Stephen on Dak as a franchise quarterback

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I just hope we don’t make Dak a top 5 paid QB or anything ridiculous.

He’s probably right around the 15th best QB in the league. So I don’t know why he wouldn’t get league average money. But whatever. I’ve resigned myself to it.

I like Dak. I think we can win with Dak. But he’s not elite. We shouldn’t pay him like he is.

Probably just cuz of inflation

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They keep giving away leverage. That just tells me they have made up their minds.

Now if that results in a deal is another story.

It is napkin time, Stephen.

Qcard

Reaction score
Why don’t we just start with the 16 that finished ahead of him in QBR last year?

Now feel free to say the numbers lie and that the stats are haters.
I won't though that's a perfect non-sequitur.
I could careless about stats.. Winning is everything however it gets done.
So, how many of those 14 QBs are winners. I bet only 1 has won more games over the past 3 years:huh:

Number1

Reaction score
"... Tank Lawrence might not be the highest paid player in team history for long."

probably not - per the Sporting News, top paid 2019 QBs:

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers, Average annual salary: $33.5 million. Guaranteed: $103 million
2. Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons, Average annual salary: $30 million, Guaranteed: $100 million
3. Kirk Cousins, QB, Vikings, Average annual salary: $28 million, Guaranteed: $84 million
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 49ers, Average annual salary: $27.5 million, Guaranteed: $48.7 million
5. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions, Average annual salary: $27 million, Guaranteed: $60.5 million
6. Derek Carr, QB, Raiders, Average annual salary: $25 million, Guaranteed: $40 million
7. Drew Brees, QB, Saints, Average annual salary: $25 million, Guaranteed: $27 million
8. Andrew Luck, QB, Colts, Average annual salary: $24.594 million, Guaranteed: $47 million
9. Alex Smith, QB, Commanders, Average annual salary: $23.5 million, Guaranteed: $55 million
10. Joe Flacco, QB, Broncos, Average annual salary: $22.13 million, Guaranteed: $44 million

- Dak has won more games in the last 3 years than any of those guys
- there are maybe 4 QBs on that list better and Dak is far younger than any of them

face it he is gonna get big money

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers, Average annual salary: $33.5 million. Guaranteed: $103 million
2. Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons, Average annual salary: $30 million, Guaranteed: $100 million
3. Kirk Cousins, QB, Vikings, Average annual salary: $28 million, Guaranteed: $84 million
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 49ers, Average annual salary: $27.5 million, Guaranteed: $48.7 million
5. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions, Average annual salary: $27 million, Guaranteed: $60.5 million
6. Derek Carr, QB, Raiders, Average annual salary: $25 million, Guaranteed: $40 million
7. Drew Brees, QB, Saints, Average annual salary: $25 million, Guaranteed: $27 million
8. Andrew Luck, QB, Colts, Average annual salary: $24.594 million, Guaranteed: $47 million
9. Alex Smith, QB, Commanders, Average annual salary: $23.5 million, Guaranteed: $55 million
10. Joe Flacco, QB, Broncos, Average annual salary: $22.13 million, Guaranteed: $44 million

- there are maybe 4 QBs on that list better and Dak is far younger than any of them

For the billionth time...QBs don't win, teams do.

Flacco is the perfect example of why you don't overpay just because the market says so.

Hadenough

Reaction score
But that's the problem with Dak. People don't want to run a QB they've pumped money into. So you take away Dak's best quality compared to other QBs.
Excellent point! Daks greatest asset will become a liability once he signs and big contract. That hit he took in the seahawks game when he scrambled and scored landing on his head is not something anyone is going to want to see anymore. Be a lot easier to hit Amari Cooper on a quick slant but you have to be accurate!

Hadenough

Reaction score

I look at that list and the first thing that comes to mind is what each guys capability is! All those QBs have a bigger arm and are more accurate than Dak. Team wins means nothing because you can have a very good QB who is on a crappy team or a very mediocre QB who is on a very good team.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Dak and his agent that asking for anymore than 20 mil a year is like spitting in the face of the organization!

Brax

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Dak and his agent that asking for anymore than 20 mil a year is like spitting in the face of the organization!
i082757.jpg