Twitter: Stephen nugget on Tyler Smith via PFT podcast

J-man

Reaction score
I think some of ya'll are over thinking/reacting to this. IMHO, their plan is for him to play LG exclusively, at least this year. And (hopefully) be Tyron's eventual replacement in a year or 3. He will focus on LG but get the play book for LT so he can study it as he has time. He will probably get some reps there in the pre-season just because. As the season progresses, there will be and more of a chance that he would be the primary back up to Tyron should he go down for more than a game. By next season he would be the full time primary back up.

They also have Waletko in the mix now too. He will most likely be the game day swing T with a chance to become a starter within the next couple of years as well. Most likely his best shot will be to displace Steele at RT. If Tyler is a true beast LG, could Waletko be good enough to be the eventual LT? I actually hope so as I love the idea of having two monster guards on the line.

Time will tell on all accounts, but another thing to consider is that Martin isn't getting any younger and a new RG will need to be found sooner than later, or we'll be dealing with another hole in the line as we have been these past couple of years.

Reactions: BAT

kskboys

Reaction score
I think some of ya'll are over thinking/reacting to this. IMHO, their plan is for him to play LG exclusively, at least this year. And (hopefully) be Tyron's eventual replacement in a year or 3. He will focus on LG but get the play book for LT so he can study it as he has time. He will probably get some reps there in the pre-season just because. As the season progresses, there will be and more of a chance that he would be the primary back up to Tyron should he go down for more than a game. By next season he would be the full time primary back up.

They also have Waletko in the mix now too. He will most likely be the game day swing T with a chance to become a starter within the next couple of years as well. Most likely his best shot will be to displace Steele at RT. If Tyler is a true beast LG, could Waletko be good enough to be the eventual LT? I actually hope so as I love the idea of having two monster guards on the line.

Time will tell on all accounts, but another thing to consider is that Martin isn't getting any younger and a new RG will need to be found sooner than later, or we'll be dealing with another hole in the line as we have been these past couple of years.
Waletko is headed for the PS. He's a project, not close to ready.

kskboys

Reaction score
My memory isn’t faulty I don’t follow those publications. I get my information from NFL Network and they were high on Parsons. I didn’t hear any of them predict he would be a bust. We’ll find out in training camp if Smith is going to be any good. We found out during Taco’s first training camp he was going stink. Collins flat out dominated him during a training camp practice that had everyone shaking their heads. He couldn’t beat Collins once! Many of the fans on this board blew it off claiming he’s a rookie and he’ll get better. He never did. Many seem to think Smith is a good run blocker. I haven’t heard any criticisms of him in that area. It’s the penalties that are a concern.
Anyone who thought Parsons would bust needs to be crossed off your information list. My gawd, the kid was a generational super prospect. Bust potential was zero. His floor was a good solid player.

kskboys

Reaction score
All we heard about micah was wasting a pick on an offball LB.
Fans and bloggers are simple people.

Tyron is your LT starter so the plan isn't to give that job to Tyler today. But to survive a few games and if he does get even 2 holding penalties per game in that stretch so be it.
It's still better than having Connor Williams body slammed back onto your QB twice a game which has been happening for 3 years.
I would put all those on ignore.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
You don’t think they discussed this together draft night lol? He’s also not just the owners son but a big part of the FO, for better or worse. Not like he’s just some dude across the country saying random ish.

Since when do front office guys not know where the projected positions are for the guys they drafted?

Super normal NFL comments we just happen to hate the guy so no matter how normal his answer is it will get fried lol.

lol you Jones sycophants will accept anything.

0 for 26.

817Gill

Reaction score
lol you Jones sycophants will accept anything.

0 for 26.
Accepting anything is being fine with the FO knowing what position the player they drafted will play?

Uhm do you really think player personnel guys draft players without any clue where they are going to play?

I don’t like everything this FO does but some of y’all complain at the most normal stuff. How in the world do you get frustrated that the dude who drafted the player knows where he’s playing lmao.

Very strange to be upset at something so normal, but hey whatever floats your boat bud.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Waletko is headed for the PS. He's a project, not close to ready.
If he has any ability at all he wouldn't make it through waivers. There are very few lineman with his size and athletic ability.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
LOL @ the cherry picking (1 time Tyler knocked on butt), the bench reps "proving" Connor Williams was more powerful blocker or technique/holding teeth gnashers and professional wailers.

Patience.

The comeuppance is coming soon.