Twitter: Stephen on losing Moore or Quinn

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is true. Kellen just isn't ready to be a HC yet. He might have what it takes, he might not....but he's not ready. Quinn already failed as a HC and went back to what he's best at.
I wouldn’t say Quinn failed . He took Atlanta to a SB. But he had a couple losing seasons . He got fired. That’s the nature of the business and how McCarthy was fired

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He was part of a coaching staff starting in 54 and became cowboys coach in 60 ...... 6 years.

You don't count 1960, the year that he was hired to for Cowboys as HC.

Landry's time as assistant with Giants is 1954 to 1959.

And the first 2 years of that period he was a player-coach, he was not full time DC.

You are really trying hard to justify that Landry had little coaching experience before he earned his 1st and only HC position.

Need to throw out the agendas on this one.

johneric8

Reaction score
What is Stephen suppose to say guys? "Kellen's going nowhere, we will do whatever it takes to keep him?"
That would be a ridiculous tactic and also desperate. If anyone on this forum actually really believes that
Kellen will be allowed to take another job without a tuck load of money thrown at him I got a cargo boat
full of rubber dog **** to sell you because you'll probably buy it.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Something tells me the Cowboys and MM expect to lose KM. That is why they hired Ben McAdoo as a consultant....bet the plan is to have McAdoo take over KM when he leaves. McAdoo was MM OC at GB

OMFG

This better not be true.

McAdoo is McApoo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is true. Kellen just isn't ready to be a HC yet. He might have what it takes, he might not....but he's not ready. Quinn already failed as a HC and went back to what he's best at.
Right. I just don't see a head coach when I see Kellen Moore. The guy was just in the league Dak's rookie season lol. I don't know I hate to go by "looks" but I just see a guy still learning on the job as a coordinator.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If you don’t understand why asst coaches want to further their careers by promotion to HC then I’m not sure you fully understand the process and progression of the business.

Becoming a HC is the natural progression and ambition . You don’t know when and if that opportunity will arise . You must seriously consider when that phone rings . Cause there’s no guarantee it continues to ring.
I understand, but I don't agree. Most assistants or coordinators who have accepted head coach positions have not done well. It takes time to gain the necessary experience to handle such a job.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t think naming Moore Assistant HC is going to protect him. I’ve seen this proposed a bunch. A coach under contract can’t interview for a lateral move without permission. The Assistant HC trick would keep Moore from interviewing for other OC positions but a HC would still be a step up. The only way to keep Moore is by promotion to HC or higher or by using straight cash, homey.

Exactly right......any assistant coach can interview for a head coaching position WITHOUT a current team approval. Making one an assistant head coach doesn't change that.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa , pump the brakes .

Kellen is already the HC . MM is here for the ride . :rolleyes: :lmao2:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Exactly right......any assistant coach can interview for a head coaching position WITHOUT a current team approval. Making one an assistant head coach doesn't change that.

Then Kellen must have had already 15 interviews by now . the man is a genius among NFL mice .

He might already be signed to another team in 2022 . :lmao2:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand, but I don't agree. Most assistants or coordinators who have accepted head coach positions have not done well. It takes time to gain the necessary experience to handle such a job.
Just because they haven’t done well hasn’t stopped them from wanting the opportunity.

No one is saying Moore is ready. It only matters what these pursuing franchises think or want .

Thats why I question whether you are grasping the nature of the business. These franchises understand the risk . So do the coaches.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then Kellen must have had already 15 interviews by now . the man is a genius among NFL mice .

He might already be signed to another team in 2022 . :lmao2:
They can’t pursue by league rules until our season is over without permission.

Loso86

Reaction score
That’s what the press does is ask difficult questions . Surely we don’t want to censor them because the questions make us uncomfortable.
Exactly, I don't feel like the responses make me uncomfortable either

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not until the season is over without approval .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly, I don't feel like the responses make me uncomfortable either
I actually thought Stephen’s response was genuine and correct when he said it’s the nature of the business to lose asst coaches when you have success.

I think they fully expect them to be pursued after the season. It’s normal NFL business . I’m sure they hope to optimize our success while they’re here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. I just don't see a head coach when I see Kellen Moore. The guy was just in the league Dak's rookie season lol. I don't know I hate to go by "looks" but I just see a guy still learning on the job as a coordinator.
Unfortunately it doesn’t matter what we think . These other franchises are looking for top coordinators to promote . And like Romo said Sunday if Cowboys continue having this level of success on offense he’s going to become a hot commodity. That’s just the nature of the business.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Something in our favor a bit is by my count 2022 there won't be near as many HC openings as a typical cycle ( 6-8 ). As of now, I'm counting only 3-4 ( Broncos, Texans, Giants, and the every-year surprise opening )at the most but then again, it only takes one.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We all want to know who will be OC, DC and ST under Kellen .

Will he call on his old teacher (JG) to take over as OC , since we all know the Giants will fire him by the end of the season.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Something in our favor a bit is by my count 2022 there won't be near as many HC openings as a typical cycle ( 6-8 ). As of now, I'm counting only 3-4 ( Broncos, Texans, Giants, and the every-year surprise opening )at the most but then again, it only takes one.

I doubt the Giants go for Kellen , they already signed his teacher Garrett and look at them now .

sunalsorises

Reaction score

The Raiders have an interim. Add them to the list. I am going to name Seattle as the surprise and Miami is playing well enough to kill a coach.

Loso86

Reaction score
I actually thought Stephen’s response was genuine and correct when he said it’s the nature of the business to lose asst coaches when you have success.

I think they fully expect them to be pursued after the season. It’s normal NFL business . I’m sure they hope to optimize our success while they’re here.
I agree, my response was to the guy who was complaining about Stephen responding to what was asked of him