Twitter: Stephen on 105.3 - "Very Confident" in McCarthy

Dre11

Reaction score
But the coach isn't a good coach. Like Garrett wasn't a good coach. You try to make this an either/or - Garrett and McCarthy are good coaches held back by Jerry. But it's not that way. Jerry's flaws as a GM and owner lead him to hire poor to average coaches.

Look at his track record here. He's horrible at hiring coaches whether it be HCs or assistants. Chan Gailey? Dave Campo? He hired Monte Kiffin who was well past his prime. He held onto Garrett for way too long (and the market is dictating that not many think too highly of him as a HC).

And at the end of the day, the reality is the owner isn't going anyway. So all we can hope for is that Jerry pulls the plug quickly on a mediocre coach and maybe gets lucky with the next one.

So MCCarthy isn't a good coach, I thought the metrics yall use was wins and losses? He has a supperbowl , been in playoffs majority of his career, came here and probably would've been 2 for 2 in the playoffs if his qb doesn't get hurt. Now that all change.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Wow this makes me feel so depressed

visionary

Reaction score
This team wins 8 games next year. This was our chance it's been blown by our 40m QB leader

don’t agree at all
NFCE is really really bad
We are very likely to sweep again next year and make the playoffs only to be one and done

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the less I care. Might as well let him continue coaching here. Until we can get rid of the elite contracts Jerry handed out to non-elite players then it doesn’t really matter.

Dre11

Reaction score
don’t agree at all
We are very likely to sweep again next year and make the playoffs only to be one and done

I'll take it, you keep getting in eventually luck goes your way.

brickman

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is a jerkoff just like his father. The only thing he has going for him is he was at LSU. Lucky Sperm University.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Know what else is a challenge, Stephen ? Being a fan of a once proud football team that now has two oil men hillbillies running it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone hear him whine about how hard it will be to team build with all of our bad contracts he signed?

loublue22

Reaction score
It's not a coincidence that Garrett and McCarthy both seemed to stand by themselves on the sideline doing nothing, and their teams were extremely undisciplined.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Lameduck coach. Zero chance he will be here beyond 2022. When the Cowboys miss the playoffs again after winning the division like they always do, he will be gone.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
don’t agree at all

We have a much tougher schedule next year and we were just 6-5 outside the division this year. With less talent next year and the same head coach, QB, and RB, we will be challenged to win outside the division - or to sweep the division. His 8 win prediction is very likely because it won’t be over 10 wins for sure.