Twitter: Stephen on Coop: "It sometimes not all on the receiver”

SlammedZero

Reaction score
These keep getting interpreted by a lot as big disses on coop. I disagree I think he’s saying we need to get cooper the ball more and Kellen needs to adjust.
Agreed. I think that quote takes aim at a few different individuals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do find it kind of funny that so many people here are suddenly 100% on Cooper's side. If you went and dug up some older gameday threads, you would see countless posts of people throwing Coop under the bus about disappearing in games, disappearing on road games, and needing to play better.

Personally I like Coop and think we should keep him. The biggest issue here are these idiot father and son "GMs" spouting this kind of stuff out on the radio. This sounds like chatter that should be kept in an office between them and the coaching staff.

morat1959

Reaction score
I'm losing confidence that Dak will ever be the elite QB we all want. I think he can do it, considering we've seen it from him. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like he's the worst player on Earth. We've been thru that, and that's not Dak.
Exactly when has he ever been elite?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

According to the OP's tweet, it really seems like Stephen is letting us know he's disappointed with Cooper's level of play. Based on those words, don't be too surprised if he isn't a Cowboy by the time the next season gets underway. He seems to be preparing C'boys' fans for the inevitable. Of course, there's also room to question if he's a happy camper with Kellen Moore's performance, as well. I think it's mostly on Cooper, though. We'll see . . . o_O

khiladi

Reaction score
Did you watch the video of Carr vs Dak?

Yeah.. If Dak played behind the line Carr played under, his career would have been done by game 2. First round QBs usually get ruined because they walk into a dumpster fire of a franchise to save them, while Dak walked into a roster that was SB ready.

Dak-stans have starter acting like Dak was a number 1 pick that saved this franchise, instead of the franchise babying him with all his flaws, because he was cheap. They made a completely idiotic decision based on a win streak in 2016 that was the result of the OL and RG and because the back up QB was “hip” will the young roster in Dallas.

Last edited: