Stephen on Dak as a franchise quarterback

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10-12 is right about where I think Prescott ranks in the NFL.

Yep, that is exactly where he should ranked. And your complaining about something that hasnt happened yet, that you admit you arent sure about.

So lets give a scenario. If Dak gets an average of 25 million per season is that a bad contract?

Sydla

Reaction score
I figured you were just a complete fool and didn't know yourself. All pro is league wide, pro bowl is by conference. If you didnt even know that, then you really are a fool.

The fact you think this somehow supports you or refutes me is hilarious, but certainly not surprising.

The All Pro awards are the more prestigious honors. The fact one is per conference and one is for the entire NFL has no real bearing here on which is the more prestigious accomplishment.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And yet in another thread, there is a discussion of the fact that it's been reported that Stephen Jones isn't willing to hand over a big contract to Dak yet and in fact, would want him to take a team friendly deal.

So before we start making definitive statements on what the franchise wants, let's see how they approach this. Because if that report is true, it would seem the Cowboys, are in fact, more in line with my thinking than yours.

Um.......wait a minute. What is my line of thinking? 25 million is what he should get on average in my book. 30 is overpaying, 20 million would be a steal.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep, that is exactly where he should ranked. And your complaining about something that hasnt happened yet, that you admit you arent sure about.

So lets give a scenario. If Dak gets an average of 25 million per season is that a bad contract?

I would need to see the guaranteed money and terms but $25MM AAV would be pushing the edge of smart for me. But I guess I could live with $25MM AAV. $30MM? Insanity at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The fact you think this somehow supports you or refutes me is hilarious, but certainly not surprising.

The All Pro awards are the more prestigious honors. The fact one is per conference and one is for the entire NFL has no real bearing here.

I have said NOTHING about ALL PRO. You simply asked a stupid question and I answered it. So who is lying now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would need to see the guaranteed money and terms but $25MM AAV would be pushing the edge of smart for me. But I guess I could live with $25MM AAV. $30MM? Insanity at this point.

You will have to live with whatever he gets as do I.

So at the end of the day we agree. What a waste of time that was.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have said NOTHING about ALL PRO. You simply asked a stupid question and I answered it. So who is lying now?

1) You still haven't answered it. Which is the more prestigious award - Pro Bowl or All Pro? There is actually a correct answer here.

2) You said earlier that being a Pro Bowler was one of the most important "stats". It's actually not. The point of my mentioning All Pro is that it is the All Pro award that gets way more recognition and is more prestigious that Pro Bowl. So if you wanted to use an award as an "important stat", it would be All Pro, not Pro Bowl.

I gave you the answer to #1. Let's see if you can answer it correctly now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1) You still haven't answered it. Which is the more prestigious award - Pro Bowl or All Pro? There is actually a correct answer here.

2) You said earlier that being a Pro Bowler was one of the most important "stats". It's actually not. The point of my mentioning All Pro is that it is the All Pro award that gets way more recognition and is more prestigious that Pro Bowl. So if you wanted to use an award as an "important stat", it would be All Pro, not Pro Bowl.

LOL...........Just like a troll. When you cant win the argument you keeps changing it.

Some guy said that Dak doesnt have great stats.

So I pointed out a few important ones like Wins, Pro bowls, Playoffs, that Dak has already achieved.

All Pros would be better, but its pretty stupid to expect a 3rd year QB to have made the all pro team. AGAIN you show a complete lack of understanding. Mahones being an exception.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL...........Just like a troll. When you cant win the argument you keeps changing it.

Some guy said that Dak doesnt have great stats.

So I pointed out a few important ones like Wins, Pro bowls, Playoffs, that Dak has already achieved.

All Pros would be better, but its pretty stupid to expect a 3rd year QB to have made the all pro team. AGAIN you show a complete lack of understanding. Mahones being an exception.

Change it? My point has not changed. It's been the same since the beginning. Citing Pro Bowl as an "important stat" is silly. Especially when in one of those years, Dak was the 6th QB in the NFC alone.

And there's another strawman. No one suggested Dak should have been an all pro by now. That's you making things up in your head again.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not in order, cause I’m going off the top of my head:

These QBs are inarguably better:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Russell Wilson
4. Tom Brady
5. Drew Brees
6. Andrew Luck
7. Big Ben
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Baker Mayfield
10. Matt Ryan
11. Deshaun Watson

These guys you could argue but most would say are better than Dak:

12. Cam Newton
13. Carson Wentz
14. Jared Goff
15. Kirk Cousins

And these guys, you could argue either way, but I would definitely choose Dak over them:

16. Andy Dalton
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Mitchell Trubisky
Most of these guys are first round picks, some first overall. I don't know what Dak will be paid, but he has been one helluva bargain up to this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Change it? My point has not changed. It's been the same since the beginning. Citing Pro Bowl as an "important stat" is silly. Especially when in one of those years, Dak was the 6th QB in the NFC alone.

And there's another strawman. No one suggested Dak should have been an all pro by now. That's you making things up in your head again.

Im really not interested in some dumb discussion about your opinion of the pro bowl. Im impressed he has made it twice in his first 3 years. If you dont think thats an accomplishment than that just falls in line with the other trolls.

But why stop at all pro, just get more stupid and go right to Super Bowls. LOL

Just start complaining that pro bowls means nothing next to Super Bowls. Now there is a real reason to complain. Which you seem to be an expert/troll at.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dak will get top 3 QB money, because what other option does this team have? It'll be somewhere around $28 - $29 million per year with a huge signing bonus. The Cowboys have no choice, this will happen. I do wonder what kind of money Dak would get from another team if the Cowboys did let him walk. I honestly don't see any other teams out there offering what the Cowboys will be forced to offer, but I could be wrong. It only takes one.
They have the option of not paying him that much, and if he doesn't like it, letting him walk and continue about the business of improving the team. It's pretty simple. Overpaying is not smart. Period. If another team wants to overpay, then you let them overpay. You don't hurt the team just to avoid letting another team overpay (and hurting their team).

Sydla

Reaction score
Im really not interested in some dumb discussion about your opinion of the pro bowl. Im impressed he has made it twice in his first 3 years. If you dont think thats an accomplishment than that just falls in line with the other trolls.

But why stop at all pro, just get more stupid and go right to Super Bowls. LOL

Just start complaining that pro bowls means nothing next to Super Bowls. Now there is a real reason to complain. Which you seem to be an expert/troll at.

By any measure and any rational fan, making a pro bowl is not one of the more important achievements by a QB (or any player) considering that in many cases, players skip the Pro Bowl and guys make it despite not being the top choices to begin with.

Don't get pissy that you got caught trying to use something to prop up Dak that isn't as impressive as you want it to be.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
By any measure and any rational fan, making a pro bowl is not one of the more important achievements by a QB (or any player) considering that in many cases, players skip the Pro Bowl and guys make it despite not being the top choices to begin with.

Don't get pissy that you got caught trying to use something to prop up Dak that isn't as impressive as you want it to be.

LOL.........Making the pro bowl isnt a stat. LOL

Making the pro bowl twice in his first 3 years is the stat. :lmao2::lmao:

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.........Making the pro bowl isnt a stat. LOL

Making the pro bowl twice in his first 3 years is the stat. :lmao2::lmao:

One of those years he was the 6th choice at his position in the NFC.

The fact you keep citing that as a high level accomplishment is hilarious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One of those years he was the 6th choice at his position in the NFC.

The fact you keep citing that as a high level accomplishment is hilarious.

The importance of making the pro bowl two out of his first 3 years is that it proves how dead wrong you trolls are.

As is the win totals, the playoffs, rookie of the year, ect…..ect....

Plenty of stats and accomplishments in his young career that I can CLING to. :clap:

Where as your Dak hating Troll view clings to nothing but angry rants.

Sydla

Reaction score
The importance of making the pro bowl two out of his first 3 years is that it proves how dead wrong you trolls are.

As is the win totals, the playoffs, rookie of the year, ect…..ect....

Plenty of stats and accomplishments in his young career that I can CLING to. :clap:

Where as your Dak hating Troll view clings to nothing but angry rants.

So for the record, being the third back up (not the first or second) to the first three QBs selected in 2018 is a high level accomplishment and of significant importance?

What you see as "Dak hate" is really just common sense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So for the record, being the third back up (not the first or second) to the first three QBs selected in 2018 is a high level accomplishment and of significant importance?

Actually, it is when you consider alternate Pro Bowl selections are made by coaches and he was chosen over what 20-22 other QBs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I used a group of stats such as Wins, playoffs, pro bowls that were important stats in Daks young career. Certainly more meaningful then how many yards he throws for in a season.

That was my discussion with the other guy. Then you translated comparing the pro bowl to the all pro selection.

Were not even in the same conversation.

How about this, do you agree that wins and playoffs are important to a young QB in only his 3rd year or is that no big deal either?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
First QB that comes to mind when I think of Dak is Case Keenum. His stats the last two years are as good as Daks or better.

Not running, though. He's just not as stout either.

But that's the problem with Dak. People don't want to run a QB they've pumped money into. So you take away Dak's best quality compared to other QBs.

Hence you run running QBs on their rookie contract, and only sign them if they've turned into pocket passers. Otherwise, churn.