Twitter: Stephen: McCarthy will absolutely be back in 2021

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mike McCarthy will be the Cowboys coach in 2021. "There will be absolutely no change with coach McCarthy," executive Vice President Stephen Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, adding, "If you look at his track record and pedigree, he's consistently won year in and year out, and we have the utmost confidence this ship is going to be righted quickly."

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he will be back, anyone having thoughts he would be gone needs to have their head checked. :laugh:

However, will Nolan be back. Many think he should be gone and I agree. I know the excuses, from the off season, injuries and such, and are valid. But they should not have been as bad as there are. A new DC is needed, I do not want to go all off season, hearing how it will be different in 2021.

The other coaches are safe I think, as they should be, except Moore. I know that argument is the same, OL injuries, Dak injured. They had the top offense in 2019, and were the top offense until Dak was injured, and are still top 10 or whatever. And are legitimate arguments to keep him.
However, his judgement and play calls at critical times and in the red zone have been horrendous more so than good. I would not be opposed for a change here either. But I will not harp on it if not.
But I will continue my game day frustration posts when things do not work, as we all do. :laugh:
But in his defense somewhat, if not for the injuries, would he have to had made those decisions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course he will be back, anyone having thoughts he would be gone needs to have their head checked. :laugh:

However, will Nolan be back. Many think he should be gone and I agree. I know the excuses, from the off season, injuries and such, and are valid. But they should not have been as bad as there are. A new DC is needed, I do not want to go all off season, hearing how it will be different in 2021.

The other coaches are safe I think, as they should be, except Moore. I know that argument is the same, OL injuries, Dak injured. They had the top offense in 2019, and were the top offense until Dak was injured, and are still top 10 or whatever. And are legitimate arguments to keep him.
However, his judgement and play calls at critical times and in the red zone have been horrendous more so than good. I would not be opposed for a change here either. But I will not harp on it if not.
But I will continue my game day frustration posts when things do not work, as we all do. :laugh:
But in his defense somewhat, if not for the injuries, would he have to had made those decisions.

Bottom line is you just dont understand the game of football and you prove that day in and day out. Moore has done a great job with what he has had.

How can you possibly do anything with Dalton the turd and Zeke plodding his way to 3 yards a carry and 5 TD's? Problem is guys like you thought Dalton was going to be better than Dak. Anyone that knows football or Dalton knew that was NEVER going to happen. You were warned endlessly by those of us that do know football.

conner01

Reaction score
Did anyone actually think he wouldn’t?
How do you judge the job he did with this off season and injuries
Not to even mention the financial implications
And MM wasn’t even on my HC wish list
But once you make that decision you give it time to see if it works

Majic

Reaction score
I did have my doubts last week but it's not that surprising. But I wonder how much power he has lost as a result of this season. My guess is that Nolan is retained in some kind of consultancy role and Edwards is promoted. A losing record next year would give them chance to clean house

Reaction score
Of course he will be back.

There will have to be a re-vamping on defense including coaches and players. With all the guys coming back on offense, they should be ok. They will need to draft a couple of o-lineman, but the focus should be on defense

catiii

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy will be the Cowboys coach in 2021. "There will be absolutely no change with coach McCarthy," executive Vice President Stephen Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, adding, "If you look at his track record and pedigree, he's consistently won year in and year out, and we have the utmost confidence this ship is going to be righted quickly."

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Always hilarious when these two bogans try to defend themselves with excuses instead of just answering the question with a yes or no. Who are they trying to convince, the fans or themselves?