Stephen nugget on Pickens and Porter contracts

Is porter really good ?
Porter is supposed to be a top man coverage corner, and a perfect fit for Christian Parkers defense. He seemed to play well in limited snaps against the Texans. Houston never threw the ball on the side Porter was manning. He has been talked about very highly between the talking heads and the media.
 
Pickens is obviously a big talent. And I know this will be an unpopular opinion. But I would NOT try to resign Pickens. I know he’s really good but I don’t think he moves us closer to a championship.

In other words, We aren’t going to win a championship with the most expensive WR room in the league. Period. Lamb is more reliable and will be up for another deal at the end of the 2027 season. Lamb is better in the long run anyway.

More importantly- We desperately need a pass rusher if we are serious about competing for a championship. Pickens would take away from that possibility IMO.
 
Sign both. And Jones.
They have cap space, and it will go up.
Let Overshown walk, as he will want a bigger contract. Probably a few others.
 
Pickens is obviously a big talent. And I know this will be an unpopular opinion. But I would NOT try to resign Pickens. I know he’s really good but I don’t think he moves us closer to a championship.

In other words, We aren’t going to win a championship with the most expensive WR room in the league. Period. Lamb is more reliable and will be up for another deal at the end of the 2027 season. Lamb is better in the long run anyway.

More importantly- We desperately need a pass rusher if we are serious about competing for a championship. Pickens would take away from that possibility IMO.
This is where I disagree with this some. The expense has nothing to do with it. As they certainly can win with paying them both.
They are top talent, you win with top talent.

It does not take away from paying players as much as what many believe.
They can get a pass rusher. And most do not think they will win it this year anyway. They can get a pass rusher in the draft. Yes, easier said than done.
 
Sign both. And Jones.
They have cap space, and it will go up.
Let Overshown walk, as he will want a bigger contract. Probably a few others.
Totally agree, and this will be Overshown's last year in Dallas, to injury prone. Dallas will save that money and use it to sign Pickens and JPJ I figure.
 
Let Pickens walk. We've had plenty of offensive talent over the years and have yet to reach the NFCCG. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is stupid.
 
“Our goal is trying to win a championship”

LOL!

Stephen cant convince me thats the GOAL of the cowboys organization

Thats a fist full of toilet mush if i ever heard it
 
No two ways about it.....you gotta keep both somehow. JPJ solidfies a future great secondary with Downs, and Pickens makes Lamb greater. And injuries can happen so good to have two potential WR1.
 
If Dak's guaranteed money is secured through March '27, I would imagine they will want to rework it next year...thus, freeing up money to pay who they want? ie. GP or JPJ/? No idea how all the cap crap works
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,189
Messages
14,671,624
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top