Stephen on "All-In" - "We spend max, max money year in and year out

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's funny to read how Stephen thinks what the Cowboys spend is to be considered "maximum."

His idea of "maximum" is cheap to most onlookers. The history of their spending bears that out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Could be wrong on that.

Still waiting to back your assertions and address your stances lack of significance.
LOL. “Could” be wrong? Nah, you were definitely wrong. I have never claimed to be an attorney.

You continue to impress, Fuz.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL. “Could” be wrong? Nah, you were definitely wrong. I have never claimed to be an attorney.

You continue to impress, Fuz.
Okay you going to back your word or is this your Super Bowl? I do think you are an account of a troll who uses multiple accounts.

You left of with incredulity and not backing your word about how the NFLPA, Nextgen, etc put together their databases.

You also present these unspent dollars as a failed and lost opportunity however all those unspent dollars rolled over regardless if they were prorated or not.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why bother calculating anything. You can have two situations where the exact same money is spent, but one of the two come away with a lot more.

Like my previous example. You can by one 50k car with 50k. Or you can buy five 50k cars with 10k on each, finance the rest. Same money spent, one gets 5 times the bang for their buck. The Cowboys are closer to the first example than the latter. They are somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. But you can't just wave someone off and say you spent the same and expect everyone to just walk away and say, ok.

Big_D

Reaction score
Spend some money on outside FAs. No one cares that you choose to consistently overpay your own players. There are good players around the NFL and the Cowboys just brush it off. This so-called philosophy is actually disturbing and this turd trying to justify it is comical. Be active in free agency. Not just wait until the 4th wave so you can sign a dozen scrubs at 1.2 million dollars.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why bother calculating anything. You can have two situations where the exact same money is spent, but one of the two come away with a lot more.

Like my previous example. You can by one 50k car with 50k. Or you can buy five 50k cars with 10k on each, finance the rest. Same money spent, one gets 5 times the bang for their buck. The Cowboys are closer to the first example than the latter. They are somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. But you can't just wave someone off and say you spent the same and expect everyone to just walk away and say, ok.
Except time continues and as years go by the five car guy ends up paying ~8x as much. Now of course there is no interest in the NFL but all you are doing here is pointing out an issue you need to address before merging the databases.

kskboys

Reaction score
Okay you going to back your word or is this your Super Bowl? I do think you are an account of a troll who uses multiple accounts.

You left of with incredulity and not backing your word about how the NFLPA, Nextgen, etc put together their databases.

You also present these unspent dollars as a failed and lost opportunity however all those unspent dollars rolled over regardless if they were prorated or not.
Your little word games have failed you miserably, and so now you've turned to insults. Sad, dude.

Sydla has been a poster forever and has given nothing to the site but great anaylzations and common sense. You would know that if you weren't so caught up in this ridiculous little charade of pretending to be wise.

kskboys

Reaction score
Except time continues and as years go by the five car guy ends up paying ~8x as much. Now of course there is no interest in the NFL but all you are doing here is pointing out an issue you need to address before merging the databases.
8 times? You're not familiar w/ car loans, I see.

kskboys

Reaction score
Spend some money on outside FAs. No one cares that you choose to consistently overpay your own players. There are good players around the NFL and the Cowboys just brush it off. This so-called philosophy is actually disturbing and this turd trying to justify it is comical. Be active in free agency. Not just wait until the 4th wave so you can sign a dozen scrubs at 1.2 million dollars.
Yes we do. That is largely why we don't sign any FA's of note. Of course, the bigger reason is that the talent evaluation of this FO is pretty much nonexistent.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes we do. That is largely why we don't sign any FA's of note. Of course, the bigger reason is that the talent evaluation of this FO is pretty much nonexistent.
But that’s his reasoning and we don’t care to hear it is what I meant. They spend max dollars on overpaying and keeping their own players which is a ridiculous philosophy. To think they can’t improve with players from 31 other teams is just odd. That evaluation process is severely flawed and the FO looks pretty clueless at the moment.

kskboys

Reaction score
But that’s his reasoning and we don’t care to hear it is what I meant. They spend max dollars on overpaying and keeping their own players which is a ridiculous philosophy. To think they can’t improve with players from 31 other teams is just odd. That evaluation process is severely flawed and the FO looks pretty clueless at the moment.
Oooooo, well said. Very well said!!!!!!

Overall, they are simply lost. They're trying to make rocket science calculations using 3rd grade math.

"OK, Spock, calculate the compendium of the outcome of the space time warp using the photon torpedo speed as compared to the dilithium antimatter propulsion".

Jerry n Steph: "Der...duluhdetsy.....6 + 6 might be 12!!!!!"

Big_D

Reaction score
Oooooo, well said. Very well said!!!!!!

Overall, they are simply lost. They're trying to make rocket science calculations using 3rd grade math.

"OK, Spock, calculate the compendium of the outcome of the space time warp using the photon torpedo speed as compared to the dilithium antimatter propulsion".

Jerry n Steph: "Der...duluhdetsy.....6 + 6 might be 12!!!!!"
The sad part is it just takes a little common sense, they don’t have to be rocket scientists. But after decades of it, you realize they’re simply incapable.

kskboys

Reaction score
he said 5 cars and financing. You're not familiar with arithmetic and compound interest.
Holy Fartknocker, you lost another one!!!!!

Listen, this is simple. Financing a car does not cost you even double. You're stating that you're going to pay 8 times. That is way off. Like, not even in the vicinity.

Man, are you really this...................never mind.

kskboys

Reaction score
You still owe an apology on another Cowboys forum. Been years, and you still haven't manned up.
Weird dudes who lack self awareness are not capable of apologizing. Poor little sap doesn't even know that he lost yet again!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Weird dudes who lack self awareness are not capable of apologizing. Poor little sap doesn't even know that he lost yet again!!!
LOL, my comment was just to show how you can get more now with the exact same amount of money. Yes, you will suffer later to try to win now. I was trying to point out that saying they spend the max is misleading.

The Eagles are doing my 5 car example right now. They still have a lot of cap space. If they had a solid to good pocket passer, they'd be very dangerous.