Twitter: Stephen on Coop: "It sometimes not all on the receiver”

Aven8

Reaction score
That is more a shot across KM and Dak's bow more than Cooper's

I think so too. I also think Stephen wants Moore to go but they don’t want to have to make that decision for him.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
I think it's slight diss towards Dak and Moore, but he doesn't want to go all in on it. I've seen reports they will restructure Dak's contract, but haven't actually seen it happen. If they don't there is hope they are admitting to themselves it's time to form a short term out plan.

Ken

Reaction score
Dez Freaking Bryant was considered a top 3 WR in that same offense at one point

Miles Austin became household name in that offense too.
Dez FREAKING Bryant- 3-38 on 4 targets vs GB in 2014 (his best most dominant season) and 3-48 on 4 targets vs Det same year.

Austin 2009 playoffs vs MN- 4-34 on 8 targets.

My point was good teams take them out of the offense. Regular season offense....good. Crunch time...bad.

Let me know if you understand now.

Ken

Reaction score
"running the offense"

So Moore dictates who the ball goes to pre-snap?

Look Imma football dummy and this doesn't make any sense. I'd been assuming all these years the QB reads the defense and decides who gets the ball.
Yes?

Is this not like "you understood" for our understanding of nfl offenses? Coverage and primary wr's 1-5. First indicator is coverage, then you go through your progressions. You don't just start arbitrarily with any target lol

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Dez FREAKING Bryant- 3-38 on 4 targets vs GB in 2014 (his best most dominant season) and 3-48 on 4 targets vs Det same year.

Austin 2009 playoffs vs MN- 4-34 on 8 targets.

My point was good teams take them out of the offense. Regular season offense....good. Crunch time...bad.

Let me know if you understand now.
Sounds like Dak

mahoneybill

Reaction score
These keep getting interpreted by a lot as big disses on coop. I disagree I think he’s saying we need to get cooper the ball more and Kellen needs to adjust.

He needs to just come out and say that. Get your playmakers open.

Jerry saying coop should take half the field means that the opposing D doesn’t know the play that’s being run due to our tendency to just run certain patterns out of certain formations

Opposing teams have cited that numerous times over the years

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Its funny on this forum it has to be one or the other...Sorry its all of them, OC, QB, WR all failed at the job they get paid for. Again individually maybe they are great but together so far they have failed....The easiest fix is the OC next would be WR and last is finding a replacement QB...Those are the facts. Jerry likes the OC so.....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes?

Is this not like "you understood" for our understanding of nfl offenses? Coverage and primary wr's 1-5. First indicator is coverage, then you go through your progressions. You don't just start arbitrarily with any target lol
Okay i get that well enough. "Lol"...do you have you be do gd condescending?
So you know who the primary wide receiver is presnap as directed by moore?

I doubt it.
Even if amari being #1 wr....he has that designation for a reason...isn't the 1st read....dak should still be able to look for him often enough....if he can read the defense.

The first read doesnt have to be the target...if you read a better option.
So you are saying its all moores fault and that is ridiculous. Dak apologist.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its funny on this forum it has to be one or the other...Sorry its all of them, OC, QB, WR all failed at the job they get paid for. Again individually maybe they are great but together so far they have failed....The easiest fix is the OC next would be WR and last is finding a replacement QB...Those are the facts. Jerry likes the OC so.....
Dig!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Cooper should be getting HALF of Schultz’s targets plus his own.

I just HATE it when Dak fires a three yard out pass to Schultz on third and 10 when Cooper is open down field. It happens 3 or 4 times per game. Cooper isn’t the problem, Dak is the problem. Coop doesn’t disappear, Dak’s brain does.

But when would Anger get to punt???

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So, Dak completed 68.8% of his passes this year. You taking the over or under next year. lol

If Cooper leaves it's way under because we will be back to what the offense looked like when Dez left and they thought we could roll with Beasley and Witten.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Why do fans take these comments from idiots seriously?

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Coop has #1WR skills, but not a #1WR psyche. Dak or no Dak.

Gruden’s name may be mud now, but he knows who has the killer instinct and who doesn’t.

Enjoy that first year we got after he had something to prove.
Cooper played for Nick Saban who is more demanding than Gurden, and a better judge of talent and player personnel.

Look at the last 2-3 games of Amari Coopers stats at Alabama which usually was the Auburn game, SEC Championship, and Bowl Game/Championship game. Cooper balled out in those games. So he had Saban's trust. He balled out his 1st 3 years with the Raiders, and Dallas got blessed that Gruden was a power hunger disrespect of person idiot giving away a Pro Bowl WR that got Dallas 2018 season turned around to a playoff win at home. You forget Cooper balled out without Dak Prescott at QB and made the Pro Bowl (92-1114) with the Red Rifle, Noodle arm DiNucci, and Gatlin Gun Gilbert at QB in 2020. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones wanted his dumb mistake of drafting a WR when he needed defense to payoff (Lamb) and Dak stop throwing the ball to the best WR.

The Arlington Jonesboys are the old 70-80's New Orleans Saints (see John Mecom Jr. getting rid of Wes Chandler, Chuck Muncie, etc). They let a player go and it's for the player's good. See Chidobe Awuzie in the Super Bowl like KC's Ward, Hitchens, Williams, etc...https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-cowboys-cb-chidobe-awuzie-160324682.html

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
A real QB that had a HOF WR and couldn't win a single playoff game till his 12th year?

You'd sit around and wait 12 years for your 'white'..or wait, I mean 'real' QB for 12 years? Daks had more success than Stafford in half as much time, as a 4th rd pick, with the likes of Linehan, Garrett, and 1st time playcaller Kelln Moore.

I find it hilarious that only 'certain' QBs have potential to win it all, and others are just a lost cause, despite the mounds of evidence proving otherwise

Oh, no you did not just play the race card, right? Uh, yeah, you did.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Kellen Moore look like he ran out of plays the second half of the season and reverted to what he learned under Jason Garrett. We rarely move our star players around.