Stephen on "All-In" - "We spend max, max money year in and year out

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I’m

First, he said spread the 50K over 5 players and finance the rest. So technically you aren’t financing 5 guys at 50K, it’s 5 guys at 40K.

Second, your car math is off because you compounded interest like the 50K was an investment. But that’s not how a car loan works. You pay principal on a car loan so after five years the cost at 10% isn’t 80K it’s around 64K.
Sorry my off the cuff napkin math was not precise. Forest, tree, again. The exact amount extra spent is besides my point: paying up front costs much less than taking out loans

Want to address your ignorance to the formation of the NFLPA, Nextgen, BTB, etc databases?

Want to address how your feared outcome of low cash spending has no bite because any cash not spent to the cap is rolled over every year?

Or do you just want to try to in this point of fact in a red herring?

Sydla

Reaction score
Sorry my off the cuff napkin math was not precise. Forest, tree, again. The exact amount extra spent is besides my point: paying up front costs much less than taking out loans

Want to address your ignorance to the formation of the NFLPA, Nextgen, BTB, etc databases?

Want to address how your feared outcome of low cash spending has no bite because any cash not spent to the cap is rolled over every year?

Or do you just want to try to in this point of fact in a red herring?
LOL, off the cuff mistake.

You lectured posters about not knowing what they were talking about and they only person screwing up was you.

Classic Fuzzy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL, off the cuff mistake.

You lectured posters about not knowing what they were talking about and they only person screwing up was you.

Classic Fuzzy.
If you say so. You surrender central arguments and grandstand points of fact you think you can 'win.'

Classic behavior from an inferiority complex.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you say so. You surrender central arguments and grandstand points of fact you think you can 'win.'

Classic behavior from an inferiority complex.
I don’t need to say so.

You claimed a 50K loan at 10% would cost 80K. That’s wrong. Then lectured people when they questioned you.

But the board “expert” on everything messed up and compounded interest like it was an investment and not how interest typically would accrue on a car loan.

If you weren’t so condescending to people, this wouldn’t be so freaking funny.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don’t need to say so.

You claimed a 50K loan at 10% would cost 80K. That’s wrong. Then lectured people when they questioned you.

But the board “expert” on everything messed up and compounded interest like it was an investment and not how interest typically would accrue on a car loan.

If you weren’t so condescending to people, this wouldn’t be so freaking funny.
Typical car loans are for 5 years. Plug in a $50k principal with an APR of 10% for 5 years and get back to me.

Sure are desperate for this point of fact, Napoleon.

Sydla

Reaction score
Typical car loans are for 5 years. Plug in a $50k principal with an APR of 10% for 5 years and get back to me.

Sure are desperate for this point of fact, Napoleon.
The answer is around $64,000 total payments for that car loan.............. not $80,000.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan

on Jerry Jones saying Dallas would be "all in" this season: "Everybody has their own definition of what that means, but I've never not known us to be all in, nor have I known anyone we compete against not to be all in." What does he say to fans that don't believe the Cowboys have been "all in" this offseason? "We spend max, max money year in and year out. All 32 can only spend the same amount of money over a five-year stretch. When we're all said and done, we max out our salary cap every year. We will have done that. What comes with having a good roster, which we do, we're also looking towards signing our own guys. "It doesn't mean it happens overnight. But when you're wanting to sign players like Dak (Prescott) and Micah (Parsons) and CeeDee (Lamb), then you have to hold money back if you want to have a realistic chance of signing those guys."

Accept you didn't. You carried over $10M last year to 2024.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
LOL, my comment was just to show how you can get more now with the exact same amount of money. Yes, you will suffer later to try to win now. I was trying to point out that saying they spend the max is misleading.

The Eagles are doing my 5 car example right now. They still have a lot of cap space. If they had a solid to good pocket passer, they'd be very dangerous.
The Eagles have their own roster issues. Much like the Cowboys, they need unusually good fortune in the draft this week, they have a coach very likely to not be there next season, and they need better play from their QB when it counts the most. Sound familiar? Outside of the fact some team from the NFC East has to go to the playoffs, they can’t count on anything more than the Cowboys can this season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The answer is around $64,000 total payments for that car loan.............. not $80,000.
There we go. You did the recursive finally.

Too bad a 28% increase is still a significant increase and my point of you pay much more using loans as opposed to paying up front still stands.

Want a cookie for your point of fact?

Sydla

Reaction score
There we go. You did the recursive finally.

Too bad a 28% increase is still a significant increase and my point of you pay much more using loans as opposed to paying up front still stands.

Want a cookie for your point of fact?
LOL.

Take the L, Fuzzy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL.

Take the L, Fuzzy.
I conceded your point of fact and offered you a cookie. Pay attention.

Meanwhile you have surrendered that you are ignorant about the makeup of the NFLPA, Nextgen, BTB, etc databases.
You have surrendered the significance of cash not being spent in the past.

Further it is significantly more expensive to take a loan as opposed to paying up front.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Eagles have their own roster issues. Much like the Cowboys, they need unusually good fortune in the draft this week, they have a coach very likely to not be there next season, and they need better play from their QB when it counts the most. Sound familiar? Outside of the fact some team from the NFC East has to go to the playoffs, they can’t count on anything more than the Cowboys can this season.
Agreed on all counts. I just think the Eagles are giving themselves the better chance at success. I just hope they keep moving away from the heavy RPO offense they used to get to the SB. Philly will not get back to the SB using Hurts as a pocket passer.

krs1bro

Reaction score
I really think the focus should be the o- line and the d- line. We can put whoever at QB as long as he can throw the dam ball to our players. RB can run the dam ball if there is blocking. Defense can stop the run and pressure the QB. Anyway that's where we start and everything will fall in place. Get what you can from yak. Get what you can from CD. Get what you can from MP. If you spend 2 thirds of the cap on these 3 guys your not going to win a thing. Circle back on this. Haters be nice. That's the formula for success......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He won't ever do that. He left another Cowboys board completely rather than own up to calling someone out as a liar who was correct all along.
i already admitted that i didn't consider the changing principal after each payment. it is a two variable function and I just did the easy single variable.

I see you hold to grudges for decades though. I see you changed your name. who were you on what forum?