Stephen on "All-In" - "We spend max, max money year in and year out

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Holy Fartknocker, you lost another one!!!!!

Listen, this is simple. Financing a car does not cost you even double. You're stating that you're going to pay 8 times. That is way off. Like, not even in the vicinity.

Man, are you really this...................never mind.
compound interest. study it.

50k turns to 80k over 5 years the with a 10% interest rate. 5 x 80k = 400,0000. 400k / 50k = 8.

Learn math.

Flamma

Reaction score

50k turns to 80k over 5 years the with a 10% interest rate. 5 x 80k = 400,0000. 400k / 50k = 8.

Learn math.
Yeah, at 10% interest it becomes ridiculous. My mother had a 30 year 60k mortgage. Had she let that go the entire 30 years, it would have been over 300k when you add in all of the expenses, taxes, insurance, blah blah blah.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, at 10% interest it becomes ridiculous. My mother had a 30 year 60k mortgage. Had she let that go the entire 30 years, it would have been over 300k when you add in all of the expenses, taxes, insurance, blah blah blah.
Everyone pay taxes but most 30 year mortgage costs 3x the principal over 30 years. I feel you.

Flamma

Reaction score
Everyone pay taxes but most 30 year mortgage costs 3x the principal over 30 years. I feel you.
Yeah, taxes and insurance make it sore depending on where you live. But yes, if we're only talking mortgage, 60k would end up around 180k. But a 10% rate is high. I got mine at 4.7% in 2003. I don't know what they are now.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
If you’re always “all in”…it waters down the meaning of “all in”. Moot point and a nothing statement

kskboys

Reaction score

Learn math.
Holy Larry, you are this dense!!!!!!! 80 grand is not 8 times more than 50 grand. C'moooon, dude, you lost another, quit making yourself look even more foolish!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, over 30 years. However, you were using car loans as an example, which are generally 3-7 years. Are you now able to comprehend your mistake?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, over 30 years. However, you were using car loans as an example, which are generally 3-7 years. Are you now able to comprehend your mistake?
Hi, Swarm. From the original post you were tilting windmills for:

You can by one 50k car with 50k. Or you can buy five 50k cars

Your acumen is showing

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Desperately responding to each and every of my posts trying to win points of fact doesn't make it seem like you are suffering an inferiority complex.

I do like you trying out 'inane' in your own writing though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, taxes and insurance make it sore depending on where you live. But yes, if we're only talking mortgage, 60k would end up around 180k. But a 10% rate is high. I got mine at 4.7% in 2003. I don't know what they are now.
Definitely as well. 10% just makes it easy for me to do the math in my head.

Car loans are typically higher IR than home loans. it is all tightly federally regulated and a broken market. They would charge much higher rates if they could in any market regardless of a profit threshold.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Spend some money on outside FAs. No one cares that you choose to consistently overpay your own players. There are good players around the NFL and the Cowboys just brush it off. This so-called philosophy is actually disturbing and this turd trying to justify it is comical. Be active in free agency. Not just wait until the 4th wave so you can sign a dozen scrubs at 1.2 million dollars.
They don’t have the cap to do that.

Big_D

Reaction score
They never do and have had money over the years. It’s a truly stupid philosophy because they choose to overpay their own players. “We like our guys”. It’s the reason for this mess!

Flamma

Reaction score
Definitely as well. 10% just makes it easy for me to do the math in my head.

Car loans are typically higher IR than home loans. it is all tightly federally regulated and a broken market. They would charge much higher rates if they could in any market regardless of a profit threshold.
10% is good for me too since that is exactly the rate I remember back in 1986. Mine in 2003 was a 15 year mortgage, but it still turned out to be almost double at 4.7%. A refinance. Paid it off in 11 years. But of course that wasn't my point in my example.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
10% is good for me too since that is exactly the rate I remember back in 1986. Mine in 2003 was a 15 year mortgage, but it still turned out to be almost double at 4.7%. A refinance. Paid it off in 11 years. But of course that wasn't my point in my example.
The issue now is that the principals are obnoxiously inflated. Homes in the airbnb range have doubled in price the past decade.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m
Hi, Swarm. From the original post you were tilting windmills for:

You can by one 50k car with 50k. Or you can buy five 50k cars

Your acumen is showing
First, he said spread the 50K over 5 players and finance the rest. So technically you aren’t financing 5 guys at 50K, it’s 5 guys at 40K.

Second, your car math is off because you compounded interest like the 50K was an investment. But that’s not how a car loan works. You pay principal on a car loan so after five years the cost at 10% isn’t 80K it’s around 64K.

Flamma

Reaction score
Because they choose to not have the cap space. If you don't intend on spending much money on free agency, why would you open up a ton of cap space? Pay what you need to pay now. But that approach doesn't get you better results now.

I know you're a Lance fan, and I'll say it now, I would be super happy if he turned out to be an outstanding QB. I will be the first to come out and say I was talking out of my you know what if it turns out that way. I'm just not confident.

Flamma

Reaction score
The issue now is that the principals are obnoxiously inflated. Homes in the airbnb range have doubled in price the past decade.
By me, all housing has skyrocketed in the past decade. I bought my house for 187k in 2000. It wasn't even double that in 2012-2014. Now it's close to 600k. I'm in NJ. I'm tempted to sell, move south and pocket the difference after I buy myself an expensive car. No, not an EV.