Twitter: Stephen: McCarthy will absolutely be back in 2021

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LMAO

Status quo incoming.

We're going to have a typical offseason.. Probably get Dak signed.. Our upgrades will be some rookies.. Heck we might even bring in Earl Thomas next year and talk about all of the work he's put in off the field to make himself better.

New defensive coordinator so we have a scapegoat for this season and everyone gets fired up about the new guy...

All so we can be mediocre.. Maybe a little better or a little worse with no real shot at doing anything in the post season.

Yaaaaaaay. Another year of the same.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Ya don’t say Stephen? Wow. I am (sarcastically) shocked.

9b554007448593024dd32e0823bf086d.gif

mardwin

Reaction score
Let's be honest, Mike McCarthy did not inherit a playoff team nor a super bowl contender. This stuff is not made in a microwave it would take time for any coach to remove the stench from the Garrett year.

cern

Reaction score
if stephen says it, it is true. however, there will be some staff changes. seems reasonable.

cowboyec

Reaction score
just as he should.
full off-season.
infusion of talent coming from the injured list.
top 5 draft pick.
lot to be excited about for next season.

75boyz

Reaction score
Great thing for Jerry is that the bar is lowered, so a return to .500 will be viewed as progress.

My bet is 6-10.
And that includes signing an overpaid Dak, a full offseason, OTAs, TC, draft and FA signings.
All injuries back to full health.

And then where will the full scapegoat shift to when most likely a clean house occurs with the exception of Moore, aka Garrett part II, promoted as the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

That Jerry,
He had it planned out all along.

He's such a Football Guy, lol.

Just my opinion of course.
Can't wait to read the pro McCarthy group next year with a fully healthy squad and no covid/injury excuses. And still these same results. Good times are coming, lol.

JPM

Reaction score
I look forward to a high draft pick in 2021

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course he was going to be back.

Anyone who thought he was going to be canned after one season don't have a clue or even a map to find a clue.
Right. The entire situation in 2020 along with injuries provided him a pass. The bigger question is does it provide a pass to Nolan and Fassel.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s amazing to see some of our fans providing this staff a pass because lack of talent and weaknesses but expected our staff last year go deep in the playoffs.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course he will be back, anyone having thoughts he would be gone needs to have their head checked. :laugh:

However, will Nolan be back. Many think he should be gone and I agree. I know the excuses, from the off season, injuries and such, and are valid. But they should not have been as bad as there are. A new DC is needed, I do not want to go all off season, hearing how it will be different in 2021.

The other coaches are safe I think, as they should be, except Moore. I know that argument is the same, OL injuries, Dak injured. They had the top offense in 2019, and were the top offense until Dak was injured, and are still top 10 or whatever. And are legitimate arguments to keep him.
However, his judgement and play calls at critical times and in the red zone have been horrendous more so than good. I would not be opposed for a change here either. But I will not harp on it if not.
But I will continue my game day frustration posts when things do not work, as we all do. :laugh:
But in his defense somewhat, if not for the injuries, would he have to had made those decisions.
Don't think Kellen is going anywhere either. Don't get the hate on this board of him.