
Why? What does your whining and crying accomplish?
We have no control over the outcome. So you get to be a miserable man baby all year.... than what?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Then why hasn't this happened yet? Stephen said this as if there's something holding us back, is it? Resigning Dak CREATES money, signing Lamb, CREATES money, Micah is the only one that's going to cost you money. By the time you've gotten all the money you've created with the Lamb and Dak deals, Micah can go sign, and we can put this mess to bed!!! Why are there so many excuses with this team? If there's more to the story, let us know!! Be honest, please give your thoughts!

At what point can we be excited about signing guys that are NOT on this team
You realize CeeDee and JJ are both playing a waiting game and neither is ready or willing to sign.

They control Micah another year at a reasonable price.

They want Dak to play it out.

Nothing has changed in the last month.

Chasing6

Reaction score
instead of drafting a lot of players, we'll draft just the 7 we can and that's it!
Most likely a trade back, and could even trade back up with some of next years picks.

GM Jethro wants those comp picks for a reason

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Most likely a trade back, and could even trade back up with some of next years picks.

GM Jethro wants those comp picks for a reason
I can see all of this happening. If we don't trade in the first I'd really be upset

Polkton31

Reaction score
Just like the last time Dak had a deal get done.... who is to say the player is telling them to hold off. It is absolutely in Lamb's bets interest to wait for Jefferson to sign. By the way, Lamb and Jefferson share the same agent.

Dak is going to get a MINIMUM of 60 million per... a MINIMUM. So if he balls out and has a repeat statistical season from last year and gets booted in rd 1, hes getting 60 million. If he were to make a title game or more, that goes up to 65ish.

So what incentive do those two players have to sign a deal?

You dont know what the FO has or has not done.

Parsons??? He is just entering year 4. I dont have an answer, but how many NFL players that are 1st rd picks get a new deal after year 3 and before training camp has even opened for that players start of year 4? Did Bosa get a deal after his third year?

Edit: Uhm... no, Bosa did not sign an extension after year 3. Give me some examples of 1st rd picks that have signed an extension after year 3.
A guy named Ezekiel Elliott comes to mind.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Then why hasn't this happened yet? Stephen said this as if there's something holding us back, is it? Resigning Dak CREATES money, signing Lamb, CREATES money, Micah is the only one that's going to cost you money. By the time you've gotten all the money you've created with the Lamb and Dak deals, Micah can go sign, and we can put this mess to bed!!! Why are there so many excuses with this team? If there's more to the story, let us know!! Be honest, please give your thoughts!

that should read signing our own stars, because they let all the others just walk.
And they are waiting for ? on the stars lol.

starfan1

Reaction score
I don't see the point in resigning players who are only after the bag of cash. They need players who want to win
Because you know the player mindset so well
It’s good this site has such knowledgeable posters

starfan1

Reaction score
Why? What does your whining and crying accomplish?
We have no control over the outcome. So you get to be a miserable man baby all year.... than what?
Funny thing is he believes he’s making an impact

Somebody throws up a poll after a loss and boom he’s in the money till Jerry rakes in his bag after another successful season in terms of cash

He’s the site troll nothing more this place is his existance

Hopefully he gets his fulfillment

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stephen is like a broken record with his "returning to signing our own guys" shtick.
It really gets old to hear that tune being repeated constantly! Poor Stephen. :huh:

There are hundreds of capable players to consider without going there each year!

superonyx

Reaction score
You do as you're told, take what you're given types all say the same ole' things.

Because some of us want better we must be miserable, blah blah blah.....
Thats right unless you come here and strawman others while crying non stop then you must not want better.
Because only the crybaby fans of any team in any sport want their team to do better.

You are miserable. One of the most miserable fans we have here.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Thats right unless you come here and strawman others while crying non stop then you must not want better.
Because only the crybaby fans of any team in any sport want their team to do better.

I whine about the team.

You whine about me whining about the team.

Rent free.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
You do as you're told, take what you're given types all say the same ole' things.

Because some of us want better we must be miserable, blah blah blah.....
It's projection on their part. They are miserable that not everyone agrees with them and that they cannot force everyone to agree with them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Why do you demand everything now? Entitled?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

:thumbup: :bow:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

IMG-0485.gif